• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

PS.

Do you have any idea how funny it is to a German businessman on business in SL , when a 'high caliber' person drives up in his Porsche thinking he's hot shit because he drives that Porsche, and that German's gardener drives the same damn Porsche?

That 'high caliber' person may be highly impressive to fellow Sri Lankans, but he cannot 'compete' 'globally'. Porsche is a relatively ordinary car in many parts of the world. However, if taxes were lower, that 'high caliber' person could afford a Ferrari, and now he is playing at a higher level. He is competitive and impressive with the best in the world.

Take your head out of your ass man, stop looking at things with such a small mind, and see at the bigger picture.

who cares about german businessmen fool.. no one in SL cares about that.. all he cares about is where he is living now... we know that SL cant compete with the world prices... what do u care...

What you don't understand is that lower taxes helps the 'high caliber' people move up from Porsche into higher level marques like Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren etc. in the same way that lower taxes helps ordinary people get into decent A-B transportation.

Why are Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Pagani, Bently, Rolls, etc NOT in SL in any significant numbers? Partly because most 'high caliber' people can't afford them, partly because the taxes are too much.

Wouldn't you rather 'high caliber' people in SL to be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's?

what are u mother Theresa... crawl back to ur hybrid hell hole moron.. and my challenge is still there.. start a proper hybrid thread... atleast Google the information and start a thread if u dont know about it ur self... u just keep on coming dont u.... lucky for u i do too...

if i was getting raped like this i would rather at this point at least impart my true knowledge and start a thread of proper interest.. but nooooooooo u wanna get ass kicked again and again... i sooo wish we could meet up on the road....

and PS idiot there are no tax concessions for luxury cars like that in SL.. only for gay hybrids there is a concessions.. doest do any good for the true petrol head.. but still we see people paying hell of a lot to even bring an evo X down... those are true petroheads... get it...

Edited by charitha19

u didnt understand the logic fool.... the point is the caliber of people.. when it was 300% tax people still bought the Porsche.. the true enthusiast.. now everyday idiots are buying it because its cheaper and its the money they would have spent on some montero or prado.. we know they still pay higher.. everyone pays higher even with the concessions moron.,.. god here i thought u got some sense into your head and thought of starting some good thread for the hybrid owners.. no i still dont see it... all u do is come to this thread get ur self raped... and then somehow u go and get ur self an abortion and comes here to put out again... u do know that in the US and Canada they have places to go to get help for ur kind of behavior....

the bottom line is u dont know nothing about SL buying habits or what will happen to hybrids in SL.. people will try to put sub par parts to maintain hybrids especially the Porsche's as they dont want to spend more as they are not the true Porsche owners.. and eventually these will breakdown and some poor fellow will buy them..

How wrong could you be, the Porsche Cayenne or Panamera are both with decent specs are costing around lkr 22-30 million, and thats more than the V6 Cayenne after the 300% tax or both the Boxter and the Cayman and only a bit cheaper than the new 991 911 carrera priced at around 30-35 million. so in your sense who is a true Porsche owner? cos the prices for the Hybrids aren't lower.

Also have to note that the BMW 520i is 15mil and the Hybrid 5 series is around 18mil at prestige.

How wrong could you be, the Porsche Cayenne or Panamera are both with decent specs are costing around lkr 22-30 million, and thats more than the V6 Cayenne after the 300% tax or both the Boxter and the Cayman and only a bit cheaper than the new 991 911 carrera priced at around 30-35 million. so in your sense who is a true Porsche owner? cos the prices for the Hybrids aren't lower.

Also have to note that the BMW 520i is 15mil and the Hybrid 5 series is around 18mil at prestige.

thats because they wanna save fuel and buy hybrids.. and no the true enthusiast will still buy the normal V6 whether its cheaper or expensive.. the other idiots just bought it because its in the price range and the salesman cocked him into the ohhh my god its a Porsche and it does 30MPG or whatever story.. as for the true Porsche owner that line is just a joke....

i have seen people at D*MO with my own ears just pushing the kompressor saying thats its more prestigious without telling what it really means.. and the stupid mudalai bought it... this is SL man...

but frankly i thought the hybrds would be cheaper... that means the idiots are buying it for higher just for the fuel not knowing how much servicing and maintenance will cost...

ohhh another fan boy for californikan.. i bet i can take u both... felt sorry for him ney...

Edited by charitha19

We live in a global, globally competitive, globally interconnected world, man. If that 'high caliber' really is a high caliber person, he deals with the world and with people from all over the world.

And yet again, you didn't answer my question....

Wouldn't you rather 'high caliber' people in SL to be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's?

no man.. the true dream will be that even an ordinary person should be able to buy a decent ride without pawing his balls off.. thats the real deal... u wouldnt understand that because u are an idiot... thats my hope for SL.. forget the rich they could always afford anything..

and globally connected please.. half the world doesnt even know where SL is.. i am trying to promote tour packages for a friend here and its like explaining evolution to a creationist..

cali... first stay in SL for a while.. before posting foolish muck... and my challenge is still there.. where is ur informative thread..

PS. Do you have any idea how funny it is to a German businessman on business in SL , when a 'high caliber' person drives up in his Porsche thinking he's hot shit because he drives that Porsche, and that German's gardener drives the same damn Porsche? That 'high caliber' person may be highly impressive to fellow Sri Lankans, but he cannot 'compete' 'globally'. Porsche is a relatively ordinary car in many parts of the world. However, if taxes were lower, that 'high caliber' person could afford a Ferrari, and now he is playing at a higher level. He is competitive and impressive with the best in the world. Take your head out of your ass man, stop looking at things with such a small mind, and see at the bigger picture.

Porsche is not a gardeners car in Germany unless he is earning in 7 figures.. its the best car to come out of Germany.. and Porsche own the VW group, which owns has 100% ownership of Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT, Skoda, etc.

And porsche 911 is rated as the best Sports car in the world by many experts incl Top Gear. and to be better than the Ferrari.

You see so many Porsches (more than Ferrari's or Lambo's) on the roads because they so well built and don't break down like their competitors. and thats why Porsche is a profit making, and the largest sport car manufacturer in the world.

• Like 1

no man.. the true dream will be that even an ordinary person should be able to buy a decent ride without pawing his balls off.. thats the real deal... u wouldnt understand that because u are an idiot... thats my hope for SL.. forget the rich they could always afford anything..

and globally connected please.. half the world doesnt even know where SL is.. i am trying to promote tour packages for a friend here and its like explaining evolution to a creationist..

cali... first stay in SL for a while.. before posting foolish muck... and my challenge is still there.. where is ur informative thread..

All of a sudden you've completely changed your tune, haven't you?

After 30+ pages of attacking ordinary cars like the Prius and Axio and going on about how you'd never drive one, and going on and on about performance cars and V8's and how only high caliber people should drive Porsches, all of a sudden now you switch the subject to his concern for the ordinary people.

SO answer my question...

Wouldn't you rather 'high caliber' people in SL be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche'

Edited by Californikan

PS.

Do you have any idea how funny it is to a German businessman on business in SL , when a 'high caliber' person drives up in his Porsche thinking he's hot shit because he drives that Porsche, and that German's gardener drives the same damn Porsche?

That 'high caliber' person may be highly impressive to fellow Sri Lankans, but he cannot 'compete' 'globally'. Porsche is a relatively ordinary car in many parts of the world. However, if taxes were lower, that 'high caliber' person could afford a Ferrari, and now he is playing at a higher level. He is competitive and impressive with the best in the world.

Take your head out of your ass man, stop looking at things with such a small mind, and see at the bigger picture.

You gotta be the most retarded to person to have an argument with. we started with porsche hybrid drivers being cheapos and now you are talking about sri lankan upper class and their buying habits, a subject you don't know anything about. in fact you look like a soldier who ran out of bullets. throwing stones. twigs, and turds at the enemy.

Now listen up sunshine. what do you know about economics? consumer behavior in particular? why is it so hard for your microscopic brain to figure out the reason marques like ferrari lamborghini etc aren't very well established here? cos there's no agent no servicing no spare parts etc. and why not? because sri lanka is a very small market and each company couldn't sell even 2 cars a year. So the markets too small for them to open a dealership and maintain and supply parts. Its just not profitable. Where does that leave our consumer? its a matter of buying these cars and constantly shipping them back and forth for services or just buy a high end offering of a marque thats very well established here like mercedes.

• Like 1

Porsche is not a gardeners car in Germany unless he is earning in 7 figures.. its the best car to come out of Germany.. and Porsche own the VW group, which owns has 100% ownership of Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, SEAT, Skoda, etc.

And porsche 911 is rated as the best Sports car in the world by many experts incl Top Gear. and to be better than the Ferrari.

You see so many Porsches (more than Ferrari's or Lambo's) on the roads because they so well built and don't break down like their competitors. and thats why Porsche is a profit making, and the largest sport car manufacturer in the world.

Porsche is more common around the world because they are much, much, much cheaper than Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc.

$52,000 - Porsche Boxster, the cheapest Porsche.

$225,000 - Ferrari 458, the cheapest Ferrari.

• Like 1

thats because they wanna save fuel and buy hybrids... ohhh another fan boy for californikan.. i bet i can take u both... felt sorry for him ney...

No they don't, have u driven either the Panamera or the Cayenne, if so you will know that its will not give you more than 6 kmpl, but due to the hybrid, it will however give you 380ps and 580nm, which is enough to take down most of the Civic Type R's and to keep up with the Sti's on long stretches... and then after all that it handles like a proper Porsche.

Porsche is more common around the world because they are much, much, much cheaper than Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc. $52,000 - Porsche Boxster, the cheapest Porsche. $225,000 - Ferrari 458, the cheapest Ferrari.

what compares with the Ferrari 458 is the 911 Turbo S, and Ferrari 458 is not the cheapest Ferrari...

i never changed my tune fool.. i was never against people buying axios or hybrids.. i said i will never want one.. but it doesnt mean that the general motorist in SL whom are 90% of the people should not get a chance to atleast own an econobox.. u dumb c**t... f**king asshole..

and yes high caliber or not they should be able to buy anything... the question was never that... come back with some thing solid dick face..

Yes, the question was that because you were talking your complete crap about how because of high taxes only the high caliber people should drive Porsche.

Glad you've changed your tune and think the high caliber people in SL should be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's. Guess what? We're going to have to lower taxes to make that happen.

You just invalidated your own argument DUMBASS.

You gotta be the most retarded to person to have an argument with. we started with porsche hybrid drivers being cheapos and now you are talking about sri lankan upper class and their buying habits, a subject you don't know anything about. in fact you look like a soldier who ran out of bullets. throwing stones. twigs, and turds at the enemy.

Now listen up sunshine. what do you know about economics? consumer behavior in particular? why is it so hard for your microscopic brain to figure out the reason marques like ferrari lamborghini etc aren't very well established here? cos there's no agent no servicing no spare parts etc. and why not? because sri lanka is a very small market and each company couldn't sell even 2 cars a year. So the markets too small for them to open a dealership and maintain and supply parts. Its just not profitable. Where does that leave our consumer? its a matter of buying these cars and constantly shipping them back and forth for services or just buy a high end offering of a marque thats very well established here like mercedes.

That is a such a stupid pea brained argument. It shows how clueless you are and that YOU obviously don't know anything about economics.

Lets look at some countries that have MUCH smaller populations than Sri lanka and have Ferrari agents and many Ferrari owners...

-Singapore

-UAE

-Sweden

-Switzerland

-Hong Kong

I go on and on with more countries all day.....

It's not the size of the country or the population size that matters, it's the combination of the average and individual incomes of the population and the tax rates that create the economic buying power of a country.

I thought you were a nonsense-talking wantabe when you wrote that crap about Porsche hybrids, but I was polite to you and didn't say anything at the time. This absolutely confirms it.

Edited by Californikan

You really are talking straight out of your ass now, aren't you. Or did you suddenly become an expert on the U.S. tax code system?

Let me say it again.

In the U.S. people pay between 0% and 11.5% tax on their vehicles depending on the state they live in.

I even provided a link to the U.S. sales tax rates in my previous post, but I suppose you're too stupid to look at it or understand it.

Ha Ha no need to get buthurt im just stating whats obvious here.

Listen dude not bragging but you are talking to a guy who did his first engine overhaul when he was 12, trust me when i say i know my way around cars. I certainly dont need google to tell me if my car has alloy wheels of frikking hubcaps.

Anyway i seriously dont have time for your BS, im gonna adhere to what a wise man once said "Don’t wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pigs like it" quite frankly thats what is happening here i.e you just love getting raped and keep coming back for more.

• Like 1

Ha Ha no need to get buthurt im just stating whats obvious here.

Listen dude not bragging but you are talking to a guy who did his first engine overhaul when he was 12, trust me when i say i know my way around cars. I certainly dont need google to tell me if my car has alloy wheels of frikking hubcaps.

Anyway i seriously dont have time for your BS, im gonna adhere to what a wise man once said "Don’t wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pigs like it" quite frankly thats what is happening here i.e you just love getting raped and keep coming back for more.

Why should I be hurt. You're the one that, after 'a fair bit of thinking', tried to invalidate a piece of information that you have no absolutely clue about, and is absolutely correct.

But no surprise. You're also one of the people who said Sri Lankans who pay 50-100% tax are cheapskates.

Hundreds of millions of people around the world who pay far lower taxes on their vehicle are laughing their asses off at you. :lol:

Don't know if this has been discussed already here cos I can't be bothered reading all 38 pages of Cali-bashing, but I got a letter from Toyota Lanka and I quote "Thinking twice about getting that new toyota hybrid? Not to worry... because we got you covered!" advertising a new HybridCare service. I thought that this would be still years away, I wonder whether they'll start importing them brand new now. Hmmm....Maybe hybrids will succeed after all.

That is a such a stupid pea brained argument. It shows how clueless you are and that YOU obviously don't know anything about economics.

Lets look at some countries that have MUCH smaller populations than Sri lanka and have Ferrari agents and many Ferrari owners...

-Singapore

-UAE

-Sweden

-Switzerland

-Hong Kong

I go on and on with more countries all day.....

It's not the size of the country or the population size that matters, it's the combination of the average and individual incomes of the population and the tax rates that create the economic buying power of a country.

I thought you were a nonsense-talking wantabe when you wrote that crap about Porsche hybrids, but I was polite to you and didn't say anything at the time. This absolutely confirms it.

did I mention population? because any educated person can understand if a market is said to be too small its just the low demand for such cars due to a number of factors. and Mr. Smartass compares Sri Lanka with a bunch of much richer first world countries where these factors are totally different.

again what do you know about tax rates? in singapore you pay yearly tax on your car which is in some case more than what the car is worth. but people still buy these cars for their passion for such motors

I can't believe we are all arguing with an idiot from Connecticut who drives around in a cheap ass prius (which he got thanks to a battery of government and state money back schemes) for which he's forever grateful for hybrid technology that he can't stop jacking off to it as he finally owns a new car (even though he doesn't know what kinda wheels its got) and now he's on about Sri Lankan upper class's buying habits and economics and so on.

honestly i'd rather listen to a blind person explaining colours.

• Like 1

Yes, the question was that because you were talking your complete crap about how because of high taxes only the high caliber people should drive Porsche.

Glad you've changed your tune and think the high caliber people in SL should be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's. Guess what? We're going to have to lower taxes to make that happen.

You just invalidated your own argument DUMBASS.

no i didnt... what are u saying moron.. dumb f**king mother f****r... i said only the true enthusiast will pay and get a proper car even with the taxes.. what cant u understand f**king aunty f**king butt face..

bottom line.. we have true petrolheads who bought cars for three times the price that idiots in the US and canada bought for 1/3 of the price... they bought paying so much for the pure passion.. they are the real petrolheads.. the general motorist also pays a lot to buy an econobox... and even with the concessions the hybrid prices are still high...

either u dont understand English.. or u dont understand logic.. but i know u dont understand SL... thats for sure.. again where is the hybrid informative thread.. most people here can even write their own DIY page about even the most complex of engine jobs.. can u even post something simple about a hybrid DUMBASS..

and guess what u just got raped and owned again by Jadey... u moron...

give up idiot.. and post something useful.. no matter what u say.. sri lankan buyer is different we as a country is different..

this is entertaining as i wait for the live stream of the big match.. thats right cali we have big matches in sri lanka.. have u heard of that... where did u go to school.. i am sure not in SL... thats why u think getting raped is dignifying..

Edited by charitha19

Don't know if this has been discussed already here cos I can't be bothered reading all 38 pages of Cali-bashing, but I got a letter from Toyota Lanka and I quote "Thinking twice about getting that new toyota hybrid? Not to worry... because we got you covered!" advertising a new HybridCare service. I thought that this would be still years away, I wonder whether they'll start importing them brand new now. Hmmm....Maybe hybrids will succeed after all.

I can't help thinking the thinking twice part has less to do with parts and servicing and more to do with some ignorant hybrid owners making all the other hybrid owners look bad and putting off potential buyers completely.

did I mention population? because any educated person can understand if a market is said to be too small its just the low demand for such cars due to a number of factors. and Mr. Smartass compares Sri Lanka with a bunch of much richer first world countries where these factors are totally different.

again what do you know about tax rates? in singapore you pay yearly tax on your car which is in some case more than what the car is worth. but people still buy these cars for their passion for such motors

I can't believe we are all arguing with an idiot from Connecticut who drives around in a cheap ass prius (which he got thanks to a battery of government and state money back schemes) for which he's forever grateful for hybrid technology that he can't stop jacking off to it as he finally owns a new car (even though he doesn't know what kinda wheels its got) and now he's on about Sri Lankan upper class's buying habits and economics and so on.

honestly i'd rather listen to a blind person explaining colours.

I picked it up in your very first post that you are a snob and an elitist.

You may think you are hot shit in SL and maybe people think you are, but this is a big world we live in , and in this big world you are a nobody.

Why should I be hurt. You're the one that, after 'a fair bit of thinking', tried to invalidate a piece of information that you have no absolutely clue about, and is absolutely correct.

But no surprise. You're also one of the people who said Sri Lankans who pay 50-100% tax are cheapskates.

Hundreds of millions of people around the world who pay far lower taxes on their vehicle are laughing their asses off at you. :lol:

Hey dumbass thats not the point, the point being if the tax scheme was reversed and the normal panamera had only 30% tax and the hybrid had a higher tax percentage people wouldnt buy the hybrid. Fact is they bought the hybrid cause of the tax concession and cause they could afford a Porsche for a little more than their average prado, they didnt buy the damn thing to save the environment or becoming pioneers or any of that crap. Comparing the tax figures here and that of the U.S is moronic, i couldn't have made it more simpler but then again i done have much hope that you will so dont worry about it.

Right, as opposed to people not laughing at you for not knowing that your car had hub caps even though you claim to be an expert on hybrids ? :rolleyes:

There so so many reason for succeed that it completely outweighs fail.

The Cali-bashers can't see or think beyond their noses, let alone 5 or 10 years into the future.

• Like 2

There so so many reason for succeed that it completely outweighs fail.

The Cali-bashers can't see or think beyond their noses, let alone 5 or 10 years into the future.

Well I've never driven a hybrid, so I can't comment on whether it is enjoyable or not, (With respect to Charitha19's erm, 'emphatic' arguments that it is a singularly unenjoyable experience compared to a 'normal' gasoline engine) but if it saves money when costs of everything else are going up, it does seem like the course of wisdom to consider it, but like Jadey says, I wonder whether they offer a good service or a way to make a bit more cash at the ignorant customer's expense, I suspect it is the latter.

Edited by ShintaroX

Hey dumbass thats not the point, the point being if the tax scheme was reversed and the normal panamera had only 30% tax and the hybrid had a higher tax percentage people wouldnt buy the hybrid. Fact is they bought the hybrid cause of the tax concession and cause they could afford a Porsche for a little more than their average prado, they didnt buy the damn thing to save the environment or becoming pioneers or any of that crap. Comparing the tax figures here and that of the U.S is moronic, i couldn't have made it more simpler but then again i done have much hope that you will so dont worry about it.

I never said anything about Porsche buyers buying their cars to save the environment or to be pioneers or anything like that. That is your delusion.

You are the dumbass who asserted that Sri Lankans who pay 50%-100% tax on their cars are cheapskates. I pulled the U.S. tax numbers to demonstrate the FACT that people in mature markets pay far far far less in taxes on their cars than Sri Lankans do. Which confirms that your assertion about Sri Lankans is completely idiotic.

• Like 1