• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Alright....after all this, we came to a mutual understanding. Peace. :alc:

u see dont get me wrong.. i still wouldn't go near a hybrid or a electric until i am forced to or have to... i just agreed to that post because that makes sense and u eco enthusiast if they do pile up in SL can have u own meet up to see how many miles u can get or something...

i still wouldn't do it since i cant pull off wearing a pink shirt u know..

small word of advice in SL don't expect much... u wouldn't get eco enthusiasts for at least another 10 years.... fuel saving enthusiasts yes u will get.. u will get even more of these in india....

u see dont get me wrong.. i still wouldn't go near a hybrid or a electric until i am forced to or have to... i just agreed to that post because that makes sense and u eco enthusiast if they do pile up in SL can have u own meet up to see how many miles u can get or something...

i still wouldn't do it since i cant pull off wearing a pink shirt u know..

small word of advice in SL don't expect much... u wouldn't get eco enthusiasts for at least another 10 years.... fuel saving enthusiasts yes u will get.. u will get even more of these in india....

Hey, in no way do I want to pull you from driving whatever car you want to drive or dictate to you what you should drive. Drive whatever kind of car you want to drive.

The Eco Enthusiast and Motorhead both have passion for cars. It's just that the Eco Enthusiast passion is focused on a different newly emerged aspect of motoring that is different from previous types of car enthusiasts. I wouldn't have been able to battle people for the past year in this forum like I have if I didn't have passion for green motoring.

And yeah, it'll be a while before there will be Eco Enthusiasts and an eco-enthusiasm mindset in SL, and that's OK. Hybrids and green technology vehicles have been in the major markets for over 10 years and it took some time for there to be Eco Enthusiasts in those markets too.

And no one is going to force you to drive a hybrid or some other green car in our lifetimes......I'm certain........the normal internal combustion engine will be with us for a long time more....

Edited by Californikan

No, I posted the picture because the 3 of you's argument is so retarded, I just got tired of it.

Saying people who pay 50-100% tax are cheap and cheapskates is just retarded, man. Especially when set against the tax concessions in the rest of the world - Japan, Europe, North America, China etc.

Calli,

At any part of your life were you in the US? So now you have a user name of Calliforni, as if you were living in California before you were depoted back to Sri Lanka?

I never said anything about Porsche buyers buying their cars to save the environment or to be pioneers or anything like that. That is your delusion.

You are the dumbass who asserted that Sri Lankans who pay 50%-100% tax on their cars are cheapskates. I pulled the U.S. tax numbers to demonstrate the FACT that people in mature markets pay far far far less in taxes on their cars than Sri Lankans do. Which confirms that your assertion about Sri Lankans is completely idiotic.

WTF does U.S tax and SL have to do here ?

So are you saying that cause we pay more on tax here they didnt buy hybrids for the obvious reasons i stated before ?

What you dont seem to understand is tax is not something optional, you cant compare one country's tax with another.

The amount a person pays in tax can only be compared to another citizen of the same country, you trying to compare the tax on cars in Sl with that of U.S is whats "idiotic"

Again not relevant, fact is the majority of people who bought hybrids in SL wouldn't have bought them if they had equal tax on them compared to a conventional automobile !

most of us like whores even if they are expensive, some like trans bcoz they got the same looks and less expensive + instead of two holes they got one hole and a pole :D i dont see a reason to argue about it :speechless-smiley-019:

So are you saying that cause we pay more on tax here they didnt buy hybrids for the obvious reasons i stated before ?

What you dont seem to understand is tax is not something optional, you cant compare one country's tax with another.

The amount a person pays in tax can only be compared to another citizen of the same country, you trying to compare the tax on cars in Sl with that of U.S is whats "idiotic"

Again not relevant, fact is the majority of people who bought hybrids in SL wouldn't have bought them if they had equal tax on them compared to a conventional automobile !

this is true cali.. u cant argue with logic.. if the axio goes down quite relatively to the hybrids,. i bet more people will still but the axio... because its a corolla..

Glad you've changed your tune and think the high caliber people in SL should be able to own Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bently, Rolls etc instead of ordinary Porsche's. Guess what? We're going to have to lower taxes to make that happen.

Cali, would you stop talking about shit you don't know and go away. For one thing, the only one of those marquees that doesn't have an example owned by a Sri Lankan is Pagani.

But of course you keep talking about things you don't know. Like alloy wheels.

Chaps stop feeding this troll.

And Charitha, stop swearing before you get an official warning. I have my limits.

• Like 1

on a sidenote... the car that drove on the wrong side of the road and hit a navy double cab on the dehiwala flyover was apparently a prius. car caught fire and burnt down completely.

Ah, was wondering what that mess was. Weird, it was almost all the way down the Colombo end. Dude musta been sleeping or summing to not see another vehicle approaching and not take evasive action.

Ah, was wondering what that mess was. Weird, it was almost all the way down the Colombo end. Dude musta been sleeping or summing to not see another vehicle approaching and not take evasive action.

Like Rover said it was actually an Allion. considering the reputation and douchebaggary that goes with allion drivers these days I'm sure it was a case of I shalt not be moved.

Cali, would you stop talking about shit you don't know and go away. For one thing, the only one of those marquees that doesn't have an example owned by a Sri Lankan is Pagani.

And Charitha, stop swearing before you get an official warning. I have my limits.

point noted..

-- A Sri Lankan buys a $50,000 car and has to pay 100% tax on the car. How much is his tax?

-- A person in a major market buys the exact same $50,000 car and has to pay 5% tax on the car. How much is his tax?

Who pays the higher tax rate? Who paid more in taxes on his car?

(You don't have to answer me cause the answer is obvious.)

this is true cali.. u cant argue with logic.. if the axio goes down quite relatively to the hybrids,. i bet more people will still but the axio... because its a corolla..

Stig is now arguing about something very different now from his previous "Sri Lankans who pay 38-100% tax on their cars are cheapskates." argument.

But, yes, I totally agree with you, tax concessions and reduced prices on anything increase sales. This is true worldwide.If the govt lowered taxes on Axio it would outsell hybrids. If the govt lowered taxes on Porsche to 1% and people could buy a new Porsche for Rs 6 million, then of course Porsche sales would skyrocket.

Then would you please :

1a) Stop misrepresenting and twisting what I write.

1b) Stop trolling me with your misinformation.

Read my sentence again. I never said Sri Lankans don't own Ferrari's Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bentley, Rolls etc. That is your misrepresentation. I said lower taxes will allow some Sri Lankans to buy Ferrari's Lamborghinis, McLarens, Pagani, Bentley, Rolls instead of Porsches.

PS. I have acknowledged my wheel error many times. It would nice for you to acknowledge your errors. For over a year now you have been saying that Sri Lankans who pay 38-100% tax on their vehicles are cheapskates. Just recently you called Rover a "selfish bugger" and "cheap" because he paid 38% tax on his car, when all the while hundreds of millions of people in other markets pay a fraction of that in tax on their vehicles, and some pay 0% tax. Just saying.

Thank you very much. (and no need to tr*ll me with a response). Thank you.

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 1

-- A Sri Lankan buys a $50,000 car and has to pay 100% tax on the car. How much is his tax?

-- A person in a major market buys the exact same $50,000 car and has to pay 5% tax on the car. How much is his tax?

again the problem is not that.. as we all know whether u buy an axio or a Porsche the taxes we pay are much higher than any other country.. the story here is that the true enthusiast bought the Porsche even when it was at 300 % tax... now most people who buy it is because of the tax break on the hybrids and they are not the real Porsche enthusiast, get it.. therefore, in your eyes he might not be a cheapskate as he still pays much higher than the Canadian or the American.. but to us he is not the real deal.. because if he was he would have spent the 300% tax and bought the car regardless.

again the problem is not that.. as we all know whether u buy an axio or a Porsche the taxes we pay are much higher than any other country.. the story here is that the true enthusiast bought the Porsche even when it was at 300 % tax... now most people who buy it is because of the tax break on the hybrids and they are not the real Porsche enthusiast, get it.. therefore, in your eyes he might not be a cheapskate as he still pays much higher than the Canadian or the American.. but to us he is not the real deal.. because if he was he would have spent the 300% tax and bought the car regardless.

Thats a pretty idiotic statement. According to you only the rich can be car enthusiasts.

Edited by rover
  • Like 2

Oh geez!!! Charitha19 and Californikan - Do everyone here a big favor and just piss off :sport-smiley-027:

• Like 2

Again thats pretty stupid even by your standards, like i said you cant compare a tax payer of one country with that of another country.

Yes the Sri Lankan paid more on the tax but that doesn't mean anything cause like i said before tax is not optional, i.e they went for the cheaper option. If the hybrids had more tax on them compared to the conventional model no one would buy it in the first place. Let me dumb it down for you a little, if the Panamera hybrid had a 100% tax on it and the petrol version had only 30% which one do you think people would buy ? But in reality the roles are reversed so they went for the one with less tax, kapish ?

Face it cally you are loosing it as of late with your "koheda yanne malle pol" answers, not that you had any credibility in the first place anyway.

Anyway dont bother replying i dont have time for this BS right now, you keep trolling my good man :)

Does anyone care? (Other than Cali)

Then would you please :

1a) Stop misrepresenting and twisting what I write.

1b) Stop trolling me with your misinformation.

Easily accomplished. Go away from autolanka and troll somewhere else. And before you say something utterly stupid like asking me to go away, thats not happening, I'm the mod here, so it has to be you.

You will not be missed.

• Like 5