• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Hybrids - How Is The Fuel Consumption For City Running

svf

Question

help the fellow out... why is there such hatred against Hybrids... a lot of people in Sri Lanka don't know about hybrids and they are scared to purchace them, and thats why there are so many topics on it.. if you don't no the answer just skip without insulting people, who may have less knowlege about hybrids or may not know how to use this forum in the first place... many here think they know so much about cars, and they miss the point that people come here to learn what they don't know and tell what they do know... sadly for those people, there arn't many forums in Sri Lanka therefore they either end up here and get insulted or find some international forumes where they are most welcome...

• Like 2

help the fellow out... why is there such hatred against Hybrids... a lot of people in Sri Lanka don't know about hybrids and they are scared to purchace them, and thats why there are so many topics on it.. if you don't no the answer just skip without insulting people, who may have less knowlege about hybrids or may not know how to use this forum in the first place... many here think they know so much about cars, and they miss the point that people come here to learn what they don't know and tell what they do know... sadly for those people, there arn't many forums in Sri Lanka therefore they either end up here and get insulted or find some international forumes where they are most welcome...

now now dont get all ratlled and PMS on us... its just a hybrid will give u more milleage than any gasoline car.. we just dont understand why you will need to know the consumption of a hybrid.. something like is its cofmortable.. or is it stable.. or is the parts duable is a valid question i guess.. but ohhhh wonder how much my hybrid does... it does enough man..... <_<

:music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019::music-smiley-019:

help the fellow out... why is there such hatred against Hybrids... yada yada yada yada.....

We are helping, we're keeping the thread alive until the so called tree huggers and hybrid lovers get here. :)

If you feel more welcome in these international forums, why are you here, instead of there? Ain't no one here stopping you from being there.

Besides, hybrids come with all kinds of engines, so clarifying which would have been useful. Not to mention another hero tried starting this same kinda thread, only to disappear.

• Like 1

@SVF - Search the forum for 'Hybrid'; you will get couple of posts which people have already spoke about this matter.

I dont feel it is an insult because, SVF might not known ther are threads already in AL about what he is looking at; but for the people who already in touch (on this forum 24/7 hehe :D ) will have seen this type of questions for thousand times. So, better think twise before a post. so then No insult, no heart feelings etc.

Peace! :alc:

If you feel more welcome in these international forums, why are you here, instead of there? Ain't no one here stopping you from being there.

Besides, hybrids come with all kinds of engines, so clarifying which would have been useful. Not to mention another hero tried starting this same kinda thread, only to disappear.

Its same as migrating to a different country saying there is too many problems in the home country... but for me, I like to stay in my home country and try to make it a better place...

• Like 1

@SVF - Search the forum for 'Hybrid'; you will get couple of posts which people have already spoke about this matter.

I dont feel it is an insult because, SVF might not known ther are threads already in AL about what he is looking at; but for the people who already in touch (on this forum 24/7 hehe :D ) will have seen this type of questions for thousand times. So, better think twise before a post. so then No insult, no heart feelings etc.

Peace! :alc:

Agree with you, but we are be better off directing him there isn't it.. More members there are, better the forum gets...

Its same as migrating to a different country saying there is too many problems in the home country... but for me, I like to stay in my home country and try to make it a better place...

pleeeeeseee... we get a lot of thie patriots lately... where were u when thousands were dying..

now now dont get all ratlled and PMS on us... its just a hybrid will give u more milleage than any gasoline car.. we just dont understand why you will need to know the consumption of a hybrid.. something like is its cofmortable.. or is it stable.. or is the parts duable is a valid question i guess.. but ohhhh wonder how much my hybrid does... it does enough man..... <_<

there are questions, Sri Lankan mind set is that the first question they want to know is the fuel consumption... and anything that has got a reputation to do well is regarded as the best vehicle on the market (eg. toyota 121) and people go for . Fuel consumption is not an easy question to answer, I think that the condition of the car, fuel used and more importantly they way you drive it. People say that Honda Insight do 30 kmpl, but last week I drove from brand new like Insight from Colombo to the airport and it only did 14.5 kmpl on normal driving. But I personely do not have any exprience with any other hybrids.

Well, for one thing, you're failing. And for another, I repeat, most of the hate is against outlandish claims, not against hybrids. You need to let go of these childish beliefs you have formed.

And for a third, I took a short drive in an Insight and it showed over 20.

Well, for one thing, you're failing. And for another, I repeat, most of the hate is against outlandish claims, not against hybrids. You need to let go of these childish beliefs you have formed.

And for a third, I took a short drive in an Insight and it showed over 20.

My sister drives an Insight, I have driven it in varios ways and only way that I did get over 20 kmpl was by driving it like there was a kid on my roof... I can prove this to you... but like i said it might be a problem in the car, that I don't know off... but those were the figures that I got..

there are questions, Sri Lankan mind set is that the first question they want to know is the fuel consumption... and anything that has got a reputation to do well is regarded as the best vehicle on the market (eg. toyota 121) and people go for . Fuel consumption is not an easy question to answer, I think that the condition of the car, fuel used and more importantly they way you drive it. People say that Honda Insight do 30 kmpl, but last week I drove from brand new like Insight from Colombo to the airport and it only did 14.5 kmpl on normal driving. But I personely do not have any exprience with any other hybrids.

14 is enough... but not enough for a hybrid...

just to clarify here i shot maself :suicide2: not to insult the poor soul but this is just crazy asking how the Prius does on fuel.

hv nothing against peeps who buy them it not my money, personnel cant afford one n not planning to either :glare: its just too risky and peeps who hv brought them have no clue abt the car just coz the tax went down everyone brought one that's it... period ^_^

now only they think abt the parts and problems associating with owning a hybrid. i met a guy while at a tire shop... he didn't care abt any damn thing he wanted to fit bigger alloys, low profile tires etc just to impress others. (btw he was putting nitrogen on his tires)

didn't know the whole point why certain parts were made in a Prius to reduce drag etc to make it more fuel efficient. after explaining to the poor bloke that this would ruin the whole purpose of buying a hybrid (i mean come on i thought this poor deluded bloke didn't know anything abt it wanted to help him out) only to know he's a stu**d mor*n who was a cheap skate :P

he said if certain stuff stops functioning he has the insurance to claim it.

i mean do the freaking research on the net, try forums, contact the dealer try asking friends abroad etc watch videos wat ever... to get proper understanding of the technology that's new to SL.

asking info here isn't worth it coz all of the Prius owners are new to this car. forget abt the fuel consumption it has to be good... just be sure in a harsh climate like here the car can survive.

i know i know all the cars are depended on electronics...Yes. but USA brought Xbox will not survive in SL... this might have the same situation. your Prius electronics might not be cheap now would it.

any ways this is my thoughts. luv the tech on any car but not stupid questions :P

I'v done my part, but the question is where were u at?

i am sorry but unless u were in the 3 forces.. u didnt do shit.. i didnt do shit.. but i dont claim to be a patriot... i would leave SL if i get a better offer... kapish.....

• Like 1

My sister drives an Insight, I have driven it in varios ways and only way that I did get over 20 kmpl was by driving it like there was a kid on my roof... I can prove this to you... but like i said it might be a problem in the car, that I don't know off... but those were the figures that I got..

ohhh sure yeah.. ur sister drives an insight... yeah ok...

i am sorry but unless u were in the 3 forces.. u didnt do shit.. i didnt do shit.. but i dont claim to be a patriot... i would leave SL if i get a better offer... kapish.....

Thats like calling your self a b*st*rd... hahahahahahaha

Edited by poscher