• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gta 4 Pc Requirements

I remember playing gta4 in an old 2.8 dual core, 1GB RAM and only 256MB ATI Radeon. Performance was average, But awesome game dude. I think your configuration will be enough to play at max graphics settings. btw whats your vga? nVidia 7 series or 8?

i play GTA 4 on my 2.4 intel core 2 quad 2gb ram 8600gt 512 nvidia vga so i think you can play it in your pc with good performance and remember to play it with latest vga driver update it will give you good performance.

btw what is your vga card?

It played smooth on my laptop(i5 2.4,1GB VGA,2GB RAM) at settings around 75%...So I guess yours should be ok too.

lucky you mate.. mines a core i5. 1GB nvidia 320M and 4GB Ram its still not that smooth even with very low settings

but my computer has core 2 duo 3.0GHz, 512 nVidia 9600gt and 8GB Ram and it works better than the laptop. even though it has 8GB ram windows 7 only use 3.9 GB max

your lucky mate

lucky you mate.. mines a core i5. 1GB nvidia 320M and 4GB Ram its still not that smooth even with very low settings

but my computer has core 2 duo 3.0GHz, 512 nVidia 9600gt and 8GB Ram and it works better than the laptop. even though it has 8GB ram windows 7 only use 3.9 GB max

your lucky mate

GTA4 is not that demanding.Maybe the game has a conflict with your laptops VGA or other hardware...Try installing the official patches and see.

GTA4 is not that demanding.Maybe the game has a conflict with your laptops VGA or other hardware...Try installing the official patches and see.

mmm yea... and i also noticed when i lower the screen resolution to 800x600 the performance is way better

your lucky mate

ru using 32bit win 7 on your PC?

thats what i said...an if you try to fix more than 3GB in Win Vista 32Bit your system will crash!

Sorry for going OT,

Fixing more than 3GB on Win Vista 32Bit will NOT crash the system.

My machine came with 4GB ram on Win Vista 32Bit and has been running for 2 years with no crashes. Only it shows around 3.1GB for RAM.

your lucky mate

Machan, I think it because of your VGA cards. Afaik the GeForce 320M doesn't use dedicated video memory it shares memory from the systems Ram. But the nVidia 9600gt uses 512MB GDDR3 dedicated memory, also the GeForce 320M core clock speed is 450Mhz and 9600gt is 650Mhz. imho Modern 3D games heavily rely on the GPU probably more than the CPU.

I remember playing gta4 in an old 2.8 dual core, 1GB RAM and only 256MB ATI Radeon. Performance was average, But awesome game dude. I think your configuration will be enough to play at max graphics settings. btw whats your vga? nVidia 7 series or 8?

geforce gt 220. but im not sure. how can I find it???

Edited by pontiac_gto

geforce gt 220. but im not sure. how can I find it???

ok go to the desktop right click and choose properties and select settings after select settings it show monitor model and vga model.

the other way is click start select run and type dxdiag and select display it will show your vga model.

No machang, it's 4GB. For a 32bit OS it's 2^32 = 4.096GB. To be precise that is! ;)

When talking of computer memory, GB = 2^30, so 4.096GB is nonsense;

4GB is the address space of a 32 bit processor, but there's other stuff that use the address space other than RAM, which is why you can't get 4 GB of usable RAM.