• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Led Vs Lcd Tv's

Eurofan

Could you guys give your feedback on the comparison between LED and LCD tv's pls. I know LED tv's have a better contrast in colours and more energy efficient than LCD's. But are LED's really worth the additional premium over the LED's expecially to watch DVD's (non hd / 3d) we buy for around 200 buchs? I have a choice between a 32inch led or a 42 inch LCD.

Thanks

It actually depends on the brand and the graphics engine as well. For example, a Sony Bravia (there are different specs of the Bravia range as well though) LCD would give you better picture quality than a lesser spec LED from a non reputed brand.

32 and 42 is quite a difference in viewing size, so if it is the same price (and presumably the same brand) I would go for the 42 inch LCD. I would consider where you would keep the TV, 32 inch is actually good for the bedroom (smaller space) not a larger living room.

I'm looking for a bedroom, but being a movie buff, would prefer a larger one. I would prefer not to spend the additional premium on the led unless it makes a significant difference in picture quality for local market DVD's or ps3

Could you guys give your feedback on the comparison between LED and LCD tv's pls. I know LED tv's have a better contrast in colours and more energy efficient than LCD's. But are LED's really worth the additional premium over the LED's expecially to watch DVD's (non hd / 3d) we buy for around 200 buchs? I have a choice between a 32inch led or a 42 inch LCD.

Thanks

Hello,

The So called LED TV also has a LCD. Only the backlighting is different.

LCD TV : Back lighting is a fluorescent lamp (tube light)

LED-LCD TV (LED TV): Back lighting is LEDs

Real LCD TVs are those massive TVs on cricket grounds.. LED technology has not developed to make home LED TVs. (The LEDs are too big)

Advantages of LED is less power consumption and brighter colours and last longer than cathode tube LCDs.

Hope this helps..

LED tvs definitely gives a better picture. Its leading the market at the moment. People in the west are ditching LCDs for LEDs. If you are watching non HD movies however won't make much of a difference. To get the best out of new televisions you ned to watch HD.

If the choice is between 32' LED and 42" LCD I would buy LCD hands down.

the viewing angles differ from lcd to led.

i have been using a 32" LCD bravia before,and since it was mounted in the middle of wall,sometimes i find it hard to watch from the right and left corners(the color changes into a purplish RBG mixed-up shade)

currently im having a 40" LED bravia ex52,i never encounter that problem anymore!can view from any angle!

and the LEDs outcomes are more sharp,smooth and crisp.you get better colour clarity.