• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1969 Ford Mustang Conversion

Capt.CJ

there are a few 2 door capris...a friend of mine is in the process of restoring it these days. to original capri looks though

i doubt there is a chassis available in sl to do a proper 69 conversion.

besides, chassis aint everything. the looks of the 69 mustang has a lot to do with it's body work.

saw sometime back a bloke attempting a mustang conversion on an older corolla.

to me it wasn't anything like a mustang but some folks thought it was an ok job.

You must be reffering to that black corrola right ?

yep :)

i too am a big fan of the 69 429 boss mustang.

tough lines to duplicate especially since there isn't a sample car to copy off from.

only way is to get a very good scale model car. like a 1:18 autoart model.

Edited by Ripper

tough lines to duplicate especially since there isn't a sample car to copy off from.

There is a guy who might be able to do the body work...but as u said he too uses the model cars to get the thing done

But still when it comes to things like windshields, you can exactly hammer them into the shape you want, so it wont be as easy as a lancer->evo conversion. IMO best is to stay away from the project i guess.

• Like 1

I'm curious...might be OT but would you be able to register a kit car if you brought here and built it up? Not sure about the taxes and what not but a kit should cost about 15k USD.

I dont think u can register a KIT car... the person i was talking about builds kit cars here & sends them to other countries.... earlier he didnt sell any in the island due to this registration problem

But still when it comes to things like windshields, you can exactly hammer them into the shape you want, so it wont be as easy as a lancer->evo conversion. IMO best is to stay away from the project i guess.

well if you really want it that bad...getting a windshield down shouldn't be the reason to stop you imho :D

say...pradfred hand carried two racing tires for his cibbie cos he couldn't find them here.

MRM got down a dash from the UK for his mini.

It depends on how far you're willing to go.

Also...MD was talking about a place in SL that "makes" windshields :)

Boss fan myself. Today was reading off a car mag about the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

interesting....never heard of that until now.

thanks for the heads up ... :)