• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Rpm Problem Pls Help...

hefraz

Question

I seem to be having a queer problem and I hope someone would be able to shed some light on it.

I own a Toyota Carina and the rpm dies as soon as the engine is started, I have to then start the engine and accelarate really hard for awhile and then everything is back to normal..no more problems

I mechanic is unable to help me on this.. pls help!!

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

I seem to be having a queer problem and I hope someone would be able to shed some light on it.

I own a Toyota Carina and the rpm dies as soon as the engine is started, I have to then start the engine and accelarate really hard for awhile and then everything is back to normal..no more problems

Thanks in advance

Intake or sensor problem? (un)sparky spark plugs? Filter probs? Could be any number of things really, by RPM dies you mean the engine stalls right?

Intake or sensor problem? (un)sparky spark plugs? Filter probs? Could be any number of things really, by RPM dies you mean the engine stalls right?

Yes the engine stalls, but once I manage to rev for a while it goes back to normal...

maintain the car pretty well and the sparks and filters etc are all in excellent cond.. I feel it could be the sensors. Must get a check up from Toyota Lanka.

Yes the engine stalls, but once I manage to rev for a while it goes back to normal...

maintain the car pretty well and the sparks and filters etc are all in excellent cond.. I feel it could be the sensors. Must get a check up from Toyota Lanka.

Dirty TB's/clogged injectors/unbranded or faulty fuel filter.. I think its the TB's though. you may wanna check you engine's timing as well.

it could also be the idle controller, if cleaning the injectors does not work, maybe running a diagnostic might help,

the problem with modern cars is they are so dependent on electronics and very few people are actually able to diagnose those problems well, because sometimes even the diagnostic is misleading,

good luck machan,

The Don

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I have this same problem over the last few weeks and a lot of helpful people on this forum gave me advice. This weekend I'm changing my plugs, fuel filters and doing a tuneup because its long overdue. I don't know about Carina's but in my Primera a faulty camshaft sensor caused the rpm to die and I got it replaced last year. Strangely enough last evening I was forced to pump petrol at Ceypetco for the first time in years because our company has an account at IOC so I always pump 95 octane there. This morning my car started beautifully first try, and its the first time this has happened in weeks! And there was a noticeable improvement in the smoothness of the engine. Could be that Ceypetco's quality of fuel is better than IOC.