• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Help Of Idetifying The Problem

Aravinda_2011

Question

Hi Everyone,

I bought a Toyota VIOS 2008 version recently and I am observing a problem in power steering.

First indecent happen while I am trying to park my car it's power steering went off. so I was struggling to get it back turning here and their but once I restarted the engine I got it back.

Next incident happen after 3 weeks time while I am driving in baseline in a night in a huge traffic it again went away. since i had the same experience back i restarted the car again and got it back.

If anyone had this experience please help me to get it resolve, also please suggest a good mechanical expert around Colombo to diagnose this problem.

Regards,

Aravinda

Edited by Aravinda_2011

8 answers to this question

Hi Everyone,

I bought a Toyota VIOS 2008 version recently and I am observing a problem in power steering.

First indecent happen while I am trying to park my car it's power steering went off. so I was struggling to get it back turning here and their but once I restarted the engine I got it back.

Next incident happen after 3 weeks time while I am driving in baseline in a night in a huge traffic it again went away. since i had the same experience back i restarted the car again and got it back.

If anyone had this experience please help me to get it resolve, also please suggest a good mechanical expert around Colombo to diagnose this problem.

Regards,

Aravinda

the first thing you should do is change the oil do a good flush and put the recomended power steering oil and see. i am assuming you have got the nomral hydraluic power steering.

to me it looks like a clog or something that goes away with the restart or the belt is slipping, or the pump is sezing randonmly.

first get the flush and new oil in and run and see. any reputed place should be able to do this for u.. sorry but advertising is against the rules so cant mention places here.

the first thing you should do is change the oil do a good flush and put the recomended power steering oil and see. i am assuming you have got the nomral hydraluic power steering.

to me it looks like a clog or something that goes away with the restart or the belt is slipping, or the pump is sezing randonmly.

first get the flush and new oil in and run and see. any reputed place should be able to do this for u.. sorry but advertising is against the rules so cant mention places here.

Thanks for the advice. Seems its a Electric power steering. Do you know how I can get resolve in such scenario?

Edited by Aravinda_2011

i think your car has EPS. since the problem is on and off...quite possibly it's an electrical issue.

Get it checked from a good garage.

Since the car is a common one and EPS issues too aren't that uncommon, it shouldn't be a big issue.

I wouldn't think it is an EPS fuse, because when a fuse goes the system stops period. It doesn't come back. It maybe the sensors responsible for observing steering wheel movement. I think the problem would be the fact it is an intermittent problem, so even plugging it to a diagnostic system won't reveal the error straight away. Perhaps it might still be worthwhile taking it to Toyota Lanka and getting it checked. Sometimes those chaps have some insight into electronic issues that most other people are aware of.

Recently my AC guy got a new Land Cruiser with an AC fault. The evaporator freezes over with no reason (the vehicle has climate controlled air conditioning). And after inspecting all the wiring he could not figure out the problem. It seems that the climate control system was retro fitted to the vehicle and while all the connectors fitted in, and though the wire colours matched, a certain two wires were connected the wrong way round (they had the same colours). Hence the issues. Only the Toyota Lanka techs picked this up.

I wouldn't think it is an EPS fuse, because when a fuse goes the system stops period. It doesn't come back. It maybe the sensors responsible for observing steering wheel movement. I think the problem would be the fact it is an intermittent problem, so even plugging it to a diagnostic system won't reveal the error straight away. Perhaps it might still be worthwhile taking it to Toyota Lanka and getting it checked. Sometimes those chaps have some insight into electronic issues that most other people are aware of.

Recently my AC guy got a new Land Cruiser with an AC fault. The evaporator freezes over with no reason (the vehicle has climate controlled air conditioning). And after inspecting all the wiring he could not figure out the problem. It seems that the climate control system was retro fitted to the vehicle and while all the connectors fitted in, and though the wire colours matched, a certain two wires were connected the wrong way round (they had the same colours). Hence the issues. Only the Toyota Lanka techs picked this up.

Thanks Everyone for valuable information. I will have a checkup through Toyota Lanka. But again I check with them and they don't have appointments till 12th or 13th. So I need to wait till that date. Please let me know if anyone knows any other place I can get this check before that.