• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Calvary Supercross 2011

virensti

Hello all, back to gravel events before sevanagala, Today was qualifying with the grid orders below

Qualifying results for SLH 1600

1. Ashan Silva

2. Pasindu Pieris

3. Janaka Dias

4. Ishraq Wahab

5. Upulawan Serasinghe

6. Sajaad Zuhair

7. Nishan Wasalathanthi

8. Nalin Perera

9. Rizvi Farook

10. Sanjaya Senarath

11. Tharindu Lokuge

Qualifying results for SLGT

1. Dinesh Deheragoda

2. Aravinda .P

3. Pasindu Peiris

4. Reyaz Farook

5. Rizvi Farook

6. Ashan Silva

7. Nalin Perera

8. Janaka Dias

9. Shafraz Junaid

10. Manish .G

11. Shantha Suraweera

I think its been shown on TV channel eye.. (Not sure though)

Battle between AP and DD should be good :D

Edited by virensti

I think its been shown on TV channel eye.. (Not sure though)

Battle between AP and DD should be good :D

this being a rally I doubt there'll be a battle :rolleyes:

Everyone drives their hardest, not just against one driver but everyone in their class

Here are SLGT timings

1. Dinesh D 56.140

2. Aravinda 56.872

3. Pasindu 57.095

4. Reyaz 57.694

5. Rizvi 58.236

6. Ashan 59.132

7. Nalin 59.221

8. Janaka 59.418

9. Shafraz 60.639

10. Manish 60.656

11. Shantha 67.072

MINIACE

Things looking pretty good so far. Commentators are bad, as usual, but racing has been ok. Haritha seems to think "This is what its all about" should be repeated at random every few minutes.

But its good having channel eye doing it....I think after foxhill & the whole derana fiasco....i dont mind listening to Haritha's rambling haha :alc:

Great battle in SLH1600 too bad it was red flagged

Edited by Chooti Putha

But its good having channel eye doing it....I think after foxhill & the whole derana fiasco....i dont mind listening to Haritha's rambling haha :alc:

Great battle in SLH1600 too bad it was red flagged

Damn, missed 1600 coz I had some errands. I'm pretty impressed with the production. Camera work is pretty good. Highlights package is good. The live coverage can be better, they just concentrate on the lonely leaders even when battles are going on down the order. And commentary. But overall, a solid good grade. No gaffes like missing coverage to put adverts.

Damn, missed 1600 coz I had some errands. I'm pretty impressed with the production. Camera work is pretty good. Highlights package is good. The live coverage can be better, they just concentrate on the lonely leaders even when battles are going on down the order. And commentary. But overall, a solid good grade. No gaffes like missing coverage to put adverts.

peri u missed out on some great action...there was a nice battle going on between pasindu & ashan...untill Upulwan & Ishraq toppled causing a red flag & the end of the race....

agreed with u on the tv coverage they r doing a good job compared to the telecast of foxhill done by derana.... but as u said they need to focus on the battles more...rather than just pointing at the leader

this being a rally I doubt there'll be a battle :rolleyes:

Everyone drives their hardest, not just against one driver but everyone in their class

sorry mate, should've made it clearer, its a supercross, gravel circuit (mass start) event :)

Edited by virensti

peri u missed out on some great action...there was a nice battle going on between pasindu & ashan...untill Upulwan & Ishraq toppled causing a red flag & the end of the race....

agreed with u on the tv coverage they r doing a good job compared to the telecast of foxhill done by derana.... but as u said they need to focus on the battles more...rather than just pointing at the leader

damn I also missed the 1600 :( are they having 2 races mate? I only was able to watch SL-GT race 1, DD had abit of initial pressure from AP but after that he just got into a league of his own :) wonder what happened to AP though, he didn't finish. :unsure: and any idea what happened to SL-GT race 2? (unless its not happened yet)

man this is far better than foxhill and is MUCH better than the pannala coverage.. :rolleyes:

damn I also missed the 1600 :( are they having 2 races mate? I only was able to watch SL-GT race 1, DD had abit of initial pressure from AP but after that he just got into a league of his own :) wonder what happened to AP though, he didn't finish. :unsure: and any idea what happened to SL-GT race 2? (unless its not happened yet)

man this is far better than foxhill and is MUCH better than the pannala coverage.. :rolleyes:

Race 2 in SLGT & SLH1600 is yet to happen...they r having both races at the end i think

Race 2 in SLGT & SLH1600 is yet to happen...they r having both races at the end i think

ah ok thanks :) Shame about Gayan Sanduruwan, he would've given suzuki a good run, but he's making a super comeback

ah ok thanks :) Shame about Gayan Sanduruwan, he would've given suzuki a good run, but he's making a super comeback

Ya he gave a super run :alc: too bad his bike stalled...i guess he is going through a bad streak

Another goodone by haritha "Thank u & weldone" this is what he said when tomoya suzuka crossed the finish line :alc:

Ya he gave a super run :alc: too bad his bike stalled...i guess he is going through a bad streak

Another goodone by haritha "Thank u & weldone" this is what he said when tomoya suzuka crossed the finish line :alc:

lmao! He's a classic! Thank heavens for Mahen Madugalle!

Pasindu's on fire, lets see what Ashan can do, though he seems to be over doing it abit.

Edited by virensti

Too bad for pasindu it was just bad luck for him

true, on the last lap as well. must be a terrible feeling..

haha, the question that haritha asked Mahen, "have you raced in these circumstances?" :lol:

3 cheers for Mahen Madugalle! Harith at the start of the race, "we'll also see some accidents," Mahen " No no lets talk about racing" :D

• Like 1

Good try by Aravinda P ;) -- but unfortunate that he overran the bend. But the race was superb -- A.P. was behind Janaka Dias too and had managed to pass him.

The coverage was good -- but they were focussing only on the leader(s) & missed the other action.

Good try by Aravinda P ;) -- but unfortunate that he overran the bend. But the race was superb -- A.P. was behind Janaka Dias too and had managed to pass him.

The coverage was good -- but they were focussing only on the leader(s) & missed the other action.

he started last!!! by the 1st turn he was in 5th I think.. superb drive by him, shame he couldn't slow down at the last corner.

Edited by virensti

Im not too impressed about camera work either. They are more keen on showing the leader than the battles took place behind. Guess they still follow the 60s rule, follow the leader.

Haritha still sucks...that lady joined to make it worse...why cant SLARDAR or Rupavahini cant find better people for the job! Mahen was there to complete an impossible task (with three clowns sitting abreast).

MINIACE