• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Most Economical Car

Nishan.dj

Hello friends,

I have been searching a car that would be the most economical in city limit as well as long distance which might be diesel powered. As few said, Daihatsu Charade would be the better one & also said that it does 20-24Km/L. It was a diesel one. I found in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Charade that it has 2 versions as G30 (passenger car) and G30V (commercial car) and its got 993CC engine.

I still don't know this is the best one and therefore If you have any info regarding that or any other related vehicle please add a reply. Thanks in advance.

The version available in SL is the G30. I think the problem you will have is finding one in good condition. Smaller cars suffered more from deterioration thanks to diesel vibrations and the smaller diesel engines also suffer more wear and tear due to being run in higher rpms. If your budget can stretch to about 1 million you can buy a Nissan Sunny SB 13 (doctor sunny) which people claim to achieve about 16KM/L in city running.

• Like 1

yes daihatsu charade is most economical. I have used two one was G30 patrol and other one is L251 which is the latest model available (patrol and 2006). I have monitored its fuel consumption for all the years and works 14-17 km per liter in colombo city traffic. it works 18-21 km per liter in outstation. these are proven milages. i checked UK gvt fuel efficiency website in 2006 and it (L251 1000cc car) was ranked very very high there too. among the models highly ranked in UK website that was the best fuel efficient car available in SL at that time.i still have the printouts of the web.

yes daihatsu charade is most economical. I have used two one was G30 patrol and other one is L251 which is the latest model available (patrol and 2006). I have monitored its fuel consumption for all the years and works 14-17 km per liter in colombo city traffic. it works 18-21 km per liter in outstation. these are proven milages. i checked UK gvt fuel efficiency website in 2006 and it (L251 1000cc car) was ranked very very high there too. among the models highly ranked in UK website that was the best fuel efficient car available in SL at that time.i still have the printouts of the web.

I think you can buy the L251 brand new as the Perouda Viva Elite :)

Thanks dincha for the information. So you used a patrol version of it don't you? How about diesel ones? Any idea?

The version available in SL is the G30. I think the problem you will have is finding one in good condition. Smaller cars suffered more from deterioration thanks to diesel vibrations and the smaller diesel engines also suffer more wear and tear due to being run in higher rpms. If your budget can stretch to about 1 million you can buy a Nissan Sunny SB 13 (doctor sunny) which people claim to achieve about 16KM/L in city running.

yes the CD17 engine on the doctor sunny does good on fuel but it has a lot of engine issues

but it is malaysian and not of that original japanese quality

Utter Bullshit. The viva uses mostly Japanese components in its build and is constructed just as well as the Daihatsu.

Its stupid prejudice like this that keeps most idiots in SL stuck in the same retarded car buying loop of "Toyota or nothing".

• Like 1

You're a little behind on things. Search the forums and see the things people say about this car. Also I think Motormag reviewed it recently in a SL context?

Edited by Pericles

Well if you look at Perouda's of late, I am sure you will disagree. They have held up really well in Sri Lankan conditions and a lot of bits of that car including the auto box is straight out of Daihatsu.

yes the CD17 engine on the doctor sunny does good on fuel but it has a lot of engine issues

Compared to the 2C maybe, but in general what I've heard about the engine is quite positive. Mind you, these cars did a lot of miles so you will find issues with all diesel cars of this generation.

• Like 1