• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Concept Homes

techlove

Alright,This is totally out of automotive but hope someone would be interested to talk back.

I am going to biuld a new house ,it's not going to fall in any local/traditional or not even common modern housing desighns what we usually see.

It's not going to be a manssion or a castle like big house either,I am thinking about a mid size, middle class,two storey house but with totally different looks and features.

So Iam concept crazy!

Some might call my taste as modern housing,but the so called modern houses in SL are too complecated and too bulky for me.

" Concept house desighns " may sound luxury but according to my thinking and calculations,it shouldn't be as expensive as building a regular modern house what we see today.

Note that Iam not any related to any kind of architecture or construction trade,so some one correct me if I am wrong.

I found some local links ,they lead me to nowhere,and I called one place advertised on ##### some time ago,said they are located on Mt.Lavinia I did not visit them yet.

Now, are there any dedicated,expierienced archi's doing concept houses in SL?

Is it considerde "luxury"? so, do they charge more than on regular projects?

if I manage to get the planning done,can I give it to any regular constructer to do the building,? Or is it kinda "ask for a mess?"

So if you already have a concept house or if any one interested about building one,if you have any good/bad expieriences on that,If you know any pro's I can get the thing done,I'd like to hear from you.

Thanx.

• Like 1

Dude have you heard of the book the timeless way of building?

It is by christopher alexander and could be something that you need to get your hands on. I myself haven't seen or read the book. When I am going to build a house I am going to get a copy from somewhere.

Google around for a bit and you can get more info about this. Hope this helps.

anything out of the oridinary will most likely to have additional costs imho.

our builders are used to doing certain things so the moment you go out of their routine stuff...charges get higher. and also sometimes the expertise neeeded will be more pricey.

unless you know the field or have somebody close to guide you through...this will be a lot tougher and more pricey the way i see it.

• Like 2

A friend of mine built his house recently. It's somewhat conceptual and definitely modern. Built on about 10 perches of land but still designed well enough to be quite roomy and airy, along with a small garden and garage. I don't know how much the architect charged, but my friend is quite happy with his work and I must say the house is very nice.

It's best if you can get a contractor you know well, or trust. Building a house is not an easy task and if you don't get a competent crew you will end up with a whole lotta headaches afterwards. Even if they are more expensive, try to get a good bunch. It's worth it, believe me.

• Like 1

Dude have you heard of the book the timeless way of building?

It is by christopher alexander and could be something that you need to get your hands on. I myself haven't seen or read the book. When I am going to build a house I am going to get a copy from somewhere.

Google around for a bit and you can get more info about this. Hope this helps.

I searched about the book and it's available on Amazon USA with top reader reviews and from $29.95. E Bay USA has it @$31.65 exclude shipping though.

I might buy one after reading some more about it and let you know if it is worth.

Edited by techlove

A friend of mine built his house recently. It's somewhat conceptual and definitely modern. Built on about 10 perches of land but still designed well enough to be quite roomy and airy, along with a small garden and garage. I don't know how much the architect charged, but my friend is quite happy with his work and I must say the house is very nice.

It's best if you can get a contractor you know well, or trust. Building a house is not an easy task and if you don't get a competent crew you will end up with a whole lotta headaches afterwards. Even if they are more expensive, try to get a good bunch. It's worth it, believe me.

Do you think your friend will like to pass me some contact info of his architecture?

Edited by techlove

Or get a good company like ICC. I have seen ther housing projects and they are fantastic. They also use modern things like SBS slabs etc. Very expensive though. Bear in mind building a house is going to be your worse nightmare and it is going cost your life.

Or get a good company like ICC. I have seen ther housing projects and they are fantastic. They also use modern things like SBS slabs etc. Very expensive though. Bear in mind building a house is going to be your worse nightmare and it is going cost your life.

Jesus Christ man, don't be so melodramatic.