• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

12V Portable Car Washer

asanka424

Any one seen/ used a 12v portable car washer?

If you mean a high-pressure gun, I don't think there's anything that runs on a 12v current. Those water pumps draw a fair bit of electricity/power which cant quite be provided through a 12v battery.

If you mean a high-pressure gun, I don't think there's anything that runs on a 12v current. Those water pumps draw a fair bit of electricity/power which cant quite be provided through a 12v battery.

yes I don't think high-pressure can achieve from 12v battery.

You mean to say 12V windscreen washers ??? action-smiley-060.gif

Just kidding matewink.gif

Agree with others ,never heard of a good brand and found no users so far.Better not waste money on experimental products.You can buy a decent Chinese 230V one for just above 7K.

MINIACE

'asanka424',

I had a DC 12 Volts pressure pump USA made with 25 PSI it draws 25 Amps. Have to start the Vehicle engine and keep running when the pump is in operation this was in USA fitted to a service Vehicle in the Laboratory where we demonstrate. To clean the repair section of the vehicle.

I don't think you can get them in Srilanka. You cannot do any heavy work like 230 volts industrial pressure washer cannot operate more than ten minutes there is a thermal cut off when it get heated for the safety of the motor Armature winding.

Two years ago I fabricated a pressure pump head to a Japanese Lorry back hydrological lift gate DC 24 Volts motor that motor was like a Starter motor Cost of that was motor Rs.10000.00 used pump head Rs 7500.00 labor charges I charged Rs 20000.00. all parts were bought in Homagama Road side old spare part shop.

There are pumps which are used for solar panels which will run on 12 battery power for 24 hours continuously very low out put I have used one of them Japanese made bought in japan with the 12 Volts solar panel 8 amps if I remember that make was Tsurumi in my land out of Colombo completely seal type before I got national grid power to that land 20 years ago.I think they are available in Srilanka who deal with Solar systems.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.