• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help - Honda City, March Beetle, Vitz Or Suzuki Chevrolet

CK2

hi,

i need some help to choosing a car.

These are my req,

Max Budget - 18 lks

Year - 2002+

Good fuel consumption

Auto or Manual

Sedan or Hatchback (Not Wagons)

Should Japanese Brand

Fairly good quick resale ability

I found these cars

Honda City - 2001 17 lks

Honda City - 2001 Reconditioned / 18 lks

March Beetle - 2003 Brand new/16.35 lks

March Beetle - 2004 Reconditioned / 17.25 lks

suzuki chevrolet - 2004/2007(Reg) / 18.25 lks

Suzuki Swift(Jap) - 2003 / 17.5 lks

Anyway this figures are from my initial weekend car search and didnt decide the model yet.

really appreciate if you guys give me some comparison of these cars and also New suggestions are warmly welcome.

thanks in advance

For jour budget better try to find mazda bj5p, 323 or honda civic ek3 vtec model auto car. march beetle is a nice car but maintenance is very expensive and very difficult to sell. honda city is not japanese.

From the list you have mentioned, go for suzuki swift (jap)..that's the only smart choice according to your list..even chevrolet cruise also a good option..the rest I don't see a good reason to buy..

For jour budget better try to find mazda bj5p, 323 or honda civic ek3 vtec model auto car. march beetle is a nice car but maintenance is very expensive and very difficult to sell. honda city is not japanese.

The maintainance is not expensive,

it's almost zero maintainance compared to some other cars (only oil and filers).

But the expense is when u go to fill it up

Don't expect anything more than 12-13kmpl

Here are my thoughts about your choices:

Honda City - 2001 17 lks

Honda City - 2001 Reconditioned / 18 lks

Pretty good on fuel, if the car is in good condition. Many of the Citys I've seen are hacked beyond recovery. Check the car thoroughly before u buy. Engine mounts, airflow sensor tends to give trouble. Parts are kinda on the expensive side. City tends to age quicker than other cars of the same year and tend to give more trouble, if not looked after. 18 or 17 is not a reasonable price IMHO

March Beetle - 2003 Brand new/16.35 lks

March Beetle - 2004 Reconditioned / 17.25 lks

Bloody awful on petrol. But one good point about the March is it keeps running and running and running. Very reliable car. March beetle interior tends to lose its condition very fast. Check the interior and the usual stuff. 16.35 is a fairly reasonable price to start negotiating.

Cruze is my choice out of this whole lot. Simply because I own one. Cruze comes with climate control, retractable mirrors and many fancy options. If the car has original alloywheels with low profile tyres, original seat set with the chevy logo, center antenna (2004 is center antenna model), then 18.25 seems to be a good price. Try to negotiate!

Both Swift and Cruze are virtually the same car inside but Cruze is much nicer looking and usually has more options.

Known issues with both cars are the suspension mounts which notoriously give trouble once in a while. Apart from that, CV joints, rack ends, bushes and the other consumables are less durable than the March.

:D :D :D it's my current ride..

anyway this is for my dad,

these cars are all so in your budget range mitsubishi lancer cedia,toyota vitz,nissan sunny n16. :)

:D :D :D it's my current ride..

anyway this is for my dad,

lol according to that.. i would go for a Swift or a Chevrolet Cruze

but also i think you can find a Lancer CS1 too :D think about it..

lol according to that.. i would go for a Swift or a Chevrolet Cruze

but also i think you can find a Lancer CS1 too :D think about it..

yes.. i found several CS1s price around 16.5 - 18 lks..

is anyone know the difference of these two, they say both are CS1.. :blink:

2001_Used_Cars_MITSUBISHI_LANCER_Sedia_MX_E_Sedan_124_000km_CS2A_.jpg

&

21499634.jpg

yes.. i found several CS1s price around 16.5 - 18 lks..

is anyone know the difference of these two, they say both are CS1.. :blink:

yeap.. this is first and second generation CS1's

the first pic

first generation, came from 2000 - 2003

the second pic

21499634.jpg

Second Generation (major face lifted), came from 2003 to 2007

the years might be wrong, but its pretty much like that.

:)

yeap.. this is first and second generation CS1's

the first pic

first generation, came from 2000 - 2003

the second pic

21499634.jpg

Second Generation (major face lifted), came from 2003 to 2007

the years might be wrong, but its pretty much like that.

:)

Second gen CS1's are more expensive right? I have seen some around 2mn. Though that car looks great, doesn't the CS1 feels a little bit under powered?

Second gen CS1's are more expensive right? I have seen some around 2mn. Though that car looks great, doesn't the CS1 feels a little bit under powered?

yeap it is a bit expensive, because the car is new.

overall its a good family car the both versions...

iam a bit biased about Lancers though..

Cruze is my choice out of this whole lot. Simply because I own one. Cruze comes with climate control, retractable mirrors and many fancy options. If the car has original alloywheels with low profile tyres, original seat set with the chevy logo, center antenna (2004 is center antenna model), then 18.25 seems to be a good price. Try to negotiate!

Both Swift and Cruze are virtually the same car inside but Cruze is much nicer looking and usually has more options.

Known issues with both cars are the suspension mounts which notoriously give trouble once in a while. Apart from that, CV joints, rack ends, bushes and the other consumables are less durable than the March.

On the Swift HT51S, the high mounted rear brake lights cover tend to get melted probably due to the heat of the bulb, I have seen this on lot of swifts.

I dont know why there is such a demand for the center antenna model. Same year (2003) Swift side antenna model has ABS and retractable mirrors, but the center antenna model does not. IMHO ABS is more important than a damn antenna. :D or am I missing something here?? I guess ABS and retractable mirrors are standard for the cruze as well as climate control ac, steering adjust and other fancy stuff. correct me if Im wrong. Cruze looks better than the swift in every way but how is the body parts availability?

hi...,

i found a 2001(2002 reg) Lancer CS1 (Full Option/Brand new) car for 17lks, is it worth for that price..?

Machan there was a old shell CS1 priced at 14.65mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52142 dont know if its some kind of a mistake. :unsure:

another old shell CS1 was advertised at 17.30mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52074

and a CS2 was advertised at 18.80mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52021

So if yours in good condition i think its worth.

Machan there was a old shell CS1 priced at 14.65mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52142 dont know if its some kind of a mistake. :unsure:

another old shell CS1 was advertised at 17.30mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52074

and a CS2 was advertised at 18.80mn http://autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=52021

So if yours in good condition i think its worth.

thanks machan.., i saw those ads too and both r gone.., anyway i decide to buy it for 17, its in very gud condition and looks like owner maintained it really well...

Thank you very much to all AL members for all the help... :D :D :D

thanks machan.., i saw those ads too and both r gone.., anyway i decide to buy it for 17, its in very gud condition and looks like owner maintained it really well...

Thank you very much to all AL members for all the help... :D :D :D

Machan that CS1 for 14.65 was a bargain. But to give away at that price it must have some problems. I remember before the tax hike I saw couple of CS1 facelifts under 1.6mn :blink:

Anyway 1.7mn for a good maintained CS1 is a good deal, try to negotiate more. Good luck on your new purchase mate! :alc: