• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Delayed Delivary

TechHater

hey all,i,ve been planning to buy hyundai tucson for the permit.though i got the permit late since i applied it late :rolleyes: .now the vehicle price has gone up by a good 250k and a delivary date stretching to an year+ since i last chcked 2 months ago.the FOB value had not gone up it seems.the price hike is a gimmik by the agents hyu*d*i La*ka i suppose :angry: .they say the countrie's quota has elapsed.

is there any one else importing the same thng.or any way i can get it down elsewhere.

a freind got a tucson just a couple of days ago. from the agents...he didn't have to wait in the queue cos another chap had cancelled his order and my friend was offered that car.

from what he told me...they are getting a new shipment very soon.

lotsa of things can change in two months so best is to check with the agents again

First problem is, what you get is an import permit. This means YOU are the importer. Hyundai Lanka just acts as your agent. Permit vehicles don't count to Hyundai Lanka (or any agent's) sales numbers. Manufacturers set their production targets based on sales predictions and these sales predictions are based on sales predictions by each country's agent under normal circumstances. Usually predictions are medium-term. All of a sudden when there's a permit issue in Sri Lanka, sales predictions go wayward, because hundreds of individuals like you try to import vehicles directly from the manufacturer. Manufacturers don't like this permit idea because this is outside their sales predictions and they have to deal with the administrative overhead of individuals paying for their vehicles one at a time. Automatically permit vehicles end up getting low priority because of this. Possibly the lowest priority at the manufacturer's end because Sri Lanka is such an insignificant market.

Secondly, when you went to Hyundai with your permit, they would have told you to open an LC for 6 months or 1 year. Those who have at least a vague idea about economics know that this is a big risk.

Believe me, no one... absolutely no one can give a price guarantee for that long for any manufactured product (let alone cars). So prices are bound to change... in other words, change = go up. So you should have had an idea what you are getting in to. Hyundai Lanka is not responsible for this because they are just the middleman. You are the buyer, supplier is the seller and the CIF/FOB is just the estimate. Also according to the permit conditions, supplier is paid on delivery not before production.

These are the reasons for the problems permit holders so commonly face.

If you have opened an LC, you have the option of cancelling the LC (even if it is irrevocable). You need a letter from the supplier (Whoever you opened the LC for) saying that they cant meet the requirements. Hyundai Lanka must help you to do this. Also you will need to pay the cancellation charges to the bank. Try to convince Hyundai Lanka to bear this cost. Then you can open an LC for another supplier. There are small time agents and car sales who can import a 1-year used vehicle on permit from Singapore or somewhere. Alternatively, you can travel to Singapore, pick a car yourself and get it shipped here (u will have to learn the process to do it). Price will more or less remain same but delivery time can vary. There's another risk - during the time gap which you cancel the LC and try to open a new one, if the government cancels the permit scheme then u lost everything.

a freind got a tucson just a couple of days ago. from the agents...he didn't have to wait in the queue cos another chap had cancelled his order and my friend was offered that car.

from what he told me...they are getting a new shipment very soon.

lotsa of things can change in two months so best is to check with the agents again

Machan, are you sure that was for the permit?

Permit cars are not shipped for Hyundai Lanka's name but Mr. XYZ's name and the only way to give that vehicle to Mr ABC is to bond it and ex-bond it, which is an added expense (about 100000 I think) Not sure if Hyundai is doing that.

thanks fellas, i have not yet opened the LC. i also had the fishy feeling of paying such a big amount for a vehicle i get long apart.lot of things can change of course.

i also dont think swapping a cancelled order is possible for a permit.

i thought its the best diesel SUV for my budget.any suggestions?(3500k)

Machan, are you sure that was for the permit?

Permit cars are not shipped for Hyundai Lanka's name but Mr. XYZ's name and the only way to give that vehicle to Mr ABC is to bond it and ex-bond it, which is an added expense (about 100000 I think) Not sure if Hyundai is doing that.

he paid with cash mate. i have no clue as to how this permit thing works :)

thanks fellas, i have not yet opened the LC. i also had the fishy feeling of paying such a big amount for a vehicle i get long apart.lot of things can change of course.

i also dont think swapping a cancelled order is possible for a permit.

i thought its the best diesel SUV for my budget.any suggestions?(3500k)

Search for the thread Permit Car Price List in this forum. As far as I remember, only Korando comes within your range.

he paid with cash mate. i have no clue as to how this permit thing works :)

If that's the case it's not under a Government Employees' Permit.