• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

I spoke to a friend of mind at I*C and he said generally the Octane 95 and I*C extream are safe. and the C*C is planing to recall all the distributed fuel from each filling station. This contraversial stock of fuel was a rejected batch of fuel due to not being processed accordingly at the country which it was brought down.

On the quontrary to what u have mentioned, my friend said I*C is not improting fuel directly, all the suppleirs are getting thier fuel from C*C including I*C. I*C only import diesel directly and that is why they are selling diesel at a higher price.

Hi Guys,

Came early in the morning and broke the news to my colleagues and got all worried...

A relative of one is working for the C** and got some more info. Situation is much worse. Yesterday itself they have received over 1000 complaints.

C** has purchased a low quality stock of fuel at a lower cost. Issue is there with directly imported petrol. Not with locally refined fuel. And a certain percentage of petrol issued by I*C is directly imported from their motherland which is also not affected. That’s why the issue is occurring in random locations.

Apparently the QA guys have tested samples before the purchase and advised not to buy the aforesaid stock. Despite this the C** officials have gone ahead with the purchase and the bad petrol had been in storage for months now. They must have started releasing it to retail channels recently. I know for sure that C** will keep on denying that there is a crisis.

What my friend’s relative told was that this is primarily related to octane 90. However due to the panic the demand for 95 has gone up so high, 90 may be pumped in certain stations as 95. So I'm afraid a particular fuel retailor or a brand / grade of fuel cannot be recommended as trouble free, for the moment.

And now that the news is out, C** will probably stop releasing the low quality petrol, at least for now. But since there's an immense stock left, they are likely to release this to the market may be at random or mixed with good fuel in the time to come.

Why did we ever get born in this country... :angry:

Edited by Harry (aq)

http://www.adaderana.lk/news.php?nid=13915

So the Petroleum Ministry Secretary thinks "if it had been a problem with the fuel, many more complaints should have been made". Wonder what his threshold is? I dunno about the numbers of cars affected, I guess we'll find out, but this report states "over 125 pumps in over 50 sheds around the island have been disabled".

And this is after HE canceled pre-existing tenders and got approval for an emergency shipment (This one).

I will now look into my crystal ball and say he will stay in the position after having considerably inflated is own pockets, and will probably do it again sometime, instead of being sent home like he should have been.

• Like 1

for the maintenance purpose tanks at CE**CO get empty, when the time their doing that, they import oil from Singapore, some times these importing may cause critical issues if they didn't check the quality, even it occupy with water substance really hearts EFI range.

You mean the ones that were elected by public vote? Doesn't that make it the policies of the people who voted for said idiots to represent them?

No Peri. I meant to the people who should responsible to this failure. Definitely there are peple allocated to make sure the quality of the product(fuel) is up to our(SL) standards. And also there are superiors to supervise those people to make sure they are doing their job in correct manner. If they have done their job properly, then this kind of thing shouldn't happen. The bad fuel should hold at the initial stage. Hope you will agree with me on this. :)

Hi,

I also victim on below..... I have a Toyota Avanza, Only way i could drive it to the Garage is using only 1-3rd Gear.... And there was this Tucka tucka Noise.

I took it to Alawattha, They cleaned the entire fuel Tank, & cleaned the Injectors & throw away the old Petrol that was in it... & Ask me to bring New 20L from 95 Ocatane... Now It's Fine...Rs.7000/= worth of Fuel in to the Gutter..... :action-smiley-060:

I love CPC :violent-smiley-099:

Just Curious though how the Media handle this, not much of a Publicity, wonder coz of Hary Jayawardana :alc:

Thanks,

D

• Like 1

Well machang, there are other great countries where you can go and enjoy contamination free motoring... :) Tried applying for Migration? How about jumping a boat? (risky now with bad fuel) Or claim persecution and apply for refugee status? All becasue of crap in the country's fuel supply.

BTW, google "2007 UK petrol contamination", or just fuel contamination.

Its far more common than you think and affects far bigger nations with far bigger motoring and aviation communities.

Hey VVTi and others,

Sorry for bringing the country in to the picture. I was really frustrated and angry when I posted as I too had gone and pumped a tank full yesterday night (unaware of whats going on). In the morning I was scared of what may happen to the car due to this.

Yes, this may happen in any country. But a trusted close friend in a shipping company, who directly handled this shipment told that C*C bought this stock knowing that the QA reports are bad. Further more the person in C*C as I mentioned, told that they may not dump this stock as there's a huge amount and might mix with good petrol and resell this. I bet these sort of thing never happens in any other decent country.

Anyways, I agree that the country is not to be blamed. Just a few idiots who think only about their wallet. So sorry for that again.

Btw, According to my friend in the Shipping Operations, IOC does import a certain amount of Petrol directly from India.

Cheers,

K9M

Just Curious though how the Media handle this, not much of a Publicity, wonder coz of Hary Jayawardana :alc:

Its very sad how media act on public issues these days. Step by step media institutions moving away from contraversal news which might end up them puting under the wrath of rulers.

Hey VVTi and others,

Sorry for bringing the country in to the picture. I was really frustrated and angry when I posted as I too had gone and pumped a tank full yesterday night (unaware of whats going on). In the morning I was scared of what may happen to the car due to this.

Yes, this may happen in any country. But a trusted close friend in a shipping company, who directly handled this shipment told that C*C bought this stock knowing that the QA reports are bad. Further more the person in C*C as I mentioned, told that they may not dump this stock as there's a huge amount and might mix with good petrol and resell this. I bet these sort of thing never happens in any other decent country.

Anyways, I agree that the country is not to be blamed. Just a few idiots who think only about their wallet. So sorry for that again.

Btw, According to my friend in the Shipping Operations, IOC does import a certain amount of Petrol directly from India.

Cheers,

K9M

Any idea from where this shipment arrived. I know in Nigeria they do this kinda monkey buisness. In fact they mix Jet A1 fuel with gas oil.!

Well if it was imported petrol we always do have the option of returning it to seller. I don't think we would have paid for it yet (these deals are usually done on credit isn't it?)

If like rover suggests if it was contamination through mixing with a heavy fuel like heavy furnace oil, we can always re refine it or use it as heavy furnace oil ! This is not the first time CPC has messed up like this. Do people remember "the hedging fiasco" ?

No Peri. I meant to the people who should responsible to this failure. Definitely there are peple allocated to make sure the quality of the product(fuel) is up to our(SL) standards. And also there are superiors to supervise those people to make sure they are doing their job in correct manner. If they have done their job properly, then this kind of thing shouldn't happen. The bad fuel should hold at the initial stage. Hope you will agree with me on this. :)

I agree on this post.

Prez must love how the media is following his media policy to the letter! :action-smiley-060:

Anyways, I pumped a full tank at Laugfs Kohuwala on Monday - 65km on, no issues and as per them non of their customers had an issue, not so with Koswatta.

Hope now that they would hv stopped distributing the contaminated batch, fuel everywhere is getting safer!

Is is ok to mix a little bit 90 (which is left on the bottom of the tank) with 95 if you're changing to 95?

If not compensation the authorities should at least disclose the nature of the problem and possible remedies.

Guys any idea whether a fuel additive (e.g. SoltXXn) could improve the fuel (just a wild guess)?

(P.S. I did a full tank and have abt 55 ltr now in tank which is bit near to the cost of the pump, so I need to think of the dumping cost also).

Guys, how to find whether your fuel pump is gone? I noticed a sudden slow down in my vehicle which accelerating. It was as if there is a petrol block. Is it related to this?

• Like 1

Guys, how to find whether your fuel pump is gone? I noticed a sudden slow down in my vehicle which accelerating. It was as if there is a petrol block. Is it related to this?

You wont get the dull noise you normally get in pre-ignition, when you're key has been turned 2 notches- thats if the fuel pump in totally out. Otherwise you'll get fuel starvation type symptoms when its on its way out

Well if it was imported petrol we always do have the option of returning it to seller. I don't think we would have paid for it yet (these deals are usually done on credit isn't it?)

If like rover suggests if it was contamination through mixing with a heavy fuel like heavy furnace oil, we can always re refine it or use it as heavy furnace oil ! This is not the first time CPC has messed up like this. Do people remember "the hedging fiasco" ?

Yes they can pump it through centrifugal separators and remove all the sludge and water if any in the refinery. But will our lethargic authorities ever go that extra step? I doubt.

Yes, you should not experience a noticeable difference. What prompted you to switch to 95?

No Don, I did not switch - but I can, if needed and just wanted to know.

I would not know if it'd make any performance difference to my Axela (previous owners hv always used 90).

No Don, I did not switch - but I can, if needed and just wanted to know.

I would not know if it'd make any performance difference to my Axela (previous owners hv always used 90).

It's quite safe to run 90 and 95 octane mixed in a vehicle which only requires 90 octane. If it requires higher octane petrol (95+) your engine might not be as smooth as it should as the fuel isn't quite 95 octane when mixed with 90.

If your car does not require 95 (as in the manufacturer does not advise you to use 95) then there is no reason to switch to 95. It'll just be a waste of money. The engine itself needs to be designed to take advantage of higher octane petrol for it to have a benefit from 95 octane.

Got a news alert saying that the govt will not be increasing the prices of petrol,wow,now because they dont increase the prices I dont care wtf happes to my car.What are they thinking ? we've got our brains in our A** ? :angry:

Friends,

Im sure most of us are confused now,

Let me summarize wht I learnt ( My experience)

Ceypetc0 Gasoline is low quality and no two words about it. Same with Laughs.I heard few cases of IOC and really unsure.Supras case is one and have to believe.

Best solution is to pump Xtra premium or 95 Next better solution is mixing 90 and 95 at 50-50% .Dont mix xtra premium with 95 or xtra premium with 90 .

Additives wont work.

Adding 10% of AVGAS to available capacity which I do now is very practical .Exceeding the limit over 10% will bust the Cat con for sure.Obtaining avgas is not practically possible for 'Non-Aviators"wink.gif Sure you can ask friends.You know the number to call wink.gif

Diesel is not effected (So far).

If somebody denies the situation of low quality of uel or fuel pump busting, He or she got to be shot in publictongue.gif

This is my experience and trust me, i know what im writing ,yet please correct me if im wrong.

MINIACE