• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Renting A Vehicle

blkr6

Hey Guys, I am planning on visiting Sri Lanka very soon. Since I am a University student I have a very low budget. I would like to know what will be the most cost effective transportation I could use to get around Sri Lanka. Since I love motorcycles I am thinking of renting a motorcycle. I left Sri Lanka in 2001 so Im not quite remember the roads. I want to know how safe/dangerous riding a motorcycle can be in Sri Lankan roads. Do you guys know anybody who would rent a reliable motorcycle? I am a motorcycle guy so Ill take care of it. Trail bike is definitely preferred.

If not a motorcycle I could go with a very small car. Any information about renting an affordable motorcycle or a compact car will be highly appreciated.

have been riding bikes since 16 without any major issues. and no sri lankan roads are not "unsafe" for bikers.

depends on ones skill level and common sense. We did round the country trip on bikes over vesak holidays and except for a flat tyre and some electrical problem on my XR nothing else went wrong.

VVTI hired a Baja 250 from a joint in Negombo. Bikes are in good shape although we did have to get a new rear tyre due to the nature of our trip. You have to keep a 20k deposit and he charge $20 per day.

Dont know if rates are better on extended hires. He even has a few 600's and 650's for hire...costs a bit more and need bigger balls to ride em though :)

Another option is to rent out a maruti :) If it's just mainly for colombo driving and you're on a budget that's not a bad car i think

Edited by Ripper

Thanx guys, ill be arriving around july 12th and im going to see how crazy SL roads can be. i have been riding for 4 years and i have ridden bikes from 250cc up to 1800cc bikes all im worried are other crazy drivers. as soon as arrive ill let your guys know. thank you for your help