• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva Or Toyota Passo

rosh78

Yes u r right the engines are different, but they r both made by dihatsu that's what mislead me,

And yes if the prices were same I'd advise any one to go for a passo, but the difference is about 50% of the value.

I don't know whether those tiny boxes would reach 160kmph but if they do it would be like driving with the grim reaper in the passenger seat. :lol:

But this could also not happen because the speed will be markedly reduced if passengers are going along.

FYI these tiny boxes are capable of reaching 180 km/h.

FYI these tiny boxes are capable of reaching 180 km/h.

Last night i checked some videos in YouTube and i found Viva 1.0 Auto going @ 160Km/h & Viva 1.0 Manual going @ 170Km/h+.. :)

Lots of videos are from Viva 1.0 Auto, but there were few with manual ones.. Certainly not bad for 1.0L little car.. :)

Last night i checked some videos in YouTube and i found Viva 1.0 Auto going @ 160Km/h & Viva 1.0 Manual going @ 170Km/h+.. :)

Lots of videos are from Viva 1.0 Auto, but there were few with manual ones.. Certainly not bad for 1.0L little car.. :)

Yes machan I saw those videos too there were at least 2 passengers in those cars. maybe the passo could reach slightly more speed. Too bad that we probably would never be able to reach those speeds in sl roads with these tiny boxes.

Machan i think Elite ezi is Auto right..?? Is it worth to pay 1.8Mn+ for a Elite Auto..?? Sure the performance will be very much lesser that manual one..

Yes the Ezi is auto. The guy at the show room told me that the manual would do about 15-16kmpl out station and the auto will only do around 13-14kmpl. and the acceleration will be better in the M/T.

Considering the reconditioned/registered prices of other same league japs and some brand new indian crap I would say the ezi is worth that price.

Yes u r right the engines are different, but they r both made by dihatsu that's what mislead me,

And yes if the prices were same I'd advise any one to go for a passo, but the difference is about 50% of the value.

I don't know whether those tiny boxes would reach 160kmph but if they do it would be like driving with the grim reaper in the passenger seat. :lol:

But this could also not happen because the speed will be markedly reduced if passengers are going along.

even if it could reach 160, thats useless in SL roads

and i dont think that anyone would buy a passo or a viva to race in SL

these two are Extreamly Fine A to B cars.

Machan u certainly can push 180Km/h+ if you know the time & roads machan. But not sure with small cars.. :)

(i enjoyed putting my speedometer photo's in FB.. But i drive safe in traffic.)

Tip - If you dnt have time to go outstation goto Sapugaskanda to Biyagama new road.. Enjoy..!! Drive safe.. :)

Machan u certainly can push 180Km/h+ if you know the time & roads machan. But not sure with small cars.. :)

(i enjoyed putting my speedometer photo's in FB.. But i drive safe in traffic.)

Tip - If you dnt have time to go outstation goto Sapugaskanda to Biyagama new road.. Enjoy..!! Drive safe.. :)

lol well sadly the max i got was around 125 - 135 in kandy,

D: unfortunatly, im in kandy machan..

Machan where in kandy can you reach such speeds? :unsure: Only strech of road I can think of is the new peradeniya road from the hospital to the level crossing near the round about and from there to colombo road along the new gannoruwa road, at night.

Shame on you. I remember our driver hitting 140 in a 16 sri Charade on the access road when I was about 12. And that was before it was made up like now too.

Machan where in kandy can you reach such speeds? :unsure: Only strech of road I can think of is the new peradeniya road from the hospital to the level crossing near the round about and from there to colombo road along the new gannoruwa road, at night.

there are places macho,

the new gannoruwa road (sort of a highway) and once i reach 120 in the old kandy peradeniya road at 5.00 a.m

and on kandy - matale Road as well.

Shame on you. I remember our driver hitting 140 in a 16 sri Charade on the access road when I was about 12. And that was before it was made up like now too.

i know D: but now there is too much traffic mate, unlike those days, when i was small, my dad used to hit 140-160 on my grandpa's old Lancer C11 from Kandy to Digana road, he used to call it. (Gammudawa road)

aaaahhh good times

once i reach 120kmph in digana teldeniya road at night and i nearly crashed into a tree by doing so. :lol:

once i reach 120kmph in digana teldeniya road at night and i nearly crashed into a tree by doing so. :lol:

lol that happen to me mate, nearly hit a another car on gannoruwa :D

lol ah if we are talking about off city limits then their is the kandy-haragama road also. no traffic but the road is not that good. maybe you can exceed 140kmph on some areas never tried it though max I might have hit in kandy is probably 100kmph. but you wont be able to do that even with a passo or a viva imho.

lol ah if we are talking about off city limits then their is the kandy-haragama road also. no traffic but the road is not that good. maybe you can exceed 140kmph on some areas never tried it though max I might have hit in kandy is probably 100kmph. but you wont be able to do that even with a passo or a viva imho.

i'm don't think it's possible to do it on that road because the road is in bad condition in top of that those big tata tippers are very frequently travel on that road.

i'm don't think it's possible to do it on that road because the road is in bad condition in top of that those big tata tippers are very frequently travel on that road.

Yes you are right machan, those tata tippers travel like they want to break the sound barrier :blink: They cant climb hills but on flat roads they really step on the accelerator. I hate those things. :angry:

If you are going outstation..try from Habarana to Kanthale A6 road..It's a fantastic road..can drive freely as you wish..and the road quality is absolutely first class..I reached upto 147 KMPH and had to slowdown as I saw some cops.. :rolleyes:

But then even DD raced in a kelisa,and if I'm not wrong in Malaysia they do race in the Viva,specially the Myvi

If you are going outstation..try from Habarana to Kanthale A6 road..It's a fantastic road..can drive freely as you wish..and the road quality is absolutely first class..I reached upto 147 KMPH and had to slowdown as I saw some cops.. :rolleyes:

Be Careful ,Cops are waiting at the last lap towards Kantale to catch high speed. I got caught and managed to escape by giving 500 Rs+ Vat :D

I reached 165 km/hr in my FD1.

did you try katugastota - kurunegala rd. its lot better and wider now. also less traffic considering other routes. only problem few huge downhills and bends after hedeniya. after all of that that crazy till kurunegala angry-smiley-048.gif(havent seen cops too).... also digana - theldeniya less traffic. but the road is not much wider. ans katugastota - matale (from alawatugoda - matale is not much good before 5yrs. dont know current status)unsure.gif

But then even DD raced in a kelisa,and if I'm not wrong in Malaysia they do race in the Viva,specially the Myvi

Yes I saw some videos in you tube where Malaysians race kelisas and vivas. They are probably not stock cars though.

like to see Myvi in Sri Lanka roads... also Alza...

true, the haragama road is heavily damage now,its impossible to reach over 100 there if you want to go back home in the car

did you try katugastota - kurunegala rd. its lot better and wider now. also less traffic considering other routes. only problem few huge downhills and bends after hedeniya. after all of that that crazy till kurunegala angry-smiley-048.gif(havent seen cops too).... also digana - theldeniya less traffic. but the road is not much wider. ans katugastota - matale (from alawatugoda - matale is not much good before 5yrs. dont know current status)unsure.gif

katugastota kurunegala road is good too but recently there are cops in lots of places so you better watch out to me the best part is after past the galagedara hill area an on route to mawathagama.

katugastota kurunegala road is good too but recently there are cops in lots of places so you better watch out to me the best part is after past the galagedara hill area an on route to mawathagama.

damn... these cops are everywhere.... finally we may have to go to colombo - hambantota highway to have some fun...dry.gif

Edited by Nirosha