• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Winker Mirrors

Magnum

im sorry if its against the forum rules, i see this word in many advertisements so wanted to clarify whether its correct or its another wrong term like "scoop lights"

Whatever the term..my personal believe is that they are not necessary items for a vehicle..they are just merely used to make the vehicles attractive. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 1

im sorry if its against the forum rules, i see this word in many advertisements so wanted to clarify whether its correct or its another wrong term like "scoop lights"

Absolutely correct term according to OXFORD Dic.

Well the OP DOES have a point. See "wink" has it's origins in flirting/amorous behaviour, usually a wink supplied to a woman from a man was considered signs of 'interest'. The "winker" therefore was the term applied to one who supplies the wink and winkee, the receiver. The Winker mirror was a product whereby the winkers used to practice and perfect the art of winking. The modern context term applied to car side mirrors with a indicator embedded is completely an erroneous title and made be some form of copyright infringement.

This is not to be confused with the "winkler mirror", which is something else. It is a device used to identify mentally challenged ones on the road and as one observes it 'winkling' one should give such a vehicle a wide berth. I can't describe 'winkling', but you will certainly recognise it when you see it.

Well the OP DOES have a point. See "wink" has it's origins in flirting/amorous behaviour, usually a wink supplied to a woman from a man was considered signs of 'interest'. The "winker" therefore was the term applied to one who supplies the wink and winkee, the receiver. The Winker mirror was a product whereby the winkers used to practice and perfect the art of winking. The modern context term applied to car side mirrors with a indicator embedded is completely an erroneous title and made be some form of copyright infringement.

This is not to be confused with the "winkler mirror", which is something else. It is a device used to identify mentally challenged ones on the road and as one observes it 'winkling' one should give such a vehicle a wide berth. I can't describe 'winkling', but you will certainly recognise it when you see it.

exactly! its kind of weird, it could have been named such as side mirror indicator or side mirror with indicator or indicator mirror