• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Benz W210

Rooney

right now im having a Mercedes Benz W124 and im thinking of going for a W210 E200(petrol)..i checked in autolanka and found out that there are models as Elegance, Kompressor but i dont know which one is the best...

finally what do you all think about this model?

i own a '96 W210 E220 diesel. the going price for this model is about 4 million. 300- E200 petrol cars for around 2.6-3 million. a face lifted E200 kompressor model is much expensive. they go for around 3.9 mil to 4.5 mil, these were manufactured between 2000-2001 . avantgarde is the ultimate trim (not including AMG), elegance comes next, and then follows classic which is the cheapest.

pre face lifted E220 common rail diesel (CDI) cars going prices could be about 4.5-5 million. and face lifted CDI models manufactured after 2000 is much expensiver. could be anything more than 5.5 mil. i have seen some cars advertised for more than 7 mil also. i dont think they are realistic prices, that is way to much for this car.

overall these are really nice cars. there could be electrical faults occurring from time to time such as power windows and etc. you have gotta make sure you do regular maintenance on these cars. they are fully computerized unlike the W124's. so maintenance can be a little expensive.

if you are thinking of going for a diesel, i recommend you go for a E220 CDI diesel unlike my E220 diesel which is non turbo. they are good on fuel efficiency and decent acceleration for a diesel car. these are really comfortable cars, great leg space. you wont get thrown around even if you maneuver a bend at 80kmph. but dont go trying this just because i said it ;) .

i'm not a fully technical guy. so this is what i know about these models.

i own a '96 W210 E220 diesel. the going price for this model is about 4 million. 300- E200 petrol cars for around 2.6-3 million. a face lifted E200 kompressor model is much expensive. they go for around 3.9 mil to 4.5 mil, these were manufactured between 2000-2001 . avantgarde is the ultimate trim (not including AMG), elegance comes next, and then follows classic which is the cheapest.

pre face lifted E220 common rail diesel (CDI) cars going prices could be about 4.5-5 million. and face lifted CDI models manufactured after 2000 is much expensiver. could be anything more than 5.5 mil. i have seen some cars advertised for more than 7 mil also. i dont think they are realistic prices, that is way to much for this car.

overall these are really nice cars. there could be electrical faults occurring from time to time such as power windows and etc. you have gotta make sure you do regular maintenance on these cars. they are fully computerized unlike the W124's. so maintenance can be a little expensive.

if you are thinking of going for a diesel, i recommend you go for a E220 CDI diesel unlike my E220 diesel which is non turbo. they are good on fuel efficiency and decent acceleration for a diesel car. these are really comfortable cars, great leg space. you wont get thrown around even if you maneuver a bend at 80kmph. but dont go trying this just because i said it ;) .

i'm not a fully technical guy. so this is what i know about these models.

avantgarde is the expensivest, so where does the kompressor fall?

avantgarde is the expensivest, so where does the kompressor fall?

kompressor is not a trim. it means super charged petrol engine. almost all the kompressors are face lifted. fuel consumption is high in these cars. i have been informed by friends who use this model as they generally do about 7-8 KMPL on city running. but if you are driving a mercedes, you would not really care about that.

• Like 1

kompressor is not a trim. it means super charged petrol engine. almost all the kompressors are face lifted. fuel consumption is high in these cars. i have been informed by friends who use this model as they generally do about 7-8 KMPL on city running. but if you are driving a mercedes, you would not really care about that.

yeah i just checked in wiki, the Kompressor engine is 11HP powerful than the other 2L engine. actually 7-8 km/l isnt bad, so the other engine will be even better? damn thats good!

yeah i just checked in wiki, the Kompressor engine is 11HP powerful than the other 2L engine. actually 7-8 km/l isnt bad, so the other engine will be even better? damn thats good!

yeah. you get that mileage if you drive conservatively. a little bit acceleration beyond what is required to get the car moving at a reasonable speed will reduce that. check in hit-ad today. there's a nice W210 kompressor for 4 mil. even in AL there was a car for 4.8 mil. way too much. it would be an absolute bargain if you find something for about 3.6-3.7 mil provided with a good maintenance record.

Yes Kompressors are supercharged. Bit Powerful slightly better on fuel.The disadvantage many found with Kompressor model that car is engine is very noisy. Spotted many 210s advertised this weekend.

A Facelift (2000-2002) E200 is the 'top market' car in SL.If you go for diesel, E220 ( OM611 engine) diesel is recommended.3 litre E300 is the top buy.Very few cars in SL are the most expensive 210s in SL. There was a severe shortage of spares sometime back and now the market is full of spares and relatively cheaper than any other EU same era model.

PS: Rooney and Magnum you guys selling your 124s? Diesel or Petrol?

MINIACE

yeah. you get that mileage if you drive conservatively. a little bit acceleration beyond what is required to get the car moving at a reasonable speed will reduce that. check in hit-ad today. there's a nice W210 kompressor for 4 mil. even in AL there was a car for 4.8 mil. way too much. it would be an absolute bargain if you find something for about 3.6-3.7 mil provided with a good maintenance record.

yeah i saw that car for 4.8mil. is that too much for a W210?? LOL i thought thats the market price

Yes Kompressors are supercharged. Bit Powerful slightly better on fuel.The disadvantage many found with Kompressor model that car is engine is very noisy. Spotted many 210s advertised this weekend.

A Facelift (2000-2002) E200 is the 'top market' car in SL.If you go for diesel, E220 ( OM611 engine) diesel is recommended.3 litre E300 is the top buy.Very few cars in SL are the most expensive 210s in SL. There was a severe shortage of spares sometime back and now the market is full of spares and relatively cheaper than any other EU same era model.

PS: Rooney and Magnum you guys selling your 124s? Diesel or Petrol?

MINIACE

Edited by Magnum

MINIACE

Are all Kompressors supercharged? Or are some of them turbocharged? I've seen 2.0l petrol versions with Kompressor badge. Seems funny that a small engine should have a supercharger instead of a turbo.

Are all Kompressors supercharged? Or are some of them turbocharged? I've seen 2.0l petrol versions with Kompressor badge. Seems funny that a small engine should have a supercharger instead of a turbo.

whats the difference between supercharged and turbocharged?

whats the difference between supercharged and turbocharged?

A turbo is driven by the engine's exhausts, while a supercharger is directly connected to the engine's crankshaft. Which means that a supercharger will rob some of the bhp produced by the engine to power itself. Which is why you generally see superchargers on big engines.

mer

as far as i know, all kompressors are supercharged. I personally do not know any Mercedes petrol engine manufactured with a turbo on it. but there have been turbos on E300 turbodiesel and E250 turbodiesel. the brand new Mercedes W204 (C class) and W212 (E Class) come with CGI engines (common rail gasoline direct injection) . some people are known to stick the kompressor badge to mislead. but yeah, it is not unusual for a 2000CC Mercedes petrol engine to have a supercharger on it.

bdw does the pre-face lift model have problems?

No major issues AFAIK. Infact pre facelift models share many parts and components of late W124 models (surprising hah?) Some auto trannys suffered issues but all 'careful selectors' and on time ATF changers survived. All auto tranny cases are 'curable'. Most common issues with pre facelitfs nowadays are corrosion.thats mainly due to ageing. No serious issues!

MINIACE

If the kompressor badge on,the car is a supercharged model.Turbo and supercharger does almost the same job,turbo isbeing powered by exhaust gas,Supercharger is driven by a belt or a rod from the engine.Somebody correct me if im wrong here please.Kompressor is German for supercharger.

MINIACE

A turbo is driven by the engine's exhausts, while a supercharger is directly connected to the engine's crankshaft. Which means that a supercharger will rob some of the bhp produced by the engine to power itself. Which is why you generally see superchargers on big engines.

so which one is powerful?

No major issues AFAIK. Infact pre facelift models share many parts and components of late W124 models (surprising hah?) Some auto trannys suffered issues but all 'careful selectors' and on time ATF changers survived. All auto tranny cases are 'curable'. Most common issues with pre facelitfs nowadays are corrosion.thats mainly due to ageing. No serious issues!

MINIACE

yeah i read some where else also that the pre face lift has electrical and corrosion problem thats y i asked

If the kompressor badge on,the car is a supercharged model.Turbo and supercharger does almost the same job,turbo isbeing powered by exhaust gas,Supercharger is driven by a belt or a rod from the engine.Somebody correct me if im wrong here please.Kompressor is German for supercharger.

MINIACE

hey bro did u say that the supercharged (kompressor) model does better on fuel?( higher fuel efficiency)

hey bro did u say that the supercharged (kompressor) model does better on fuel?( higher fuel efficiency)

Kompressor is always powerful and having favourable Bhps. Yes i have heard Komps are slightly economical unless one decides to utilize all the benefited Bhps. I dont have serious test reports but for im sure thats an advantage of a negligible amount.

MINIACE

Dunno whether you can look at it like that. They both do the same thing, except that they do it different ways. With a turbo you get turbo lag, cause you have to wait for it to spool up. A supercharger doesn't have to wait long and will give power and torque at lower revs, at the cost of mooching some of the engine's power.

• 4 weeks later...

avantgarde is the ultimate trim (not including AMG), elegance comes next, and then follows classic which is the cheapest.

sorry for replying to an old thread

are the major difference between Avantgarde and Elegance

Wood colour (elegance it walnut and avantgarde is maple)

Front Grille (elegance has less chrome slats)

Ride Height (Avantgarde is lower/stiffer)???

(found this on another thread, another forum, but don't know how true this, so decided to ask you guys)