• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Ignis Fuel Filter

Meelan

Question

Hi

First, I have a Suzuki Ignis (Manual/#JSAFHX51S) and having hard time finding a place to get the fuel filter changed. When called A*W stores, they said it will cost around 85,000/=. Is this correct? They asked for Chassis code before giving that information.

Second, can someone recommend a better place (in and around Colombo, Dehiwala Or Moratuwa) to do a full check on my car's suspension etc which my mechanic fail to see.

TIA

Edited by Meelan

4 answers to this question

Hi

First, I have a Suzuki Ignis (Manual/#JSAFHX51S) and having hard time finding a place to get the fuel filter changed. When called A*W stores, they said it will cost around 85,000/=. Is this correct? They asked for Chassis code before giving that information.

Second, can someone recommend a better place (in and around Colombo, Dehiwala Or Moratuwa) to do a full check on my car's suspension etc which my mechanic fail to see.

TIA

Fuel Filter costs Rs 85 000

:blink:

Something wrong somewhere. R u sure?

The best fuel filter is VIC & costs about Rs 2 200/=

(I buy & change fuel Filter on my Nissan MySelf)

Why you wanna check up suspension? What you mean by "etc."

What else you want to get checked?

Suspension issues can be found by test drive by a Mechanic. Any good mechanic will find the issues.

Can't directly direct u a place. But search & find a good mechanic & a shop.

If so many matters to get checked & u lot bother about the quality try places like "L*L Ala****A"

Fuel Filter costs Rs 85 000

:blink:

Something wrong somewhere. R u sure?

The best fuel filter is VIC & costs about Rs 2 200/=

(I buy & change fuel Filter on my Nissan MySelf)

Why you wanna check up suspension? What you mean by "etc."

What else you want to get checked?

Suspension issues can be found by test drive by a Mechanic. Any good mechanic will find the issues.

Can't directly direct u a place. But search & find a good mechanic & a shop.

If so many matters to get checked & u lot bother about the quality try places like "L*L Ala****A"

I think A*W quoted the price of a petrol pump not petrol filter. You can get petrol filters in many places. Ask for Petrol filter for Suzuki Swift Jeep Model.

Sorry to say this but I don't recommend L*L Ala****A due to my personal experience with the same problem. In fact, I took the car to his place twice in the past for two unrelated problems and both the times the results were dissapointing. If you like, I'll PM the contacts of the garage who finally sorted it out. That one is in Vihara Lane, Wellawatta.

Edited by Crosswind

actually, that price might be right, cause in some cases, the fuel filter and petrol pump come as one unit... but that being said, I remember about 2 years ago, the fuel filter for the swift was about 50,000.... so it might be just that... anyway try some panchikawatta shops as well...