• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rotherham Katukurunda 2011

Ripper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ripper nice pics. What lens did you use for those? Are they cropped or as is?

If you were with a cowboy hat then you must be the one who jumped in front of one of my pictures when the evo 10 was pulling out! :action-smiley-060:

thanks and no that aint me :P

was shooting with a ef70-200 f2.8 USM on a 50D body

and i was wearing a beat up old fake leather hat...brown color one. was hardly at the paddocks or start line...

https://www.facebook.com/nalawansa

that's me...

Edited by Ripper

• 3 weeks later...

Part two of the pics folks

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150279586527344.329909.607877343&l=97874dfe2d&type=1

this set has the slgt race 2 and the open superbike event!

Hey ripper great pictures! I was trying for the same background blurred/moving effect but instead got the entire picture blurred! haha. How do you do this? What shutter speed would you usually use?

I have a 550D with 18-200mm canon.

Hey ripper great pictures! I was trying for the same background blurred/moving effect but instead got the entire picture blurred! haha. How do you do this? What shutter speed would you usually use?

I have a 550D with 18-200mm canon.

shutter speed really depends on how fast the cars are moving at the time...i go as slow as 1/60th.

put your cam on AF servo, if the lens has IS for panning enable that too... then you simply aim, focus lock and "follow" the car in panning movement as you click. Your hands gotta be pretty steady and have to try and keep the car in the same place from start to finish in your panning movement. It takes some practice to nail it though

Part two of the pics folks

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150279586527344.329909.607877343&l=97874dfe2d&type=1

this set has the slgt race 2 and the open superbike event!

Mate absolutely super pics (Again) love the SL-GT race 2 pics.. hats off man! (Hope you come to Pannala for round 4 on the 16th of Oct and do the same :D) :alc:

Mate absolutely super pics (Again) love the SL-GT race 2 pics.. hats off man! (Hope you come to Pannala for round 4 on the 16th of Oct and do the same :D) :alc:

thanks mate :)

slgt-2 made my day that day :) the gooseneck area was muddy and spent most of the time in wet shoes and socks...not a nice thing :D but the last race was worth all of it :) Only wish darin's car ran better so it would've been even tighter race...

gotta see about pannala machang.

hate to bug the same resource for passes and stuff :( last time too he had to come and sort me out at the gates.

also once on track it's not the easiest to move around. some slardar chaps pull you up cos i dont have a bloody media pass :(

i am doing this just for kicks so it's a big "turn-off" sometimes :(

thanks mate :)

slgt-2 made my day that day :) the gooseneck area was muddy and spent most of the time in wet shoes and socks...not a nice thing :D but the last race was worth all of it :) Only wish darin's car ran better so it would've been even tighter race...

gotta see about pannala machang.

hate to bug the same resource for passes and stuff :( last time too he had to come and sort me out at the gates.

also once on track it's not the easiest to move around. some slardar chaps pull you up cos i dont have a bloody media pass :(

i am doing this just for kicks so it's a big "turn-off" sometimes :(

haha yeah even my shoes were ruined walking in the mud. lol.. Sigh I know but the fact that Darin's car was ready to run at least was simply super.. I'm sure he'll be back at the next races :)

Mate don't worry about Passes, I'll sort you out, just pm me before the race.. I end up giving my pit assistant passes to others cause I barely use em :)

Edited by virensti

haha yeah even my shoes were ruined walking in the mud. lol.. Sigh I know but the fact that Darin's car was ready to run at least was simply super.. I'm sure he'll be back at the next races :)

Mate don't worry about Passes, I'll sort you out, just pm me before the race.. I end up giving my pit assistant passes to others cause I barely use em :)

it's not only the passes machang...it's moving around the track that causes a issues :(

my friend gets me a car pass and pit assistant passes each time i ask him without fail... sometimes the slardar folks and the military blokes pull you up when you roam around the track minus a media pass... I think you either have to have slardar visitor pass, a media pass or a slardar official pass.

getting old and tired of having to beg and plead to stay on the track :P

it's not only the passes machang...it's moving around the track that causes a issues :(

my friend gets me a car pass and pit assistant passes each time i ask him without fail... sometimes the slardar folks and the military blokes pull you up when you roam around the track minus a media pass... I think you either have to have slardar visitor pass, a media pass or a slardar official pass.

getting old and tired of having to beg and plead to stay on the track :P

ahh but pannala speed c'ship isn't slardar. :D tis amrc cmsc mra & slmcc :D so come no worries..