• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Treat For Bmw Diesel Lovers

madmax

My car is in the shop for some repairs, and they gave me a loaner car. And guess what - it's a diesel, which they started selling recently in this part of the world. 265bhp & 425lb-ft of torque!

27187810150261791468145.jpg

27980010150261790758145.jpg

Edited by madmax

My car is in the shop for some repairs, and they gave me a loaner car. And guess what - it's a diesel, which they started selling recently in this part of the world. 265bhp & 425lb-ft of torque!

Seriously nice wheels. It'd make for one hell of a commuter car; the only snag is that they are a bit hard to find second hand. I wish North Americans would get off their high horse and start buying more diesels- You'd think they'd have looked across the pond and learnt a thing or two from the Europeans by now!

Anyways what's up with your car? Everything is still under warranty I hope?

27187810150261791468145.jpg

27980010150261790758145.jpg

Being a 'brown person' how do you get yourself such nice treatment in America?? in Ohio for that matter!? I cant even get service at McDonalds there :)

Hey mate back ti Bimmers and back to Diesels biggrin.gif ! She is pretty mate!

MINIACE

It's not mine to keep, Miniace, the dealer 'loaned' it to me while my bimmer is in the shop for some repairs.

Seriously nice wheels. It'd make for one hell of a commuter car; the only snag is that they are a bit hard to find second hand. I wish North Americans would get off their high horse and start buying more diesels- You'd think they'd have looked across the pond and learnt a thing or two from the Europeans by now!

Anyways what's up with your car? Everything is still under warranty I hope?

Yes, they are finally embracing diesel technology. I was talking to both BMW and VW sales people at my dealership and they said sometimes the diesels sell over sticker price of the demand and limited numbers. My dealership has two used 335d for sale. They were used as demo cars. However it is very hard to find used diesels. One reason is there are no lease offers on the diesels. So everyone buys them to keep.

My car just rolled into CPO warranty, even though it's not comprehensive as original warranty, most mechanical parts are still covered, there was a funny rattle on cold start, they suspect it's a loose waste gate flap. They wanted to keep in for a couple of days and diagnose it properly.

Being a 'brown person' how do you get yourself such nice treatment in America?? in Ohio for that matter!? I cant even get service at McDonalds there :)

True that. While we might not be able to get service at a wayside diner, when we go to a luxury car showroom they welcome you with arms wide open. First question is "So are you a doctor or an engineer?" Even in the heart redneck country a majority of doctors and software folks are 'brown'. I simple say "I used to work on Wall Street" referring to my time at the stock exchange in NY. That's when they get all fired up and try to put me in a car before I leave the dealership. That plus you have to blend in (needs extra work on our accents - because of our British English) and not sound like you're FOB (fresh off the boat).

'Brown' people are stereotyped as having deep pockets but somewhat on the 'stingy' side.

Edited by madmax

True that. While we might not be able to get service at a wayside diner, when we go to a luxury car showroom they welcome you with arms wide open. First question is "So are you a doctor or an engineer?" Even in the heart redneck country a majority of doctors and software folks are 'brown'. I simple say "I used to work on Wall Street" referring to my time at the stock exchange in NY. That's when they get all fired up and try to put me in a car before I leave the dealership. That plus you have to blend in (needs extra work on our accents - because of our British English) and not sound like you're FOB (fresh off the boat).

Ohio isn't the heart of red-neck country. Thats the South. Try Alabama. And the source for that is Jeff Foxworthy, he knows a thing or two about rednecks :D

'Brown' people are stereotyped as having deep pockets but somewhat on the 'stingy' side.

Accurate in your case, nuh? :lol:

Ohio isn't the heart of red-neck country. Thats the South. Try Alabama. And the source for that is Jeff Foxworthy, he knows a thing or two about rednecks :D

Accurate in your case, nuh? :lol:

Dude there are plenty of rednecks here. And most stereotyping attributes are common and true aren't they? It just comes with the genes and culture

We get better treatment over here than in sri lanka. Suddhas get better treatment in Sri Lanka than brown people. In Sri lanka 3wheelers pass me by to pick up "suddhas" all the time.

What a coincidence my car is in this week too for repairs and they have me a diesel as well. sorry for camera phone quailty

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

Oh wow :o ! have they also launched the X5 diesel in the states as well? Was able to get a good look at one when i took my car for a service couple of weeks ago. One fantastic looking machine.

How big are the wheels by the way? looks a bit small in comparison to the ones we get her in SL

We get better treatment over here than in sri lanka. Suddhas get better treatment in Sri Lanka than brown people. In Sri lanka 3wheelers pass me by to pick up "suddhas" all the time.

Well said buddy. Unfortunately many Sri lankans live in US itself don't realize it.Or they do realize and enjoy things but talk otherwise.

Edited by techlove