• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aventador

ShintaroX

Hey all, being a big fan of Lambo design I just wanted to share this vid of the unveiling of this bad boy/girl in Geneva back in March. I now it's old news now but man I want to ride her like a pony, your comments on it?

Any chance of one of these tearin it up on baseline?

Love the car. Especially the interior. Ah it's a supercar year this year... we got the Huayra, Agera, Aventador, Mp4-12c, what else?

I know you guys like Jeremy Clarkson so much, but as an Englishman I cast a cynical eye over his reviews. I remember when I was young he was a journalist, not any kind of car expert. And out of all the quality rags you get, he used to write for the Sun, which was written for working class masses possessing a titillation to actual news ratio of 90:10. Maybe it's the marketing or maybe he has an awesome script writer thats helped him to become this iconic face of British car expertise. Have any of you guys seen fifth gear? A British top gear knock off from a different channel, also quite decent.

Ofcourse we've heard of Fifth gear dude,infact theres a whole thread here dedicated to Vicky Butler Henderson's boobs.

And I get what you mean,theres a lot of hype surrounding the new show with every monkey's uncle watching it and all.although I've been watching Top Gear since the 90's I tend not to take everything they say seriously.and the show sometimes leaves hardcore petrolheads dissapointed.But it is entertaining television and a great show where all three presenters have great chemistry between them.JC might be an oaf and a hypocrite sometimes,but the guy is a great journalist non the less and the world would be a dull place without people like him.Checkout his travel and war documntaries.

The same goes to May.I'm one of the few who looks forward to his reviews.Another great documentary maker.(James May's Toy Stories and Big Ideas)

Edited by MasterDon

When I clicked 'post' I thought you guys would've tried stoning me for blasphemy or something, glad we're on the same page. And you guys have been mulling over the 2 Butler-Hendersons, eh? will have a read...

Naw man. JC ain't gospel, he uses plenty of hyperbole and exaggeration to keep things entertaining, so you have to keep that in mind. He's just having fun, and thats fun to watch.

He's driven a lot, in a lot. But he isn't a hugely skilled driver. Hence the Stig. And if you watched the episode some time ago on the Murci, you'll see he goes around saying lots of grip, just can't slide it or something to that effect, and then a Lambo test driver takes him for a spin and slides it just fine. Not to mention how he did something to his neck driving the GT-R :D

Be interesting to see the times the presenters can set in the reasonably priced car challenge :)

Dammn that she was stunning :medium-smiley-005: ,just like a jet on wheels.Dammn....And best of all her lap timing was seriously unbelievable.Now thats a car I would die for... :prototyp: ....What Jeremy said abou Richard was so true..he's a nut case ^_^

Yeah too bad the season is over :(

Damn xfactor ! ! ! :angry-smiley-024:

hell yeah, damn xfactor, and it would take months to finish :(

also nice to see old sac stiggy back too (Ben Collin)

Dammn that she was stunning :medium-smiley-005: ,just like a jet on wheels.Dammn....And best of all her lap timing was seriously unbelievable.Now thats a car I would die for... :prototyp: ....What Jeremy said abou Richard was so true..he's a nut case ^_^

for me, it was the Start Button that made me Badly want one :wub:

Dammn that she was stunning :medium-smiley-005: ,just like a jet on wheels.Dammn....And best of all her lap timing was seriously unbelievable.Now thats a car I would die for... :prototyp: ....What Jeremy said about Richard was so true..he's a nut case ^_^

and james too

to me it's was one of the best looking lambo of all time and it's in top 5 of my dream cars list wish i can drive one someday. :wub:

to me its stunning looks and performance that made me badly want one. :D

Edited by nexus

eh?How can you tell?...FYI just cos a car is good looking,expensive or fast around a track doesn't neccessarily mean its fun to drive...

...and if you ask me,I think the Miura,Murcielago and the Gallardo were far better looking.

Edited by MasterDon

hell yeah, damn xfactor, and it would take months to finish :(

also nice to see old sac stiggy back too (Ben Collin)

Ha Ha same here,btw one of my friend replaced his gear knob with a knob that has a starter switch which he got it from a local audio shop.It really looked cool :D

eh?How can you tell?...FYI just cos a car is good looking,expensive or fast around a track doesn't neccessarily mean its fun to drive...

...and if you ask me,I think the Miura,Murcielago and the Gallardo were far better looking.

Well it depends on each persons taste I guess ;)

imagine waking up in the morning going to ur garage n finding dis inside it :jumping-smiley-013:

OT-Well for people like us,dreaming of owning a lambo would certainly get pissed after this video

Here's the story-

A Chinese Lamborghini Gallardo owner decided to have his supercar destroyed in public, to show his dissatisfaction with the car maker’s services.

The businessman from Qingdao, Shandong Province, says the engine of his luxury sports-car, a Lamborghini Gallardo L140, failed to start on November 29, 2010, just six months after he bought it. As any other car owner would do, he contacted the Lamborghini dealer in Qingdao, and the trailer of a maintenance service provider entrusted by the dealer was sent to carry the car to a designated maintenance shop. When his Lamborghini was returned, the owner noticed the engine problem still hadn’t been fixed, and that the bumper and chassis had been damaged, probably during the towing.

When the owner pointed out the problems at the maintenance shop, they denied his claims and simply ignored his consumer rights, so the owner tried to work things out with Mr. Stephan Winkelmann, CEO of Lamborghini’s China division, with the auto-maker’s after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and even with brand owner Volkswagen Group, but no one took responsibility for what had happened. Under the circumstances, the outraged car owner felt there was only one thing he could do.

He decided to hire a group of construction workers to publicly destroy his faulty Lamborghini Gallardo L140 on World Consumer Rights Day, to attract attention to the consumer rights problem in China. He stated that, in recent years, the Chinese people have been more than capable of consuming luxury goods, but international brands seek only to exploit the Chinese market and ignore the interests and rights of consumers. He feels that, in his case, Lamborghini failed to bring their famous high quality service to China, and this was the only way left he could protest.

In China, a Lamborghini Gallardo retails for between $529,000 and $757,000, depending on specifications.

Just an A## hole :angry:

Edited by CyRaX

OT-Well for people like us,dreaming of owning a lambo would certainly get pissed after this video

Here's the story-

A Chinese Lamborghini Gallardo owner decided to have his supercar destroyed in public, to show his dissatisfaction with the car maker’s services.

The businessman from Qingdao, Shandong Province, says the engine of his luxury sports-car, a Lamborghini Gallardo L140, failed to start on November 29, 2010, just six months after he bought it. As any other car owner would do, he contacted the Lamborghini dealer in Qingdao, and the trailer of a maintenance service provider entrusted by the dealer was sent to carry the car to a designated maintenance shop. When his Lamborghini was returned, the owner noticed the engine problem still hadn’t been fixed, and that the bumper and chassis had been damaged, probably during the towing.

When the owner pointed out the problems at the maintenance shop, they denied his claims and simply ignored his consumer rights, so the owner tried to work things out with Mr. Stephan Winkelmann, CEO of Lamborghini’s China division, with the auto-maker’s after-sales service manager for Asia-Pacific region, and even with brand owner Volkswagen Group, but no one took responsibility for what had happened. Under the circumstances, the outraged car owner felt there was only one thing he could do.

He decided to hire a group of construction workers to publicly destroy his faulty Lamborghini Gallardo L140 on World Consumer Rights Day, to attract attention to the consumer rights problem in China. He stated that, in recent years, the Chinese people have been more than capable of consuming luxury goods, but international brands seek only to exploit the Chinese market and ignore the interests and rights of consumers. He feels that, in his case, Lamborghini failed to bring their famous high quality service to China, and this was the only way left he could protest.

In China, a Lamborghini Gallardo retails for between $529,000 and $757,000, depending on specifications.

no matter how much these buggers smash it, its still intact :D

i donno weather you guys saw it or not, but there are 2 brake calipers for the rear Disk :blink:

yeah i noticed that too it's probably for better braking or it maybe brake discs/rotor to big for one brake caliper. :unsure:

Here's the story-

that foolish bastard what he was trying to prove? that he will destroy his car because bad dealership or he got too much money to spend what a loser. :rolleyes:

at least he can sell that car and donate it's funds for some noble cause. :(

Here's the story-

Well technically its his car, his money so you cant call him an A##hole.

And if i was stinking rich and i had more than enough money i would do the same thing to express my anger.

This would clearly be a humiliating incident for Lamborghini from an organizational perspective and clearly would affect their band in a negative way with all the publicity this incident is getting.

However just goes to show that money cant buy brain cause he is trying to smash a carbon fiber enforced body with sledge hammers, classic ! The best way to do would have been to set it on fire or have it smashed to pieces by a bulldozer :angry-smiley-048:

yeah i noticed that too it's probably for better braking or it maybe brake discs/rotor to big for one brake caliper. :unsure:

maybe, if i heard right, it has carbon ceramics brakes right?

maybe coz of that