• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hand Brake (Parking Brake)

mensoft

Question

5 answers to this question

Its not same for every car. Attached picture is not off from a car AFAIK, looks a van or a J44 rear drum to me. Should be able to buy (I could source the same for my ex 406 about 4 years back) or re-build the worst case as Don said.

Yes . The picture is just from the web . coz i just want to show the part. my one is older model car (lancer tube light). my mechanic said the adjusters are missing on both side. i don't have a sample to make or to buy new one.

Edited by mensoft

Yes . The picture is just from the web . coz i just want to show the part. my one is older model car (lancer tube light). my mechanic said the adjusters are missing on both side. i don't have a sample to make or to buy new one.

one important factor to consider, that is this adjusters are made in such a way that it automatically adjusts when parking brake applies. So, the shoe will be close to the drum and hence has an impact on brake padeal travel distance, brake / response time and distance. So, this is not only for the parking brake. Try searching in breaking yards in Panchikawatta as even Lancer box model ones can be interchanged. I think sourcing the original one would be a better bet coz you will have to manually adjust the shoe time to time if you don't have a working auto adjusting mechanism.