• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belts Mandatory In Sri Lanka From October 1

ModX

Pure my personal view..!!

The Party that should keep the law never follow the law, I have never seen these drivers in 119 Police cars with seat belts on at all. Not even the DIG vehicles or the IGP vehicle wear them. Now the same party are going to catch the other drivers not wearing seat belts? Bu*l S*%t... :action-smiley-060:

Not unless you're pregnant.

:lol: Damn I look pregnant with my 'prosperity' belly .. but never caused no issue with the seat belt!!!

So, if you're wearing seat belts, no need to worry about getting copped eh?

I started wearing belts a couple of years back and now habitually that's the first thing I do when I get in to a vehicle. If I'm not wearing a belt, it almost feels like I'm naked! :angry-smiley-048:

One of my friends hates wearing seat belts. But his car gives a warning beep continuously if the seat belt is not clipped, and it’s very annoying. So what he does is, grab the belt form the passenger side and clip it on to his side. I’m not making this up. :action-smiley-060:

This video reminded me something happend a long ago.

I was driving wearing my seat belt with one of my annoying ex's on the front passenger seat.

She who often used to make fun on me about wearing belt,wasn't wearing her as usual.

I was driving at a lower speed and suddenly a poor dog appeared on the street,I hit brakes,throwing her on to the windscreen.

The dog was saved,windscreen was fine but the girl got a lump on her forehead.

I am just saying this 'coz many people think that seat belts are needed only on high speeds.NO! It's a wrong idea.

Yeah this is pure true techlove. for our safe we need to wear seat belts.no one need to push us for that. in the first event it will be bit uncomfartable. but if we practice then it will be ok. my suggestion is lets start it from Au.. La.. webportal. it wii take only few second but save a valuable life..

Hope other's will agree with me..

What can be done if one is short (say less than 5') and when the seat belt is worn, rather than the belt going over the shoulder, it goes under the side of the chin and neck and sometimes touches the ear ?

Is it OK to wear the belt like this or can even a slight jerk cause neck injury when the seat belt is worn as described above?

Is the only solution to use a cushion to raise the height so that belt is over the shoulder?

(btw, this is for adults. So not sure if booster cushions will be OK or if they are available in SL. So I guess it will be just a typical cushion)

Any other practical solutions to above problem please ?

(for e.g. is lowering seat belt fixing point on door pillar at a garage advisable ?,

any special type of belt that can be used ?, I ask because some passengers are reluctant to use any type of cushion and prefer to opt out of seat belts - which is not safe)

Edited by eyepea

What can be done if one is short (say less than 5') and when the seat belt is worn, rather than the belt going over the shoulder, it goes under the side of the chin and neck and sometimes touches the ear ?

Is it OK to wear the belt like this or can even a slight jerk cause neck injury when the seat belt is worn as described above?

are you an oompaaloompa?

Is the only solution to use a cushion to raise the height so that belt is over the shoulder?

(btw, this is for adults. So not sure if booster cushions will be OK or if they are available in SL. So I guess it will be just a typical cushion)

(for e.g. is lowering seat belt fixing point on door pillar at a garage advisable ?,

any special type of belt that can be used ?, I ask because some passengers are reluctant to use any type of cushion and prefer to opt out of seat belts - which is not safe)

Lower the height on door pillar. If you are shorter than that you should get yourself a child seat with a harness.

No I wouldn't advise you to do that as messing with safety gear is generally ill-advisable, plus changing the mounting points would mess things up for taller passengers wouldn't it? Buy a seat belt adjuster off ebay and use it to adjust the belt so as to hold the shoulder strap in its proper place over the shoulder and away from the face and neck of your passenger. They are sold at retail stores like Walmart for $10 as well, so if you can work out the logistics that might be a better option as that way you know you're buying a somewhat reputable product that has been approved for sale in the US.

Thanks very much for all the info.

Most cars I have seen, the seat belt mount point on the door pillar is height adjustable. My one, it is not :angry:

... child seat with a harness.

Guess this will depend on the space available and max weight limit on the seat :unsure: . Afaik weight limit spec is indicative of the force the harness can withstand in a crash. Please advice if incorrect.

... Buy a seat belt adjuster ... adjust the belt so as to hold the shoulder strap in its proper place over the shoulder and away from the face and neck ...

Aha seems a nice solution.