• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacing Automatic Gear Shift Knob.

JayZ

Question

Guys, my cars (Ford Mondeo MK3) automatic gear shift knob is broken. When pushing the button to move the lever sometimes the inside spring gets stuck. Best thing is to replace the shift knob it self.

I inquired from several auto shops in panchi and they said need to source it from SG or UK and will get back to me with a quotation.

Is it possible to fix any other models shifter untill i get a genuine part?

The shifter comes with the OD button.

3 answers to this question

can you get a picture of your shifter? I can't really remember what the mondeo one looks like. Also how sure are you that it's the knob? it could be that the rod in the lever is actually getting stuck. Eitherwya try taking it out and spraying some wd40. and see if it loosens up. It's usually one little torx or hex screw that holds the knob in place.

can you get a picture of your shifter? I can't really remember what the mondeo one looks like. Also how sure are you that it's the knob? it could be that the rod in the lever is actually getting stuck. Eitherwya try taking it out and spraying some wd40. and see if it loosens up. It's usually one little torx or hex screw that holds the knob in place.

No matchan, The road works fine even without the lever can move the road when i press the top button of it without any jagging. Its the shift knob which is broken. the inside plastic parts which holds the spring is broken. I checked with Mazna, what they said is have to check if some other shifter can be fixed or can try to mold the inside plastic. Hoping to look for some other brands just in case if they fix. Problem solved. Thanks