• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 Budget Proposals???

Sha7

Members,

I think it is too early to predict any thing about Vehicles at the moment the imports too have come down due to increase of duty.Definitely Alcohol price for a liter will go up.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Please could you give us the history of budget changes and how they have affected the car market over the last 40-50 years in this country Sri Lanka which, as you may or may not know, was formerly 'Ceylon'.

Deepest thanks,

Shintaro

Hi Guys,

Any idea about what's in the 2011 budget proposals, that may effect the car market??

-Thanks

my astrologer went to his village yesterday. Wont be back will next week. Will let you know about thr budget proposals when he gets back.

Dear Sylvi,

Please could you give us the history of budget changes and how they have affected the car market over the last 40-50 years in this country Sri Lanka which, as you may or may not know, was formerly 'Ceylon'.

Deepest thanks,

Shintaro

Dear Shintarox,

OK what I can remember I will post as you have a deep request.

Motor vehicles in good old days handled by few foreign owned companies some of them were later owned by Ceylonese.Cost of a vehicle was from rupees 6000.00 up. Then 1960 government stopped all imports in 1962 due to non-availability of foreign exchange If I remember that time it was 4Sri numbers. later 1977 government budget opened the economy by OGL open general license scheme came into operation.Before that from 1973 to 1977 CRA on Convertible rupee account Directors of a company or any person who has CRA could import a vehicle. Duty was 5%,7.5%,12.5% Till 1980 mid part the vehicle duty was very little in 1977 cost of Delica petrol single light van was 29000 rupees Diesel van Isuzu van cost was 55000.00 rupees. Srilankan importers became vehicle importers in 1980 first half there is only one pioneer importer still in the market he is a billionaire he has gone to Finance business he did even CRA imports before 1977 from Singapore mostly Diesel Morris cars and A40 Vans from UK.

I don't think I should write about after that you and honorary members will know the vehicle market history after that.

Thanks for your request.Best of luck.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Dear Shintarox,

OK what I can remember I will post as you have a deep request.

Motor vehicles in good old days handled by few foreign owned companies some of them were later owned by Ceylonese.Cost of a vehicle was from rupees 6000.00 up. Then 1960 government stopped all imports in 1962 due to non-availability of foreign exchange If I remember that time it was 4Sri numbers. later 1977 government budget opened the economy by OGL open general license scheme came into operation.Before that from 1973 to 1977 CRA on Convertible rupee account Directors of a company or any person who has CRA could import a vehicle. Duty was 5%,7.5%,12.5% Till 1980 mid part the vehicle duty was very little in 1977 cost of Delica petrol single light van was 29000 rupees Diesel van Isuzu van cost was 55000.00 rupees. Srilankan importers became vehicle importers in 1980 first half there is only one pioneer importer still in the market he is a billionaire he has gone to Finance business he did even CRA imports before 1977 from Singapore mostly Diesel Morris cars and A40 Vans from UK.

I don't think I should write about after that you and honorary members will know the vehicle market history after that.

Thanks for your request.Best of luck.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you very much for this valuable information. Is there anyway you can expand on any of the points you mentioned or perhaps give us the history of the first car imported to Sri Lanka (formerly Caylon)? Your depth of knowledge never seizes to amaze us young whippersnappers.

Best of luck to you and may you be blessed with one thousand offspring,

Love,

Shintaro

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you very much for this valuable information. Is there anyway you can expand on any of the points you mentioned or perhaps give us the history of the first car imported to Sri Lanka (formerly Caylon)? Your depth of knowledge never seizes to amaze us young whippersnappers.

Love,

Shintaro

Dear Shintarox,

First car was imported I can remember reading a paper article few years bak that was some where in mid first decade in last century. When my late father joined M/s, Walker sons in 1913 there were more than 500 vehicles of different types then Ceylon and Walkers had a motor repair department in Colombo for servicing of those vehicles.I don't think even RMV have records of A to Z registered Vehicles I remember they want to destroy same due to most of those papers were destroyed by termites due to not having correct storage facility's. First RMV was the present ODEL shop at Eye hospital junction in mid 1950 to 1960 that department was shifted to Narahenpita.

One advise to you not to have too many offspring's. Be care full when you have your Worldly pleasures this can create problems when you want to gift your legacy I write this as my family have this problem even still my relatives and offspring's are trying to prove ownership for some lands in Bambalapitiya Who are trying to clam them are Qualified Doctor having private hospital and a Accountant all are very well to do persons.This is nothing but Greediness.Living are fighting in court of law for the sins of forefather's did.

Best of luck Health wealth happiness and long life.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Love,

Shintaro

toffee a'''d guy can you shut up and stop insulting people you are just disgusting man ur nothing but a troll, you know what happened to the "rilawa who had a dalipihiya"??? the saying can be modified as shinatrox having a computer (and also time to waste)

Dear Shintarox,

First car was imported I can remember reading a paper article few years bak that was some where in mid first decade in last century. When my late father joined M/s, Walker sons in 1913 there were more than 500 vehicles of different types then Ceylon and Walkers had a motor repair department in Colombo for servicing of those vehicles.I don't think even RMV have records of A to Z registered Vehicles I remember they want to destroy same due to most of those papers were destroyed by termites due to not having correct storage facility's. First RMV was the present ODEL shop at Eye hospital junction in mid 1950 to 1960 that department was shifted to Narahenpita.

One advise to you not to have too many offspring's. Be care full when you have your Worldly pleasures this can create problems when you want to gift your legacy I write this as my family have this problem even still my relatives and offspring's are trying to prove ownership for some lands in Bambalapitiya Who are trying to clam them are Qualified Doctor having private hospital and a Accountant all are very well to do persons.This is nothing but Greediness.Living are fighting in court of law for the sins of forefather's did.

Best of luck Health wealth happiness and long life.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you very much for that interesting narrative. Do you know anything about the history of anything else? Please share your pearls of wisdom without restraint.

May you be blessed with hyperactivity of the loins, and may they all be firing blanks.

Hugs and kisses,

Shintaro

toffee a'''d guy can you shut up and stop insulting people you are just disgusting man ur nothing but a troll, you know what happened to the "rilawa who had a dalipihiya"??? the saying can be modified as shinatrox having a computer (and also time to waste)

Didn't know I was insulting anyone, Dude, I was accruing priceless knowledge from Sylvi, but I'll happily insult you if you want, just let me know if I have a carte blanche. I can't imagine how it must feel to keep coming online to a thread and everyone just ignores your comments, must make you feel low. Especially when those girls don't pick up those slips of paper you drop at the bus stop. I know what you must be thinking, and I'm sorry to say it IS cos youre ugly and yes you DO look funny with that thing growing from your neck and that bicycle you ride really doesn't help. Is that a good start dude? Maybe others can contribute when I'm not online, make dude feel a little bit needed, even if it is for a punching bag.

• Like 2

Maybe others can contribute when I'm not online, make dude feel a little bit needed, even if it is for a punching bag.

all ready done on a different thread. :lol:

Dear Sylvi,

Thank you very much for that interesting narrative. Do you know anything about the history of anything else? Please share your pearls of wisdom without restraint.

May you be blessed with hyperactivity of the loins, and may they all be firing blanks.

Hugs and kisses,

Shintaro

You really need to stop now. I'm getting a headache reading the replies. And I don't want more history lessons that pre-date World War I.

You really need to stop now. I'm getting a headache reading the replies. And I don't want more history lessons that pre-date World War I.

But the thing is he has SO much knowledge, that he can share with is. So many things that juniors like us dont even know. Example i didnt know ODEL did vehicle registrations.

Sylvi, maybe you could start a youtube channel with videos everyday on a new topic. I will confirm subscribe to you! I'm talking about something like this, but not in IT, but automotive stuff etc:

But the thing is he has SO much knowledge, that he can share with is. So many things that juniors like us dont even know. Example i didnt know ODEL did vehicle registrations.

That's not what he said and you know it. Stop acting daft. Antagonizing him just causes problems, and I hate problems.