• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Value For Money Vehicle That Can Be Bought For Under 4 Mil

SpeedRacer

That’s purely depending on your requirements..... are you looking for a car or a suv? pls provide more info dude..

A car or a diesel SUV (if one could be bought for that much :)). I am ideally looking for a possibly unregistered or a recently registered vehicle, purely for less maintenance effort.

A car or a diesel SUV (if one could be bought for that much :)). I am ideally looking for a possibly unregistered or a recently registered vehicle, purely for less maintenance effort.

Toyota Vitz

the New Nissan Wingroad

Toyota Verrossa

Toyota Allion

Diahatsu Terios

Toyora Axio (it has a bad rep. in AL)

Toyota Camry

But if it was me, i would defensibly buy an Fiat Punto

• Like 1

Second generation Rav 4, supposedly very fuel efficient so might be better than a diesel SUV at that price range.

Second generation Rav 4, supposedly very fuel efficient so might be better than a diesel SUV at that price range.

Are u saying that a rav4 petrol will be economical as a diesel suv

well it will do about 7-8kmpl nothing more,

But for that money the OP could go for a diesel actyon made in 2008 or if he extends his budget a little more the sportage will be in his reach (about 4.5mill) and these will do about 10kmpl in diesel and the price of petrol is about one and half times the price of diesel.

Also the Freelander diesel and the E46 320d is in his range. Also he could ho for a relatively new Audi A6 TDi

But the RAV4 is a good option considering the axio, allion which will only do slightly ,ore on fuel.

But for that money the OP could go for a diesel actyon made in 2008 or if he extends his budget a little more the sportage will be in his reach (about 4.5mill) and these will do about 10kmpl in diesel and the price of petrol is about one and half times the price of diesel.

Also the Freelander diesel and the E46 320d is in his range. Also he could ho for a relatively new Audi A6 TDi

But the RAV4 is a good option considering the axio, allion which will only do slightly ,ore on fuel.

Are u seriously recommending someone to buy an old Ssangyong jeep?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, search for REXTON in the forums.

The 2nd generation Rav 4 does above 40mpg on a combined cycle on British roads, now that is comparable to a petrol sedan. Coupled with less you spend on maintenance for petrol, the Toyota bade ensuring slow depreciation makes it a tempting option.

The E46 and the A6 TDi are different propositions altogether. I will advise staying away from the Freelander. That vehicle has a patchy reputation even in Britain which is Land Rover country. The class leader (small SUV) in Britain funny enough at the moment is a Nissan called the Qashqai designed and built in Britain.

go through some previous axio threads and check out mate.

dude, if an axio suits his needs nothing wrong with him buying one. He's not buying a car to prove himself the MAN on AL. And he doesnt want repairs, so it might not be a bad choice.

OP:

you too need to be smarter than that and say what you're upgrading FROM, dont you think buddy :P

One of these days someone should take you aside and give you a nice bitchslapping to get your head on right.

I'll recommend a diesel sportage but it will be slightly above his budget that's why i recomended the actyon

well if he goes for a manual most of the problems won't be there,

by the way even if the UK figures say the rav4 does that much it will not do that in sri lanka

I know that because the manual of the march AK12 says it does 19.2 kmpl in UK but does it :lol:

I'll recommend a diesel sportage but it will be slightly above his budget that's why i recomended the actyon

by the way even if the UK figures say the rav4 does that much it will not do that in sri lanka

I know that because the manual of the march AK12 says it does 19.2 kmpl in UK but does it :lol:

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I didn't know that the Diesel sportage is 4.5 mil. Is this the permit value?

Toyota Vitz

the New Nissan Wingroad

Toyota Verrossa

Toyota Allion

Diahatsu Terios

Toyora Axio (it has a bad rep. in AL)

Toyota Camry

But if it was me, i would defensibly buy an Fiat Punto

You forgot a 2nd gen Prius or Insight! <<< This is what I recommend. Not insight but a Prius.

Toyota Sucks, the manufacturer supplied figures for cars never hold true in real life, but it gives us some values which we can use in comparison with another vehicle (as the test conditions should be similar).

This does not change depending on where the figures are advertised be it UK, US or Japan.

Only a user of a vehicle can quote actual mileage. The point I was trying to make was that the Rav 4 had comparable fuel efficiency to a sedan of the same genre which is quite good considering benefits such as high ground clearance, bigger boot space, bigger interior and I can vouch for the fact its very comfortable (I've ridden in one all over the country on an aid trip when the tsunami stuck Sri Lanka)

Toyota Sucks the manufacturer supplied figures for cars never hold true in real life, but it gives us some values which we can use in comparison with another vehicle (as the test conditions should be similar).

This does not change depending on where the figures are advertised be it UK, US or Japan.

Only a user of a vehicle can quote actual mileage. The point I was trying to make was that the Rav 4 had comparable fuel efficiency to a sedan of the same genre which is quite good considering benefits such as high ground clearance, bigger boot space, bigger interior and I can vouch for the fact its very comfortable (I've ridden in one all over the country on an aid trip when the tsunami stuck Sri Lanka)

Toyota sucks the what??

Edited by ShintaroX