• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Transfer Problem

chew

Hi Guys,

I bought a car from a car sale. Now i have to get clarify few things, coz im not an expert in this area.

1. I was a given just a MT6 form with prevoise owners sign. Is it enough to tranfer my vehicle?

2. What is MT8?

3. Can I keep this MT6 as it is and sell my vehicle to another one??

4 Is there any time limit to tranfer this?

please advice...

Edited by chew

dear chew, just call 1919 by any phone and ask all your questions. The Information is free.

Don't rely too much on 1919 for information. Few months ago, I checked with them about getting a new DL and they sent me on a big and expensive wild goose chase. Some info is outdated and u never know until u go through it.

Nic or dl copy of previous owner should also required

R U sure? I thought they needed the new owner's DL or NIC copy? I distinctly remember when I got a car transferred in May or so, I never needed the earlier owner's ID copy.

Edited by Crosswind

Don't rely too much on 1919 for information. Few months ago, I checked with them about getting a new DL and they sent me on a big and expensive wild goose chase. Some info is outdated and u never know until u go through it.

R U sure? I thought they needed the new owner's DL or NIC copy? I distinctly remember when I got a car transferred in May or so, I never needed the earlier owner's ID copy.

Was it one day or normal? This has been told by a guy who came to buy a vehicle from me. Will run through rmv

And further confirm.

Hi Guys,

I bought a car from a car sale. Now i have to get clarify few things, coz im not an expert in this area.

1. I was a given just a MT6 form with prevoise owners sign. Is it enough to tranfer my vehicle?

2. What is MT8?

3. Can I keep this MT6 as it is and sell my vehicle to another one??

4 Is there any time limit to tranfer this?

please advice...

1. MT6 and MT8 Needed.

2. MT8 is the "Application For Registration Of A Motor Vehicle On Transfer", the New Owner (Transferor) must complete this, If you didn't get it, obtain it from a new form set)

3. It is seems to be you are going to sell the vehicle with open papers, If it is, you must handover the MT6 to the person who buy the vehicle from you

4. If the pervious owner has put the date on it, As I know there was an time limitation like one year. So you need to do the transfer before this

In addition, No need of NIC or LD from the previous owner will be required. But the Revenue license of the year of transfer/Registration book is required.

All the Documents and the Instruction are clearly indicated on the MT6/8 Form Set. (Photos/Special transfer Tax, etc.)

Yes I didnt know that the previous owners DL and NIC copy is needed as well are we sure about this chaps?

one day.

better not give ID copies to people unless its necessary.

Didn't give my NIC, as I had a copy of the DL of the registered owner of that car in my possession and I haven't transferred.

1. MT6 and MT8 Needed.

2. MT8 is the "Application For Registration Of A Motor Vehicle On Transfer", the New Owner (Transferor) must complete this, If you didn't get it, obtain it from a new form set)

3. It is seems to be you are going to sell the vehicle with open papers, If it is, you must handover the MT6 to the person who buy the vehicle from you

4. If the pervious owner has put the date on it, As I know there was an time limitation like one year. So you need to do the transfer before this

In addition, No need of NIC or LD from the previous owner will be required. But the Revenue license of the year of transfer/Registration book is required.

All the Documents and the Instruction are clearly indicated on the MT6/8 Form Set. (Photos/Special transfer Tax, etc.)

comprehensive and this NIC copy matter is there on case basis it seems, just to verify, you have a connection or to see whether you know the original owner, specially in case of jeeps. Not mandatory in normal procedure.