• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car-Mart Or Fomula World

wheelman

Question

I have a mazda3 2008 where I recently had minor body scratches.Is the car-mart rathmalana good for body work or fomula world-Kandy.( Im from Kandy) carmart guy told me that he will fix some other area as well that the insurence not covered. Thing is that carmart engine & head division guys are real noobs in cars where they mess engines up .So please help.

8 answers to this question

I have a mazda3 2008 where I recently had minor body scratches.Is the car-mart rathmalana good for body work or fomula world-Kandy.( Im from Kandy) carmart guy told me that he will fix some other area as well that the insurence not covered. Thing is that carmart engine & head division guys are real noobs in cars where they mess engines up .So please help.

'wheelman',

Carmart is not the good old days Carmart they lost their VW agency few years ago now all new management with young inexperienced staff there are lot of complains like you have said. Because you are in Kandy try some other repair shop in Kandy in Colombo there are lot of capable workshops who will attend to your vehicle.

Always try a small timer who has few work men and who knows he is personally supervising what his workers do instead of big work shops with no personal attention having engineers foremen and charge hands ultimately you pay for all overheads passed on to your bill on your vehicle.

WE will have some members from kandy who will help you to solve your car problems.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'wheelman'

Please inform me your problem is it only paint or any other engine problem.

Sylvi.

Its body & a break light. Right side front door, near break light ,trunk door ,front bumper.

Also need a right side breaklight replace.

There are few other scratches on left side(Carmart guy told he fix them as well).

Edited by wheelman

Its body & a break light. Right side front door, near break light ,trunk door ,front bumper.

Also need a right side breaklight replace.

There are few other scratches on left side(Carmart guy told he fix them as well).

'wheelman',

If you are in Kandy what you have told in your post it is not necessary to go to Carmart. Ordinary any small garage repair man will do above said jobs labor very much cheaper rate. some times you may have to change some spares the spares will be able to get in kandy. I think first of all have to examine by a person removing them before estimate then only after collecting the necessary replaceable items have to estimate the time will need to do the repair.If paint jobs are involved it may take few days.

If you want to get them done in Colombo please inform will arrange some good garage. Place to do all what is necessary to your car.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'wheelman',

If you are in Kandy what you have told in your post it is not necessary to go to Carmart. Ordinary any small garage repair man will do above said jobs labor very much cheaper rate. some times you may have to change some spares the spares will be able to get in kandy. I think first of all have to examine by a person removing them before estimate then only after collecting the necessary replaceable items have to estimate the time will need to do the repair.If paint jobs are involved it may take few days.

If you want to get them done in Colombo please inform will arrange some good garage. Place to do all what is necessary to your car.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

sylvi i am trying to PM you but cannot why is that.......i would like some information from you.

I recommend not to visit Car-Mart. They have lots of 'MAKABAAS' fellows, not engineers. They will ruin ur reliable mazda.

During 2004 my dad had a familia BJ5P. Engine wasn't smooth when we bought it. According to Car-Mart, ECU was the problem and to

replace the ECU, we had to spent nearly 1.5 laks. But as a second option we went to david pieris who is the agent for ford laser

which is the same platform of mazda 323/familia. According to the head engineer, it was the Air flow sensor.

they cleaned it up and tuned the engine costing us only about 3500/. Then the car became very smooth and returned us 14km/l.

There are good mechanics around us. They don't talk too much. find them, not car-mart.