• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Mirage 1997 Heating Problem With Vibrations

Chanwong

Question

Hi Experts,

Please let me know the reason for following problem in my Mitsubishi mirage 1997 car.

My car engine get heat for short travel also..but heat meeter doesn't increase over middle level.same time vehicle get vibration,this occure highly during the idle level.I have checked this matter in serveral gurage,but didn't get any favourable solution or answer.please help me to solve this matter or please introduce me experts who can give the resolution.

Thanks,

Chanwong

8 answers to this question

Hi Experts,

Please let me know the reason for following problem in my Mitsubishi mirage 1997 car.

My car engine get heat for short travel also..but heat meeter doesn't increase over middle level.same time vehicle get vibration,this occure highly during the idle level.I have checked this matter in serveral gurage,but didn't get any favourable solution or answer.please help me to solve this matter or please introduce me experts who can give the resolution.

Thanks,

Chanwong

Did u check whether your heat sensor working or not???

Edited by pontiac_gto

you seem to have multiple issues with the car.

the heat gauge not working properly is an issue on its own. if you think the car is overheating and the gauge is not showing that properly, then you got fix that problem. It can be anything from a faulty ect sensor to a bad gauge or even messed up wiring. easy DIY if you are ok with doing stuff like that.

I'm assuming when you say can gets heated up after short travels means that it's overheating and not just getting hot.

If the car is over heating, make sure your radiator fans are working properly....the fan itself is not damaged etc.

Then the cooling system...that's the radiator, hoses, radiator cap is working properly.

If you can eliminate any cooling related issues...then the fault may lie with the engine itself

engines get overheated only by two ways...

either the engine is creating excessive heat due to a fault or the cooling system is malfunctioning.

If you're having a head gasket leak, or for some reason the engine is running lean..... the motor tends to run hot.

In any case...a decent mechanic should be able to sort you out without a problem. good luck!

• Like 1

Did u check whether your heat sensor working or not???

my heat meeter didn't exceed over the middle level.gradually meeter will running according to the usage and it has not exceed over middle level.That mean my heat sensor working properly ..is that so?or else any mechanisam to check?

you seem to have multiple issues with the car.

the heat gauge not working properly is an issue on its own. if you think the car is overheating and the gauge is not showing that properly, then you got fix that problem. It can be anything from a faulty ect sensor to a bad gauge or even messed up wiring. easy DIY if you are ok with doing stuff like that.

I'm assuming when you say can gets heated up after short travels means that it's overheating and not just getting hot.

If the car is over heating, make sure your radiator fans are working properly....the fan itself is not damaged etc.

Then the cooling system...that's the radiator, hoses, radiator cap is working properly.

If you can eliminate any cooling related issues...then the fault may lie with the engine itself

engines get overheated only by two ways...

either the engine is creating excessive heat due to a fault or the cooling system is malfunctioning.

If you're having a head gasket leak, or for some reason the engine is running lean..... the motor tends to run hot.

In any case...a decent mechanic should be able to sort you out without a problem. good luck!

Mine is the old 1980 boxy I've asking lot of questions abt. My new issue is over heating and oil leak. Engine goes over the half mark within 2 KM and I see oil on and around the engine. Does this mean I can suspect this happen due to a gasket leak? I also put Castrol synthetic oil which I have never used on. I hear dat new synthetic oil is less in thickness and when its used in old vesicles this also cause oil leakages. Seems like I have interlinked issues. Any comments and thoughts guys?

Hi Experts,

Thanks,

Chanwong

I agree with Ripper. Your heat sensor or the gauge is probably malfunctioning.

The vibrations you here is due to the engine overheating. Its usually the first symptom of overheating you might notice (though the symptom is not conclusive).

Check your radiator fan, the radiator and lines for blockages and the heat sensor and gauge. In my case the cause was a blocked radiator but my heat gauge was heating so I realised the cause of the knock was due to overheating of the engine.

Edited by The Don

Mine is the old 1980 boxy I've asking lot of questions abt. My new issue is over heating and oil leak. Engine goes over the half mark within 2 KM and I see oil on and around the engine. Does this mean I can suspect this happen due to a gasket leak? I also put Castrol synthetic oil which I have never used on. I hear dat new synthetic oil is less in thickness and when its used in old vesicles this also cause oil leakages. Seems like I have interlinked issues. Any comments and thoughts guys?

First check if indeed your car is overheating and find out the cause of that and resolve it.

A blown head gasket is the result of constant overheating rather than the cause of it so you have to find the actual problem and resolve it.

Oil leaks could happen for a number of reasons and a blown head gasket is just one of them. It wont be due to the thickness of the oil or the fact it is synthetic. Also the thickness of the oil is not related to it being synthetic or mineral. Manufacturers provide oil in both forms in different thickness. You should use an oil which is appropriate for your engine.

1+ on Don...as always :)

imho...it's pointless to spend that extra money on synth oil for such an old motor that was never designed to expect such fancy oils. A good mineral oil, changed at appropriate times with filter changes is all you need.