• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fm Channels Issue

jayantha_73

Question

Though this topic does not directly attach with Automotive stuff willing to share ideas reg a problem that I have after fixing my setup. Recently i fixed a DVD/TV/BT//RC/RADIO LCD setup and I have noticed that it is not that smart in getting hold to favorite channels like 88.8, 88.5 93.6 and when scanned just pass those and stop somewhere else. But certain channels are good yet changes the reception from area to area within Colombo suburbs. Also when driving the signals are not that pretty clear for the channels that are stored and gets a "SHHHHHH" sound. Do i have to fix a separate antenna for this as im using the standard antenna that came along with the car.

7 answers to this question

Though this topic does not directly attach with Automotive stuff willing to share ideas reg a problem that I have after fixing my setup. Recently i fixed a DVD/TV/BT//RC/RADIO LCD setup and I have noticed that it is not that smart in getting hold to favorite channels like 88.8, 88.5 93.6 and when scanned just pass those and stop somewhere else. But certain channels are good yet changes the reception from area to area within Colombo suburbs. Also when driving the signals are not that pretty clear for the channels that are stored and gets a "SHHHHHH" sound. Do i have to fix a separate antenna for this as im using the standard antenna that came along with the car.

Whats the Brand of the unit? :unsure:

Even my original set up does not give a good reception of some channels like 88.8. in some areas. That depends on the signal strength in the area.

Hai.. I now start thinking of fixing a booster FM antenna. It seems the original arial which is of a rod type does not have a seperate power line to fix to the unit to boost the signals.

Mostly this kind of HUs have two antenna inputs. One for TV and other for radio. Check the radio antenna (mostly an arial) connection.

I decided to change the TV antenna to FM as Im not seeing the TV. They changed the jack to FM and now the problem is done. Good reception for almost all the channels. TV is of no use as cannot see it

I decided to change the TV antenna to FM as Im not seeing the TV. They changed the jack to FM and now the problem is done. Good reception for almost all the channels. TV is of no use as cannot see it

but you pay for that when you buy it....right.........you might as well buy a single DIN setup which has better sound quality