• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N16,fb15 Or Cs1/2 ?

don03

Looking for something less than 2mil. Like to know abt the Fuel efficiency, Handling, Frequency of Maintenance etc.. Thanx :)

Don't know much about the others but N16 is not at the top when it comes to fuel efficiency, and you will be tearing your hair out trying to overtake if you drive a

N16 with automatic transmission.

i would say cs1/2. newer model, decent look, better fuel consumption. try to go for a CS2.

Yeah even im a bit biased towards CS. cos of the newer models n all.

Wat r the Cons of buying a CS1 or CS2?

What do ppl say not to buy the 'CEDIA' model? they say some issue with the GDI system.. can someone be kind to explain this a bit please.. thanx.

Yeah even im a bit biased towards CS. cos of the newer models n all.

Wat r the Cons of buying a CS1 or CS2?

What do ppl say not to buy the 'CEDIA' model? they say some issue with the GDI system.. can someone be kind to explain this a bit please.. thanx.

yes. GDI doesnt do well with fuel in our country. most of the JDM lancers came in that era were GDI.so stay away from GDI and try and go for a brand new imported cs1/cs2. but most of the brand new imports are cs1. hence 1300 cc. agents are quite alright with maintaining these cars. spares are not an issue.

yes. GDI doesnt do well with fuel in our country. most of the JDM lancers came in that era were GDI.so stay away from GDI and try and go for a brand new imported cs1/cs2. but most of the brand new imports are cs1. hence 1300 cc. agents are quite alright with maintaining these cars. spares are not an issue.

thanx. wat r the major differences between CS1 & CS2 ? cos their prices doesn't have much of a difference.

Generally Cedia models are Automatic, GDI and JDMs. But there are Automatic vehicles which were imported by the agents which are not GDI. Just check for if it was imported brand new or recon.

Mosr of the 2001-2002 Lancers which were imported brand new are CS2s. But the later models (Gira Hota Model) are mostly CS1s. Do not worry about the 1300cc engin in CS1, it is not underpowered. But it is better if you could go for a CS2 though. There are both EFI and Carb models of these cars. I would recomend you to go for a EFI model.

Speres are about 2.5 times expensive with the agents. But there are enough and more places in Panchikawaththa and Delkanda for spares.

Generally Cedia models are Automatic, GDI and JDMs. But there are Automatic vehicles which were imported by the agents which are not GDI. Just check for if it was imported brand new or recon.

Mosr of the 2001-2002 Lancers which were imported brand new are CS2s. But the later models (Gira Hota Model) are mostly CS1s. Do not worry about the 1300cc engin in CS1, it is not underpowered. But it is better if you could go for a CS2 though. There are both EFI and Carb models of these cars. I would recomend you to go for a EFI model.

Speres are about 2.5 times expensive with the agents. But there are enough and more places in Panchikawaththa and Delkanda for spares.

i love the Cedia's looks, but was bit down with sarcasm all over the local sites abt it. well i guess then a recent lancer in good condition with Efi would beat the FB15 mania.. wouldnt it ? :)

Looking for something less than 2mil. Like to know abt the Fuel efficiency, Handling, Frequency of Maintenance etc.. Thanx :)

you can also consider honda civic vi for that price range it have those requirement you are looking for.

i love the Cedia's looks, but was bit down with sarcasm all over the local sites abt it. well i guess then a recent lancer in good condition with Efi would beat the FB15 mania.. wouldnt it ? :)

of course! mind you sarcasm is subjective. :D

thanx. what does FB15 got over the fuel economy of Lancers?

Specially the resale value, you can sell it quickly than a Lancer. Other things like comportable, prices of spare parts, maintenance would be more or less the same. Try to have a test drive on each a and see what is more comfortable in driving and most appealing to you and then make a decision.

the only prob with those ek3's is, they are old! (96-99)

civic ek3 manufacture years are 1996-2000 any ways for your budget if you go for a fb15 you can only go for a 1999-2000 it's very hard to find a 2001 model for less than 2.0mill if you worry about manufacture year of the car buy the lancer.

Edited by nexus

Do we have CEDIA EFI's in sri lanka ? or is it only GDI's they make at Mitsubishi???

Yes that is what I was told by the Agents. They have brought down few Cedias which are automatice, If you are badly searching for a Automatic, then go for a Cedia. But I would recomend you to go for a Manual. Trust me on that, you will not regret that.

(In SL they call the 2001-2002 Lancer; the Cedia model. But I refer Cedia to the automatice version of the same model)

Go for a CS2 mate. Fuel efficiency will be simillar to a FB15. But, handling is better.

How about an AT212 or a D9 if you are ok with euros? Better in handling. :)