• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tdi Engines

Magnum

How come there are Tdi engines on VW, Landrovers and on Audis?? are they all the same?

whats common in those engines?

i know the VW Tdi is something special

AFAIK TDI stands for Turbo Charged Direct Injection.

Its a description of the type of engine. Not the model of the engine. (engine models are like 200Tdi, 300Tdi, 1.9Tdi, 2.4Tdi and so on)

For eg. 300Tdi LR and 1.9Tdi VW/Audi engines are entirely different, although they share the same TDI concept.

AFAIK TDI stands for Turbo Charged Direct Injection.

Its a description of the type of engine. Not the model of the engine. (engine models are like 200Tdi, 300Tdi, 1.9Tdi, 2.4Tdi and so on)

For eg. 300Tdi LR and 1.9Tdi VW/Audi engines are entirely different, although they share the same TDI concept.

oh! VW Tdi is a very economical engine so that doesn't mean the Tdi's found in Audi and LR also will be economical right?

oh! VW Tdi is a very economical engine so that doesn't mean the Tdi's found in Audi and LR also will be economical right?

I recollect reading somewhere that VW/Audi share the same engine on some models, but the Audi's appear to be bigger/heavier so that could impact economy vs the VW if that is the case.

The LR Tdi engines are also quite economical.

Anyway you wont be buying LR/Audi for fuel economy now, would you ;)

Edited by LS110

I recollect reading somewhere that VW/Audi share the same engine on some models, but the Audi's appear to be bigger/heavier so that could impact economy vs the VW if that is the case.

The LR Tdi engines are also quite economical.

Anyway you wont be buying LR/Audi for fuel economy now, would you ;)

naaahh, im not a guy who is crazy about the fuel economy of my that doesn't mean i totally ignore it as well

Most modern Common rail turbo diesels are very economical. Especially the bimmer diesels. I'm sure the same is true for some of the other known euro brands

oh, i dint know Bimmer diesels are economical

Edited by Magnum