• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Cars To Pannala

NahoY

Here are some more pictures from this sunday's run

Starting off,The Jaguar SS100

hwkc0.jpg

kO9V3.jpg

YgUHX.jpg

svc38.jpg

VJUMJ.jpg

that car is an aboslute beauty. clive's one yeah?

not to take anything away from your fab pics but cars like this...you gotta be standing next to it to see how awesome they look.

great stuff MD...you must be one of the youngest classic car buffs in the circle :D

MD nice pics mate! Thanks for uploading them here.

MINIACE

My pleasure Ace.I'll keep updating this thread.But I bet you've seen or driven most of the cars pictured here. :)

that car is an aboslute beauty. clive's one yeah?

not to take anything away from your fab pics but cars like this...you gotta be standing next to it to see how awesome they look.

great stuff MD...you must be one of the youngest classic car buffs in the circle :D

Yes machan,It was a treat to see the SS 100 actually running,I believe its one of the most valuable cars in SL,if it ever goes on sale that is.

Yeah nothing like standing next to it or hearing the exhaust sounds or better yet,driving one.And yeah,I'm kicking myself for not having a good camera,but I am saving up. :)

BTW when we were doing the run,There were hundreds of photographers near independence square doing something called the 'World wide photowalk 2011'.and they took pictures of the cars...any idea where they might upload them,a website,FB or summin'?

My pleasure Ace.I'll keep updating this thread.But I bet you've seen or driven most of the cars pictured here. :)

Yes machan,It was a treat to see the SS 100 actually running,I believe its one of the most valuable cars in SL,if it ever goes on sale that is.

Yeah nothing like standing next to it or hearing the exhaust sounds or better yet,driving one.And yeah,I'm kicking myself for not having a good camera,but I am saving up. :)

BTW when we were doing the run,There were hundreds of photographers near independence square doing something called the 'World wide photowalk 2011'.and they took pictures of the cars...any idea where they might upload them,a website,FB or summin'?

there is a flickr group called "photolanka"

if i'm not wrong, the whole local setup started from there and most photgraphers who participated in that walk would be on flickr.

and the pics should go up there...cant see them as yet though

Edited by Ripper

if i'm not wrong, the whole local setup started from there and most photgraphers who participated in that walk would be on flickr.

Hmmm yeah,checked it out...only one guy has posted a pic so far...of a Spitfire.

and it was the only car there driven by a girl...coincidence? :lol:

Not quite, it started with Dhammika H locally.

Besides, you can bet most of them will spend a few weeks on processing before putting anything out. And most wouldn't be too interested in the cars. They's rather take "arty" shots of rubbish bins.

Besides, you can bet most of them will spend a few weeks on processing before putting anything out. And most wouldn't be too interested in the cars. They's rather take "arty" shots of rubbish bins.

LOL one of my cousins does exactly that...she has a fetish for dustbins...and monkeys.

But this lot were pretty enthusiastic,pretty much all of them came running to the road when they say the cars.There were close to a hundred.Some where lying flat on the ground trying to get a 'low down picture' and some chased us for half a mile with their equipment dangling...it was quite hilarious.

Actually some of the FL gang i have on FB had uploaded some photos (or been tagged in someone else's album).. Though it didnt have a single car photo. The only "car" people in FL that I know besides you and ripper are Ar@nth@ and S@ndun, so i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for many car photos to show up on FL.

LOL one of my cousins does exactly that...she has a fetish for dustbins...and monkeys.

But this lot were pretty enthusiastic,pretty much all of them came running to the road when they say the cars.There were close to a hundred.Some where lying flat on the ground trying to get a 'low down picture' and some chased us for half a mile with their equipment dangling...it was quite hilarious.

There's a reason they lie down for the photo; cos it looks better! :P

As for the dangling equipment, well, some people like to let it dangle when they run, but I feel its quite dangerous. I prefer to hold it in my hand and run :P

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

Actually some of the FL gang i have on FB had uploaded some photos (or been tagged in someone else's album).. Though it didnt have a single car photo. The only "car" people in FL that I know besides you and ripper are Ar@nth@ and S@ndun, so i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for many car photos to show up on FL.

I noticed. Musta been a lack of dustbins so they had spent their time taking pics of each other :P And Arantha isn't a car dude. Sandun isn't a car dude, but he is a gadget and tech guy, so likes cars that fall under that category. I noticed Saturn had put some stuff on FB too. He, at least, is a car dude :)

Antique Beauty

Hey I found another one.This one used to be mine,feeling like a dumbass for selling it :(

There's a reason they lie down for the photo; cos it looks better! :P

As for the dangling equipment, well, some people like to let it dangle when they run, but I feel its quite dangerous. I prefer to hold it in my hand and run :P

LMAO :lol:

Edited by MasterDon

Antique Beauty

Hey I found another one.This one used to be mine,feeling like a dumbass for selling it :(

can't really say from the pic but it looks like the car is lovingly restored!

and i second the dumbass comment :P

Yeah, the sad part is that there are more than 850 cars registered with the club and we see the same line up everytime sad.gif

MINIACE

I bet your cousin shoots you all the time then :P

:lol: heh heh...walked right in to that one. :action-smiley-060:

can't really say from the pic but it looks like the car is lovingly restored!

and i second the dumbass comment :P

It is machan,mint condition is an understatement for that car.

Yeah, the sad part is that there are more than 850 cars registered with the club and we see the same line up everytime sad.gif

MINIACE

Really?.I thought it was more like 350 cars,or is it 350 members?. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

Saw an awesome Pontiac Star Chief in the Jaic Hilton Car Park. I was captivated by the sight...

(I'm no expert on classics, had to look up the image of the car to find out what it's called :))

This had been under a cover all these years and never got to see it till this morning. Didn't take any pics without the permission of the owner but looked very similar to below...

MD, interesting stories behind this?

pontiac-1957-13142.JPG

Hi Guys,

Saw an awesome Pontiac Star Chief in the Jaic Hilton Car Park. I was captivated by the sight...

(I'm no expert on classics, had to look up the image of the car to find out what it's called :))

This had been under a cover all these years and never got to see it till this morning. Didn't take any pics without the permission of the owner but looked very similar to below...

MD, interesting stories behind this?

pontiac-1957-13142.JPG

there was one of these being restored in a garage in wattala. oddly enough, the garage was named "auto lanka" :)

i put up a pic here of the car few years back. at the time it was red and needed fair bit of work. certain body panels were being made there...

would be interesting to see if it was the same car.