• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Air Bleed Of Brakes

smiling cars

Question

9 answers to this question

i wanna replace rear left wheel cylinder washers. du i need to bleed all the system or just only rear left one?

'smiling cars',

Brake system is very important system in your car so you bleed all four wheels are better only little time wasted.

My opinion is if you remove one cylinder end you have to bleed both cylinders which is fed by this line as most brake systems have a duel feeding system.

All vehicles what I have used to bleed the entire system to be sure that Brake system will work perfectly.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

1+ on sylvi...

If cylinder washers are wasted, chances are the fluid too is a bit contaminated...

ANd imho...if the rear left is gone, chances are the right is heading south too.

I have to do the same thing over the weekend on the truck and i will be replacing both rear cyclinder bushes and completely bleed out the old brake fluid and put new oil in.

Aint taking no chances whatsoever with brakes, steering and tyres :)

• Like 1

Thanks darling

:blink:

Replaced rear calipers on the Jetta about 7 months ago but bled all 4 lines not once but twice. I've read its good after the first bleeding to drive a couple of times and bleed again to let any trapped air out that didn't pass the first time. Its suggest-able to do all four, on most cars the bleeder valve is accessible without having to take the wheels off. Also don't plan on doing this by your self, a helping hand is absolutely requiered.

Also don't forget to have a bottle of DOT3 or DOT4 brake fluid handy before the attempt fill up as required.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

1+ on sylvi...

If cylinder washers are wasted, chances are the fluid too is a bit contaminated...

ANd imho...if the rear left is gone, chances are the right is heading south too.

I have to do the same thing over the weekend on the truck and i will be replacing both rear cyclinder bushes and completely bleed out the old brake fluid and put new oil in.

Aint taking no chances whatsoever with brakes, steering and tyres :)

wanna come fix my brakes while you are at it?