• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Laptop Cleaning

rameez

Hi all,

I wish to know if there are any products available to clean a laptop or anything you guys use. I have a laptop which is only one month old and there are a lot of dust on it because the next door guy is building his house and the dust comes to this side.any advice pls.

will dash be ok...i am a bit sceptical since it might ruin the plastics and stuff.... :unsure:

Hi all,

I wish to know if there are any products available to clean a laptop or anything you guys use. I have a laptop which is only one month old and there are a lot of dust on it because the next door guy is building his house and the dust comes to this side.any advice pls.

will dash be ok...i am a bit sceptical since it might ruin the plastics and stuff.... :unsure:

use the vacuum cleaner and a dampened cloth.

Hi all,

Do not Vacuum clean.

The dust is trapped in your KBD, and also in all internal parts. Mainly the processor fan and air intake duct. If yje processor intake duct not cleaned you will end up with an overheating processor.

If the machine went through a thing like next door guy building the house, it is advisable to take this to the agents and asking them to clean the internals.

For exterior of the laptop, a bit of SON of a GUN works well. Top notch repair agents use 3M Cleaner and SON of a GUN.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey any of you know a place to buy compressed air cans to clean/un-dust laptops etc?

I checked unity plaza and no one even seems to know what compressed air cans are.

[bTW Its told not to use regular vacuum cleaners to remove dust since it creates too much static electricity which is harmful to sensitive electronics parts.]