• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Eg8 Lights

kmcsb

hi everybody,

Im planing to install an xenon hid kit 8000k for my Honda civic eg8 94 model..I've just loafing around to find a suitable bulb type for that..but unfortunately i couldn't find the right one...some are saying its OK with H4 ,and some are H7,H4-3 ..so im little bit confused.. im planing to buy it in Saudi when i go there..but im little bit upset because which bulb should i need to buy.. if anyone know pl z help me ASAP..

thanks...

hi everybody,

Im planing to install an xenon hid kit 8000k for my Honda civic eg8 94 model..I've just loafing around to find a suitable bulb type for that..but unfortunately i couldn't find the right one...some are saying its OK with H4 ,and some are H7,H4-3 ..so im little bit confused.. im planing to buy it in Saudi when i go there..but im little bit upset because which bulb should i need to buy.. if anyone know pl z help me ASAP..

thanks...

Im not an expert here but i believe its H4

One easy way to find out is to remove the existing bulb, if it has 3 connectors its H4 and if it has only 2 its H7

H7

20600104.jpg

H4

472.jpg

Thanks for u all fore replying me.. i tired h4 bulb ..but it doest fit me well..that bulb's back aluminum circle is too large..so i cannot put it ald its not fitted....some guy say its h4-1..and i remove my original halogen bulb its named as 3n.... so what do u all think..?? as it support h4-3 or what...

Thanks for u all fore replying me.. i tired h4 bulb ..but it doest fit me well..that bulb's back aluminum circle is too large..so i cannot put it ald its not fitted....some guy say its h4-1..and i remove my original halogen bulb its named as 3n.... so what do u all think..?? as it support h4-3 or what...

What ? :blink:

H3 looks like this H3_Passing_Driving_Bulb.jpg

I highly doubt you can fit that to your car.

Its not the shape of the bulb, H is about the shape of the holder and the shape of the bulbs connectors. If you want to put H7 or H3 you will have to change a lot of things in your car and if you install H7 or H3 only your low beams will work cause they have only one filament.

CAn you post a pic of your current bulb ?

Edited by The Stig

Ya i did some research and it seems you are right, the JDM version has H4H bulbs.

They are JDM market only so would be tough to find here or on ebay for that matter.

I was only able to find 3 results, check these out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4H-SLIM-Xenon-HID-Conversion-light-Kit-JDM-Cars-/150295952472?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item22fe563c58

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/h4h-jdm-front-end-hid-xenon-conversion-ek-ej-eg-civic-/110662223708?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c3fb875c

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-H4H-HI-LOW-702K-XENON-HID-KIT-6000K-EG6-DA6-EF8-9-/280731700868?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415ce9ce84

Also the second option is to get somee bulbs down from someone who is in or visitiing japan.

The third and the final option is to cut the outer ring of the normal H4 yourself, check out this link

http://floridahondacrew.com/diy-do-yourself-guides-faqs-tips/11069-diy-eg-jdm-head-light-usdm-light-bulbs.html