• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Roof Mounted Lamps

toyota sucks

I saw a set of roof mounted fog lamps in s*n L*nka and tough it would be nice for my SUV (monterosport) :)

It had 4 lamps and each was 55/60W acording to the sales person

Any one using them or having experience ?

1) Is it legal in Sri Lanka ?

2) Where else r they available? (so i could find one that matches the vehicle the most)

3) Is it of much help in night time driving ?

4) Will it effect the charging system ?

Thanx in advance

yeah mate.. i once saw a '93 Ford Laser with those roof mounter lamps on it... :wacko2:

see,,, its become a "gode" style now..

no offence guys.. just everyone seems to mount them these days..

mostly in Akurana and Matale Area..

It's a mitsubishi so it's a piece of crap. It will probably blow up. You should sell it and buy a prado and then install the lights.

Well JD it seems u got some problem with me :violent-smiley-099:

Ok I red line it often and drive it trough places a crappy prado wouldn't even dream of but still it didn't blow up,

nor it didn't even give me any trouble,

and from the way the "Palathsaba Pajeros" with the same engine r performing u'll have to tell u'r grand children to see whether it blows up.

And going for a prado(TRJ120) is plain idiotic as it doesn't have the good old boxy looks of the old school SUV s or the modern look of the santafes and sorrentos....

It's a bit like Lady gaga

And for about the extra 3mill that should be dumped for the exchange one could buy a E46

And regarding blowing up usually Mazda radiator fans r giving trouble and overheating so i might see u'r tribute blow up

and it will be so easy to identify with that chicken mesh grill of u'rs

No offense mate u r a valuable resource for all of us

I hope u'd give advice to us with u'r wisdom rather than making fun of us low knowledge people in the forum.

Edited by toyota sucks

see,,, its become a "gode" style now..

no offence guys.. just everyone seems to mount them these days..

mostly in Akurana and Matale Area..

Yes mate those here look like "gode" style

but i think a good set of Hella ones won't look that bad,

but i think they will be very expensive won't they ?

It's a mitsubishi so it's a piece of crap. It will probably blow up. You should sell it and buy a prado and then install the lights.

dude are u confused man,u say mitsubishi,toyota, is a piece of crap in other threads,and u tell him to buy a prado,no1 prado lookis like a plastic box gone wrong,whats the piece of crap u own man,pls dont tell me a honda..if so u need counselling big time

1) It's illegal in Sri Lanka. As long as you cover them with light covers you are good to go (please correct me if I'm wrong)

2) Available at many good 4x4 stores (recommend Hella USA)

3) It's vital for a 4x4 if u do off road Driving.

'kevin1462,

You answer is correct correct on your post regarding lights.

Hella have factories all over the world now.

Can add number of lights if your Alternator can handle extra Amperage. Has to know the maximum amperage alternator is build then check the existing the draw of current at the moment with all electrical units on by using a ampere meter if it is within then add the extra load which is safe with out overloading the alternator.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

I saw a set of roof mounted fog lamps in s*n L*nka and tough it would be nice for my SUV (monterosport) :)

It had 4 lamps and each was 55/60W acording to the sales person

Any one using them or having experience ?

1) Is it legal in Sri Lanka ?

2) Where else r they available? (so i could find one that matches the vehicle the most)

3) Is it of much help in night time driving ?

4) Will it effect the charging system ?

Thanx in advance

'toyota sucks',

Another member answered your post regarding the legal aspect of the roof top lights and the best make to buy.You can buy some good lights at Motorcrade.

I have answered on the reply post to that post about Electrical side of fixing more load to your existing system if you want further clarification on the electrical matter you can email me on [email protected]

Sylvi wijesinghe.

Yes mate those here look like "gode" style

but i think a good set of Hella ones won't look that bad,

but i think they will be very expensive won't they ?

seriously? for a monetero sports?

roof mounted spot lamps?

common dude.. "anun karanan wale hama dema karanda yanna epa"

IMO it will look horrible

dude are u confused man,u say mitsubishi,toyota, is a piece of crap in other threads,and u tell him to buy a prado,no1 prado lookis like a plastic box gone wrong,whats the piece of crap u own man,pls dont tell me a honda..if so u need counselling big time

ever heard of sarcasm?? n search about how it works?

Other than a sarcastic remark on this thread, where else exactly have I called mitsubishi and toyota cars crap? and no even honda cars aren't crap. The only cars I've advised against buying are chinese and indian due to certain facts about the models discussed. If you don't understand why I posted my comment maybe it's best to not reply to it since it was directed towards our other resident retard, toyotasucks, who has constantly insulted toyota owners and put down toyota cars based on his dislike of the toyota name.

I don't think me mentioning the car I own here, will be of any use. I can say one thing for certain though, I'm not trying to drag race anyone in daddy's car.

• Like 2