• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Drag Strip To Sri Lanka

devilchild

"THOSE WITH GOLF BALLS PLAY GOLF, THOSE WITH FOOT BALLS PLAY FOOT BALL,

THOSE WITH BASKET BALLS PLAY BASKET BALL, BUT

THOSE WHO GOT REAL BALLS GO DRAG RACING''

Hey Guy's we are in the process of getting permission and building a legal and safe drag strip in Sri Lanka,

currently we have finished the proposal and going through few adjustments, we have already contacted the authorities for the permission etc.

So basically this is half way through.

This will be located within 1 hour from Colombo,

The drag strip will be build to a F.I.A standards but following N.H.R.A. requirements for street legal, Pro stock and Pro mod cars,

using over 50 acre's of land, the build will take about 3 months,

A proper drag strip for any car or motor bike to check your performance, reacting time and your talent,

Every one who's racing will be given a print out of your each run,

Showing your ¼ mile time, speed and reacting time etc

There are many many more events such as fastest car of the month, fastest car of the year, and pro stock level, pro street level, pro mod etc etc,

So we would like to get some reply's on this topic ……

LET US KNOW WHAT U THINK,,, GOOD OR BAD ,,, WE TAKE IT ALL

Thanx

Gihan J

SPEED REALY MATTERS AND THIS IS THE FASTEST MOTOR SPORT IN THE PLANET

DRAG RACING IS COMING TO SRI LANKA

GET READY YOUR CARS AND MOTOR BIKES TO SEE WHAT YOUR MOTORS

CAN DO ON THE DRAG STRIP -

post-48879-042757500 1315707739_thumb.jp

Members,

Do not know who is this person going to spend colossal amount of money for 50 acres of land and 1 hours drive from Colombo if he can do or a dream, doing a survey for before the investment. As already we have Auto Dyna in Colombo at BW's workshop. This is different to that as for my knowledge.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Members,

Do not know who is this person going to spend colossal amount of money for 50 acres of land and 1 hours drive from Colombo if he can do or a dream, doing a survey for before the investment. As already we have Auto Dyna in Colombo at BW's workshop. This is different to that as for my knowledge.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

It's called a dyno and not a dyna! and that has got nothing to do with a dragstrip!

you should really stop commenting on threads if you have no clue about what's been discussed.

you're just making an ass out of yourself...

OP

Great news btw :) all the best for the project. About bloody time and hopefully this will put a stop to street racing

• Like 9

Hey guys first of all I would like to thanks for the quick replies from every one,

As I mentioned on my 1st thread I would like to know what exactly you guy's are thinking about this, so again thanks for the good and bad comments all and I would like to hear more comments,,,,

Sorry to put the same thread in two different places, my bad

To people who think I'm a dreamer, well I'm not a genius but again I'm not a dreamer,

I'm 31 years old and living in u.k for the last decade and currently working to the FORD'S car company U.K.proud to say As Sri Lankan, that I'm owning a one of the fastest street legal classic VW beetle running over 250 B.H.P with out laughing gas, and doing a sub 13 sec on Santa pod drag strip U.K, Me and my 63 beetle eat subaru's and evo's for b,fast and lunch most weekends on the M25,M4 and M1 motor ways,(if u know what i mean )

I being doing drag racing for the last 8 years and gained a very good knowledge of Drag racing and techniques

I'm in many European drag racing clubs and participating in drag racing events,

Drag racing is one of my hobbies. I do classic car restorations and modification too.

The project is half way through, and yea it's not cheap, well what's cheap in Sri Lanka these days?

I'm not a Messer guy's don't know if u guy's can see this, but I posted this thread last night between 3-3.30 am from London time, I don't want to rite Bull Sxxt on the forums at that time of the night ,

I'm coming to Sri Lanka in the beginning of October for a month, so if any of you guy's have any meetings or events just let me know I can come and have a chat with any of you,

I will be updating things and for the guy's who really in to this I got a small surveyer that u guy's can help me with which I will be posting on here some time soon.

Im happy to answer any questions you guy's have

SO AGAIN I THANK YOU FOR EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR THE GOOD AND BAD COMMENTS

Gihan J

Edited by devilchild

Dude thats a very bad classic.Rock on we're gonna have a strip atlast

Hey btw who's the main person behind the drag strip.Salute them :alc:

hello fella ,

actualy it's me my self , im the one who's behind the project and i have few of my mates are helping me out,

thanx for ur words,

btw when u said bad classic u mean bad=good or bad=bad

which ever the way people got there different tastes, it's like Marmite u either love it or u hate it , but old is gold :D

Ofourse its bad=good,who the heck would call a beetle packed with 250bhp a bad=bad :D .

:D cheers fella,

my plan is to bring this and couple of my other toys to sri lanka for this project as a track cars,

by the way that 250 b.h.p is without the 50 b.h.p shot of laughing gas B)

so u got a new 911 yea ? great cars dude, oh btw if sir ferdinand porsche didnt invent n build the beetle there wont be any porschers to day ..

Edited by devilchild

It's called a dyno and not a dyna! and that has got nothing to do with a dragstrip!

you should really stop commenting on threads if you have no clue about what's been discussed.

you're just making an ass out of yourself...

OP

Great news btw :) all the best for the project. About bloody time and hopefully this will put a stop to street racing

Please Read the post carefully note Dyna or Dyno gives same meaning.This is different to that I know

(This is different to that as for my knowledge) I have on my last sentence says this is a different thing. Fist of all you should address a member in good language (you're just making an ass out of yourself...) i will give the same reply to you for not reading the post and posting a comment to me (you're just making an ass out of yourself...)

Please note not to address in unwanted language to members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

:D cheers fella,

my plan is to bring this and couple of my other toys to sri lanka for this project as a track cars,

by the way that 250 b.h.p is without the 50 b.h.p shot of laughing gas B)

so u got a new 911 yea ? great cars dude, oh btw if sir ferdinand porsche didnt invent n build the beetle there wont be any porschers to day ..

Lol 911 would be a dream come true...btw just wondering how would your ride run with the V-tech mini's here

Lol 911 would be a dream come true...btw just wondering how would your ride run with the V-tech mini's here

ofcourse mate,

id be happy to ride with any one, no mater which car u got no mater who u are , it's all about helping each other and getting to know new people and making tis happen so every one can enjoy,

so u got a mini with v tech probbly running with 160-170 b.hp, but thats mad in mini , i guess u never had to put urright foot to the floor,

ofcourse mate,

id be happy to ride with any one, no mater which car u got no mater who u are , it's all about helping each other and getting to know new people and making tis happen so every one can enjoy,

so u got a mini with v tech probbly running with 160-170 b.hp, but thats mad in mini , i guess u never had to put urright foot to the floor,

I've got no mini bro.When are you guys planning to finish this

Please Read the post carefully note Dyna or Dyno gives same meaning.This is different to that I know

(This is different to that as for my knowledge) I have on my last sentence says this is a different thing. Fist of all you should address a member in good language (you're just making an ass out of yourself...) i will give the same reply to you for not reading the post and posting a comment to me (you're just making an ass out of yourself...)

Please note not to address in unwanted language to members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

hello Mr Sylvi Wijesinghe,

there is no point of argueing with the other person ,sorry for his language,

im trying to make this happend and i know i will,

and every one in this world make mistakes no one is perfect, i might be new to this forum but not for the scene,

why not every one join as a team and make this happen, i got enough funds for the project with a foreign invester( well she's my wife :D)

currently we are looking for the land which i already got few to choose from,

things are happening,

I've got no mini bro.When are you guys planning to finish this

oh well then u can jump in with me if u dnt have a ride :)

we are still on the process,havent started the actual physical work yet ,

im coming to s/l in begining of october to sort out the land, all the proper timimg meachines, christmas tree and beams have purchesed,drag strip lay out is done ,

but there are few more things to do b4 the actual work start,

hopefully by next april we should have a drag strip, which i belive we can do

Edited by devilchild

Another "Come Back to Sri Lanka" initiative?

well i guess yea,,,,,,,,,,,,

My moral is to creat my knowledge & experience to my original community which I belong to & where I grown up

Where is the exact location.This would be the news of the year really :)

oh well u really in to this arn't you,???

there are few locations to choose from thats the main reason i m coming to s/l,

so at this moment i can't give u a exact location, but it'll be withing 1hour from colombo, hopefull by next year most of the highway's gonna be completed,

so that wont be a issue, but still this will be very near to colombo,

Ha ha yeah, really we've been actually wanting one since 2006 if I'm not wrong..We've had a couple of bad incidents here with the street racing scene.So with this hope everyone will be able to enjoy there cars with no harm to any other.

are those r the incident that once some kid use his dad's car n went for a joy ride ?

and the other one is in the marine drive i guess yea, i have heard all those,

and yea ,im not planning on dodgy track this will be equiped with ambulance, fire fighters, and mainly high quality leveled 1/4 mile and another 1/4 mile for engine cut off, braking , etc,

and will have a about 100 meters for burnout pad and for the run off,

Concrete Launch Pad and a Concrete Retaining Walls along the strip for extra safety,

so no one will get hurt,

planning on doing this for all weekends (friday-sunday) to start with

but obviously this will not for free thare will be a charge cos i have to run a business, but offcourse there will be many offers , and many events will be there

Edited by devilchild