• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance After Accident Damage

Lahiruwan

by the way bro, can i know what type of accident did you met with and what was the agent who you repaird with. just for my information.

what were the parts replaced ?

Rear-ended by a nincompoop in a mini van without brakes. Replaced spoiler (original), rubber beading(sealings) and repainted and went to toyota lanka (who are nincompoops, but thats another story).

Rear-ended by a nincompoop in a mini van without brakes. Replaced spoiler (original), rubber beading(sealings) and repainted and went to toyota lanka (who are nincompoops, but thats another story).

How much was the estimate?

Edited by Sha7

was it a 141 or some other vehicale. Infact SLIC and Toyota Lanka has a agreement, Toyota will not charge any thing on owners account for SLIC customers.

i thought toyota repairs were pretty good. just that take more time to give an estimate.

was it a 141 or some other vehicale. Infact SLIC and Toyota Lanka has a agreement, Toyota will not charge any thing on owners account for SLIC customers.

i thought toyota repairs were pretty good. just that take more time to give an estimate.

Some other vehicale. Actually the estimate was snappy, the repair took weeks longer than promised and when I examined their paint job, they had missed a spot. Still haven't finished it yet.

The estimate was 50-odd.

Some other vehicale. Actually the estimate was snappy, the repair took weeks longer than promised and when I examined their paint job, they had missed a spot. Still haven't finished it yet.

The estimate was 50-odd.

shintaro that is the problem. i am just giving an example ok. let us say there is a better garage( Private Non Agent) which could have done your repair in better quality and lesser time and if you go to that Garage SLIC has a policy of putting it on 10 % owners account. :( It is the time that agents take to repair the car customer complains about :)

shintaro that is the problem. i am just giving an example ok. let us say there is a better garage( Private Non Agent) which could have done your repair in better quality and lesser time and if you go to that Garage SLIC has a policy of putting it on 10 % owners account. :( It is the time that agents take to repair the car customer complains about :)

That's right, if you are get 100% from IC, you won't have a qulity job in time it's otherway around also. So everybody try to avoid accidenta as much as you can!

Just asking, if I met with an accident and it is not my fault and my IC is not paying the total cost for repair, is it possible to get the remaining amount from other parties IC?

You will have to go through courts. The courts will have to find the other driver as the guilty and then the insurance will pay your damages. But this can take a few months, tears. decades.... :) Till that time you can't fix your car. Unless you foot the bill first and claim. However the courts/insurance might require you NOT TO fix the car till the matter is solved.

Its better to get what you can from your IC and get on with your life. Trying to recover every penny is not worth it.

Trust me on this, better to come to an agreement with the party concerned in the presence of the police and leave the courts out of it.

But I have heard that if both parties are with the same IC there is a way out. Not sure.

Edited by VVTi

Hi Velocity, What you mean is that if you repair your car from a non-agent garage and if your bill is Rs 50,000 SLIC will charge 10% of the bill from the owner is it?

So, that means they will pay only 45,000 of the total bill? Is it?

Hi Velocity, What you mean is that if you repair your car from a non-agent garage and if your bill is Rs 50,000 SLIC will charge 10% of the bill from the owner is it?

So, that means they will pay only 45,000 of the total bill? Is it?

if your car is below 5 years old and if you put to the agent you will not get it on owners account.

if you put it to a non agent you will get 10% owners account on parts and sometimes 50 % on mechanical parts like suspension and front arms, radiators etc.

please note that above is if there is replacement parts are involved. not dent repairs.

1) If there is a voluntary excess in your policy ( If you have a 10000 excess you premium might go down by 4000 rupees. But if you have 5 seperate accidents in a year you will have to pocket 10000 rupees on each bill which means Rs 50,000. Say you meet with an accident and Garage bill is 10001 Rupees. Insurance will only pay 1 rupee and you have to pocket out the Balance 10000. :). So never have a excess.

Is it possible to have 0 excess in an insurance policy?

2 ) Make sure if your air bags are covered. If your vehicale has 8 air bags you need to be specialy worried. most insurance companies have air bag cover seperately.

My insurance is with j********i and only 50% of airbag costs are included. Full cover is available for extra

But recently there was an Aviva dude who came to the office to try and sell a policy and it seems they have 100% on airbags (but of course their policy cost more)

4 ) Also if the insurance will cut a percentage of brand parts are brought for a recondition vehicale. ( This is very important)

isn't this always the case? except perhaps for parts that you don't put used stuff (brake pads, discs, etc.)

9) if a part is not in stock, will insurance company pay for the part if it is to be imported.

I thought it was standard that they will pay sea-freight costs (which are normally part of the cost of buying spares in the open, legal, market anyway) but not for air-freight?

if your car is below 5 years old and if you put to the agent you will not get it on owners account.

if you put it to a non agent you will get 10% owners account on parts and sometimes 50 % on mechanical parts like suspension and front arms, radiators etc.

please note that above is if there is replacement parts are involved. not dent repairs.

Hmm.. I thought of popping you the previous question since i recently had an accident and had to replace the left side front and rear doors as well as the power mirror as a result. The total cost for the two doors and the power mirror was 26,500 and the total cost for the repair was 52,000+. My insurance is with SLIC and i did the repair at A**o Mi**j. But, they paid me the full amount for replaced parts without reducing anything. There was only a reduction of around Rs 1,500 on the total bill since my car is over 10 years old. So, i just wonder whether this 10% thing applies only for mechanical parts... Or maybe the guys at SLIC did some miscalculation on the reduction amount. :)

Edited by LashNeo

Hmm.. I thought of popping you the previous question since i recently had an accident and had to replace the left side front and rear doors as well as the power mirror as a result. The total cost for the two doors and the power mirror was 26,500 and the total cost for the repair was 52,000+. My insurance is with SLIC and i did the repair at A**o Mi**j. But, they paid me the full amount for replaced parts without reducing anything. There was only a reduction of around Rs 1,500 on the total bill since my car is over 10 years old. So, i just wonder whether this 10% thing applies only for mechanical parts... Or maybe the guys at SLIC did some miscalculation on the reduction amount. :)

Lashneo i am talking about cars which are newer and within 5 year range.

Is it possible to have 0 excess in an insurance policy?

My insurance is with j********i and only 50% of airbag costs are included. Full cover is available for extra

But recently there was an Aviva dude who came to the office to try and sell a policy and it seems they have 100% on airbags (but of course their policy cost more)

isn't this always the case? except perhaps for parts that you don't put used stuff (brake pads, discs, etc.)

I thought it was standard that they will pay sea-freight costs (which are normally part of the cost of buying spares in the open, legal, market anyway) but not for air-freight?

sifan, yes you can any time have policy without a voluntary excess.

What some insurance agents do is that they try to lower the Insurance Premium by putting a excess without informing the customer. he or she will only know about when they get cheque from the insurance for an accident claim.

on all the above threads i am not specificially speaking about SLIC. different companies have different policies regarding motor vehicale insurance.