• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Panchikawatte Experience

carboy2011

I thought it would be nice for members to share their experience in buying 2nd had parts at Panchikawatte (well ths thread wont suit those who like Hybrids and want to compare Axios and Allions! :action-smiley-060: )

ok here goes my experience

1)bought window winder handle for Rs 120 (was quoted 200+) it was dusk hence when i said no and walked off they came down,paid broker Rs 30

2)tried to buy a inner door handle and they wanted Rs 1200 for a poor example,went and bought same handle brand new at L P Gunaratne for Rs 450!

while inside the watte seen may old classics like Morris's and even a DKW in a fully intact condition!

Would be great if others ost their experiences and how best to tackle those chaps (including the brokers) as that place has a wealth of hard to find spares for old classics but very easy to be taken for a ride there too and maynot be that safe to venture after dark inside as its full of kudu karaya types too

I thought it would be nice for members to share their experience in buying 2nd had parts at Panchikawatte (well ths thread wont suit those who like Hybrids and want to compare Axios and Allions! :action-smiley-060: )

ok here goes my experience

1)bought window winder handle for Rs 120 (was quoted 200+) it was dusk hence when i said no and walked off they came down,paid broker Rs 30

2)tried to buy a inner door handle and they wanted Rs 1200 for a poor example,went and bought same handle brand new at L P Gunaratne for Rs 450!

while inside the watte seen may old classics like Morris's and even a DKW in a fully intact condition!

Would be great if others ost their experiences and how best to tackle those chaps (including the brokers) as that place has a wealth of hard to find spares for old classics but very easy to be taken for a ride there too and maynot be that safe to venture after dark inside as its full of kudu karaya types too

Machan is the DKW being cannibalized for spares?

i'd say with my little experience roving that area...nothing comes close to sheer experience!

you sometimes gotta get take a few hits and hopefully learn the ropes yourself.

Knowing anybody who is an important somebody there really helps

at the BMC watte,most probably fully dismantled now,im sue they will have the gear box cover your searching for but will try and rip you off hence go with someone who has been there before and knows how to tackle them :angry-smiley-024:

machang is this the place where you get a fellow called hussain....it is a bit away from all the shops at panchikawatte and passing the canal as well right......on the left hand side when you go

yeah thats the place but i dont know of a fellow called Hussain

there is also another 'watte' before the juction but im not too sure of the location

machang is this the place where you get a fellow called hussain....it is a bit away from all the shops at panchikawatte and passing the canal as well right......on the left hand side when you go

Edited by carboy2011