• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Enigne Vibrates & Brake Pedal Goes Down

thou1584

Question

Hello Guys!

I have a Hiace new model van, auto transmission. I fixed new seats yesterday & they removed the battery wire of the vehicle for some welding purposes. after i brought it home & when the gear is in neutral mode, the vehicle vibrates & suddenly when the vehicle is on run brakes went much below the normal level also the engine stopped. Can anyone please suggest me a solution!

12 answers to this question

Strange problem, they might have damaged brake lines / ABS wireing when drilling holes for fixing the seats. This could cause the computers to shut down the systems for safty.

First go underneath the vehicle and do a visual check, better get it checked by agents / expert.

Strange problem, they might have damaged brake lines / ABS wireing when drilling holes for fixing the seats. This could cause the computers to shut down the systems for safty.

First go underneath the vehicle and do a visual check, better get it checked by agents / expert.

I was wondering the same thing. If they drilled through a brake line the extra pedla travel means that there is a leak. Or wonder if the ECU reset becasue the battery was disconnected. But then that will not explain tghe brake issue.

better get it checked by a proper mechanic.

BTW, is it Diesel or Petrol?

I was wondering the same thing. If they drilled through a brake line the extra pedla travel means that there is a leak. Or wonder if the ECU reset becasue the battery was disconnected. But then that will not explain tghe brake issue.

better get it checked by a proper mechanic.

BTW, is it Diesel or Petrol?

if it's diesel....the brake booster doesn't run on engine vacuum unlike with a petrol engine.

there is a separate vacuum pump solely to run the booster.

Tight brakes can be also attributed to something going wrong with the vacuum pump.

best bet is to take the guesswork out and take it to a good mechanic...

But he does not have a tight pedal. Its a loose pedal, meaning there is a fluid leak probably. I am thinking when the floor boards were being drilled, the drill bit nicked a line. :(

oops..my bad :)

and bad scene if they have damaged a brake line... :(

but fluid loss is prettyd darn easy to spot...at least he can clearly see reservoir oil level dropping and even a warning light

oops..my bad :)

and bad scene if they have damaged a brake line... :(

but fluid loss is prettyd darn easy to spot...at least he can clearly see reservoir oil level dropping and even a warning light

OP is not very clear on this. However, if there's a distance difference in brake pedal travel, that itself can cause an extra vibration as the vacum and the diapraghm designed to accomodate a particular pedal travel but if it goes further the vacum demand can be more than what engine can generate at idle speed.

Having said that, this does not solve the problem of why engine vibrates excessively in N position without applying brakes.

Sorry Guys for the very late reply!!! Just wanted to keep you guys posted about the solution. Finally i had to tow the vehicle to the agents, & they pointed out something's gone wrong with the ECU, the current being supplied to the the plugs on top of the engine by the ECU, wasn't being supplied steadily, current was being supplied on & off. they replaced the ECU & finally it was working fine.

Couldn't understand how such a problem arised in a new vehicle, mileage less than 70,000kms.

Anyaway thanx guys for ur support!!!

Once again sorry for the late reply>

Well didnt you know the Odo meters on most imports are turned back mate. It might have actually done 140km+

Yeah. That could happen. One of my friends imported a new model diesel Nissan Urvan with about 65K on clock. Then he complained of low pulling power and took it to the agents. They estimated the engine might have run upto 400K before (probably a delivery van in Japan.). He had re bore the NEW engine and then sold it.

Well didnt you know the Odo meters on most imports are turned back mate. It might have actually done 140km+

No dude it isn't the way you thought, I personally imported this vehicle through the auction in japan without any agents doing their part in the middle.

I have the auction sheet (although it could be faked) also I got the original JAAI & other documents which were perfectly correct. I have absolutely no doubt this was a clocked down vehicle.

Even still all the mileage service stickers affixed in japan are still intact, with all emboss seals.

Edited by thou1584