• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Under Seat Sub Woofers

invisibleuser

Hello friends. just think to share the experiences with each other about under seat sub woofers and general sub woofers. what do you prefer guys. what gives maximum output and pleasure.

under-seat sub-woofer ;)

• Like 1

Hello friends. just think to share the experiences with each other about under seat sub woofers and general sub woofers. what do you prefer guys. what gives maximum output and pleasure.

well if pleasure s what you are after, I suggest you get a vibrator. It's more precse than trying to get it off with a speaker.

• Like 1

bouncing your balls too much with excessive bass under the seat couldnt be too good for you on the long run, can it?

If I was you, buddy, I'd be careful about having a large magnet under my nuts when I'm driving. Not to mention who knows what effect the vibration will have on your boys? Better safe than sorry. Also better to put it under the passenger seat and use some bass when your S.O. is sitting there. Might be wise to have leather seats. ;)

• Like 3

He hee ... anyways out of jokes,

I also was lookout for a sub sometime back and checked this under seat sub as well. Tried a Sony sub but felt it lacks the punch. Must be due to smaller size. But these r quite expensive. arnd 25k mark

There was another 10 inch powered woofer which sits in the trunk and it had a decent punch more than the under seat woofer. also its almost half the price of under seat sub.

So better try out and see for ur self. If u have a compact car which doesn't have a big boot, under seat sub might come in handy :) :)

• Like 1

subs as you know operate in lower frewquencies. in order to get a good thump...a subwoofer has to move a larger volume of air.

that's basic fundamentals. so given that fact...underseat subs, powered underseat-subs don't come close to a proper deep excursion sub.

Having said that...now there are very VERY expensive low mounting subs available that perform pretty darn well.

If you have space in the boot for a sub, putting a sub there would be the most effective...in terms of cost and soundstage.

If you have no space there for some reason and have no choice but to put an under seat sub... you have two options.

1. go for a premium sub that delivers good performace. i doubt it's available in sl due to the price. and you'd need an amp to power it up.

2. go for one of them cheapo powered subs that wont give you great performance but a bit of bass at a budget

in my experience...a good set of 6x9's at the back wired properly to a good headunit will give you pretty decent bass. Sometimes a good set of 6x9's will outperform a not so great underseat sub like the ones you get in sl.

And for "pleasure"...JDnet's advice would be the best :P

• Like 2

thanks friends for replying. not mentioned that type of pleasure guys. :P having a good music with good sound while driving is also a kind of pleasure. ;) that's what I mean. anyway i made my mind for a ordinary sub. anyway having following 4 speakers but not giving a good punch.so have to go for a sub. :)

pioneer TSA1683R

Pioneer+TS-A1683R+6.5-Inch,+280-Watt+4-Way+Speakers.jpg

thanks friends for replying. not mentioned that type of pleasure guys. :P having a good music with good sound while driving is also a kind of pleasure. ;) that's what I mean. anyway i made my mind for a ordinary sub. anyway having following 4 speakers but not giving a good punch.so have to go for a sub. :)

pioneer TSA1683R

Pioneer+TS-A1683R+6.5-Inch,+280-Watt+4-Way+Speakers.jpg

mate... the single most important thing is to have a great headunit.

that's is not saying to have crappy speakers but great speakers wont do bugger all shit with a crappy head unit. While a great headunit will still give some cenet performance out of not so great speakers.

I've had alpine type r 6x9's in the car with clarions in the doors and tweets in the front. all wired to a pioneer 6950. I got pretty decent sound. used to play house, trance and i got pretty good bass out of those 6x9's

When i sold the car and went for the truck...i swapped the headunits.

Truck had a sony hu with jvc and pionner door speakers. very poor audio quality.

Once i hoooked up the pioneer headunit to the same speakers, wiring and what not...the sound quality improved drastically.

I too would like a sub cos i no longer have the luxury of 6x9's but unfortunaly have no space to put the bloody thing.

mate... the single most important thing is to have a great headunit.

that's is not saying to have crappy speakers but great speakers wont do bugger all shit with a crappy head unit. While a great headunit will still give some cenet performance out of not so great speakers.

I've had alpine type r 6x9's in the car with clarions in the doors and tweets in the front. all wired to a pioneer 6950. I got pretty decent sound. used to play house, trance and i got pretty good bass out of those 6x9's

When i sold the car and went for the truck...i swapped the headunits.

Truck had a sony hu with jvc and pionner door speakers. very poor audio quality.

Once i hoooked up the pioneer headunit to the same speakers, wiring and what not...the sound quality improved drastically.

I too would like a sub cos i no longer have the luxury of 6x9's but unfortunaly have no space to put the bloody thing.

ya buddy agree with you. my head unit is pioneer avh p4350.sound quality is good. but haven't good punch.

AVH-P4350DVD.png

If you can try getting Polk Audio, amazing sound clarity & very low distortion at high volume. They also handle the elements very well i.e Sun as they are made for use on yachts/boats as well.

If you can try getting Polk Audio, amazing sound clarity & very low distortion at high volume. They also handle the elements very well i.e Sun as they are made for use on yachts/boats as well.

most brands offer marine versions...

Marine speakers are different from Car speakers. Polk audio is definetly good but availability here is low. If you know some one from the states coming down you can ask them to bring you the speakers

Marine speakers are different from Car speakers. Polk audio is definetly good but availability here is low. If you know some one from the states coming down you can ask them to bring you the speakers

I meant to say Marine Ready, already posted that too :rolleyes: Ya, Polk's are very uncommon here & most people don't know what they are too, even the people who specialize in them... States would be the best place to get them as they are also cheaper. I got a pretty good deal on my 6x9's & 6's. Had them for about 3 years initially in my previous car. I made sure that I told the chap buying it, that he wasn't getting the speakers :)