• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Speed Lock In Cars

Nissan cdj

what is your car model and is it fix with aftermarket security system.?

chevy cruze 2004!!!! I bought it recently.. apparently it is not a aftermarket security system.

Actually i want to get rid of that option bcs one day i left my keys on the car seat and it got locked.. Luckily i had extra key with me.. :violent-smiley-099:

• Like 1

OWKAY.now i want to know whats speed lock in speedomatre after passing 100 ph ? whats it ?

Do you mean speed lock or the cruise control ? Im pretty sure there is no speed lock that activates after 100kmph

What you are talking is the cruise control (i think :unsure: ),When you go at a certain speed and activate the cruise control it maintains the set speed without you having to keep your foot on the pedal, very handy in cruising situations in highways. for an instance if you go at 80kmph and if you activate the cruise control it maintains the cars speed at 80kmph until you either disable it by the button or by pressing the brake.Some cars have variable speeds, some have preset speeds like 100 as you have mentioned.

Word of advice since you seem to be around the forum a lot now, please be specific when you post a question so that we can give a straightforward answer.

chevy cruze 2004!!!! I bought it recently.. apparently it is not a aftermarket security system.

Actually i want to get rid of that option bcs one day i left my keys on the car seat and it got locked.. Luckily i had extra key with me.. :violent-smiley-099:

If its not an aftermarket one and a factory fitted one there is no way to disable this option. Are you sure its not an aftermarket system ? cause most factory fitted ones only have a central locking option and standard alarm.

Does your key itself have the buttons to unlock or do you have a different key tag for the alarm system, if you do have a separate key tag chances are that its a aftermarket product installed by the manufacturer or a third party whom you bought the car from (you might be unaware of the fact that its a aftermarket system). The only way to get rid of the autolock system is to remove the alarm itself and that too is only possible on a aftermarket system.

Edited by The Stig

If its not an aftermarket one and a factory fitted one there is no way to disable this option.

Wrong. You can program it to not lock. The way you do it depends on the car. One some you can do it through a specific cycling of the key in the ignition, others it needs to be reprogrammed using a manufacturer specific programming tool.

Wrong. You can program it to not lock. The way you do it depends on the car. One some you can do it through a specific cycling of the key in the ignition, others it needs to be reprogrammed using a manufacturer specific programming tool.

Noted :D

But i dont think it can be turned off in the cruz

Anyway i found a wiring diagram for the 2011 one, couldn't find one for the 2004 though. Most parts should be the same but i doubt if he will understand it :rolleyes:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~126188

Do you mean speed lock or the cruise control ? Im pretty sure there is no speed lock that activates after 100kmph

What you are talking is the cruise control (i think :unsure: ),When you go at a certain speed and activate the cruise control it maintains the set speed without you having to keep your foot on the pedal, very handy in cruising situations in highways. for an instance if you go at 80kmph and if you activate the cruise control it maintains the cars speed at 80kmph until you either disable it by the button or by pressing the brake.Some cars have variable speeds, some have preset speeds like 100 as you have mentioned.

Word of advice since you seem to be around the forum a lot now, please be specific when you post a question so that we can give a straightforward answer.

If its not an aftermarket one and a factory fitted one there is no way to disable this option. Are you sure its not an aftermarket system ? cause most factory fitted ones only have a central locking option and standard alarm.

Does your key itself have the buttons to unlock or do you have a different key tag for the alarm system, if you do have a separate key tag chances are that its a aftermarket product installed by the manufacturer or a third party whom you bought the car from (you might be unaware of the fact that its a aftermarket system). The only way to get rid of the autolock system is to remove the alarm itself and that too is only possible on a aftermarket system.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I got the original chavy key which has only the central locking button.

cheers

Noted :D

But i dont think it can be turned off in the cruz

Anyway i found a wiring diagram for the 2011 one, couldn't find one for the 2004 though. Most parts should be the same but i doubt if he will understand it :rolleyes:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~126188

Hi,

If it is for 2004 even i would not understand..

better have my second key in the wallet.. :D

Thanks mate.. :rolleyes:

• Like 1