• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fraud Done By Srilankans To Obd/ii

Sylvi

Members,

Recently I came across a new car that said socket wires had been changed by a Srilanka repair shop so that others cannot trace the fault of the car. Later the fault was detected by a computer technologist to correct same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

Recently I came across a new car that said socket wires had been changed by a Srilanka repair shop so that others cannot trace the fault of the car. Later the fault was detected by a computer technologist to correct same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

When I got my first car(locally used one) from a car sale I didn't know much about vehicles. After I bought it I noticed high fuel consumption and low pulling power. Then I had to replace the MAF sensor but "check engine" light never came on. I bought a OBD scanner and found it had stored engine trouble codes. I removed the instrument cluster and noticed that they hade cut the correct path to the check engine light on the flex type printed circuit board and rewired it to "check engine oil" light so that the "check engine" light never comes on even when there are engine trouble codes but it lights up and goes off when starting the car as it should. Then only I got to know that O2 sensor also had been faulty at the time I bought the car.

When I got my first car(locally used one) from a car sale I didn't know much about vehicles. After I bought it I noticed high fuel consumption and low pulling power. Then I had to replace the MAF sensor but "check engine" light never came on. I bought a OBD scanner and found it had stored engine trouble codes. I removed the instrument cluster and noticed that they hade cut the correct path to the check engine light on the flex type printed circuit board and rewired it to "check engine oil" light so that the "check engine" light never comes on even when there are engine trouble codes but it lights up and goes off when starting the car as it should. Then only I got to know that O2 sensor also had been faulty at the time I bought the car.

Yup, saw the same thing done in a friend's car

Members,

This was done by a reputed automobile repair garage owned by reputed automobile engineer, because the owner of the car was not satisfied the quotation given to him. He had got the On-Board Diagnostic System Information done twice from others before he visited that garage. both previous garages had told the same problem.

The said garage They had used the On-Board Diagnostic System Information and quoted him that he has to change number of spares which it is not necessary for that repair including the previous garages had quoted for him to do.

Then he wanted the car back in the process they have changed wires of the obd/ii so that no one will be able to do the repair. That garage had charged him Rupees.2000.00.

Any other person try to diagnose will get the error codes from the On-Board Diagnostic System Information. finally it was sorted out by a person who is not related to garage business and thereafter On-Board Diagnostic System Information was showing same information what early garages had found out On-Board Diagnostic System.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Sylvi, care to name the car sale where the vehicle was bought from?

'--GeNeX--',

This car was a registered used car in srilanka he has done more than 25000 Km without any problem then developed few problems like delay start no pickup like originally the problem was VVT- System.

Sylvi wijesinghe.