• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gps - Prosat

Kolitha de Silva

afaik...sala system is device dependant...meaning you have to get their unit with their map loaded in it.

you can't load the software to your existing nav system

but i hear there might be another player entering the market with a device independant solution.

I would hold on for a bit :)

afaik...sala system is device dependant...meaning you have to get their unit with their map loaded in it.

you can't load the software to your existing nav system

but i hear there might be another player entering the market with a device independant solution.

I would hold on for a bit :)

Actually I have seen ProSat maps are working in few DVD systems. I want to find out the navigation add-on device model number or compatible Car DVD systems. If the device is there S@L@ is giving the maps in a SD card and the price they quoted was very reasonable.

In local markets, the places they sell the car DVD systems which is compatible is quoting a premium price.

Actually I have seen ProSat maps are working in few DVD systems. I want to find out the navigation add-on device model number or compatible Car DVD systems. If the device is there S@L@ is giving the maps in a SD card and the price they quoted was very reasonable.

In local markets, the places they sell the car DVD systems which is compatible is quoting a premium price.

Do you know how much Sala is quoting for their maps ? Sala is using Navitel GPS software in their units.

but most Japanese and Chinese players comes with iGo or Garmin GPS software.

Do you know how much Sala is quoting for their maps ? Sala is using Navitel GPS software in their units.

I think it was around 12 or 13K for the SD card. If the car DVD unit comes with WinCE and if its unlocked then there is a possibility of loading Navitel to it.

Hi,

Does anyone knows how to load or connect S@L@ ProSat to a Car DVD unit insted of using a separate GPS unit?

rgds,

Kolitha

hi, i dont have much more knowledge on this. but as i heard it s not possibl to connect the GPS unit to DVD player.but there are some palayers which coming with the facility. if you meet one @ sa.. pro s.. you will be able to do this. well check the other's ideas too. good luck...

If you have an Android phone, you can install the Navitel software as explained in http://www.elakiri.lk/forum/showthread.php?t=1190478

I installed it and it works perfectly on my Nexus S.

Do u have a complete SL map to use with Navitel? I do have Garmin with a SL map. But it lacks details. Can't compare it with the Sala map.

I added the 2011 SL map. I have tested this out so far only in Colombo, and it works well. This map doesn't have the information of Galle Road being one-way from Dickmans Road onwards.

I added the 2011 SL map. I have tested this out so far only in Colombo, and it works well. This map doesn't have the information of Galle Road being one-way from Dickmans Road onwards.

Thanks for the info. This software is for Android. Haven't u came across the same for Win CE ??

Just curious, do they keep updating the entrances and exits on galle road?

from what i hear...the new provider is the mastermind behind sala's software and maps. and it's gonna be far superior to what sala's offering right now.

and yes... the navigation system is supposed be updated daily. not only road closures and one ways and what not also traffic levels if the the system has enough users :)

it will be launched very soon :)

from what i hear...the new provider is the mastermind behind sala's software and maps. and it's gonna be far superior to what sala's offering right now.

and yes... the navigation system is supposed be updated daily. not only road closures and one ways and what not also traffic levels if the the system has enough users :)

it will be launched very soon :)

true. i too can vouch for this info. this new provider claims to have 3D vector imagery of the buildings as well. according to the latest of what i've heard, he'll probably pair up with another mobile provider cuz competing with dialog would otherwise be too difficult. it is rumoured to be mobitel.

true. i too can vouch for this info. this new provider claims to have 3D vector imagery of the buildings as well. according to the latest of what i've heard, he'll probably pair up with another mobile provider cuz competing with dialog would otherwise be too difficult. it is rumoured to be mobitel.

i had a chance to test it too mate :)

If the price is right...i might even buy one :) beats the hell out of any old school maps