• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Montero Gdi

Magnum

Hey guys!

one of my friend is planning to buy a Montero 2000-2003 model with a GDI engine Super Exceed, i know i have heard that GDI has some problem

1.whats the problem with it exactly?

2.what about its fuel consumption compared to the V6?

3.What about its performance compared to the V6 version?

4.Does the V6 engine only come for the Non- Domestic model( Brand new model)?, if so is there a difference in ride comfort/quality?

5.is it a must to use 95octane for it?( i read on another thread that someone had said that he/she always used 90octane, but it was just one person)

6.finally whats the market price for it(GDI Super Exceed) ( i checked in autolanka it seems its 4mil-6mil, is it?)

Montero owners/experts please help me

Hey guys!

one of my friend is planning to buy a Montero 2000-2003 model with a GDI engine Super Exceed, i know i have heard that GDI has some problem

1.whats the problem with it exactly?

2.what about its fuel consumption compared to the V6?

3.What about its performance compared to the V6 version?

4.Does the V6 engine only come for the Non- Domestic model( Brand new model)?, if so is there a difference in ride comfort/quality?

5.is it a must to use 95octane for it?( i read on another thread that someone had said that he/she always used 90octane, but it was just one person)

6.finally whats the market price for it(GDI Super Exceed) ( i checked in autolanka it seems its 4mil-6mil, is it?)

Montero owners/experts please help me

hellooo...can someone help me?

Yes... GDI engines has some problems... most common problem is broken or seized piston rings due to carbon contaminated oil.

but according to my observations maintenance is the key factor....

use a good old mineral oil and change it every 3500kms.

use 95octane fuel and keep the tank filled most of the time... ( actually this practice is good for every vehicle. it will reduce the water condensation in the fuel tank )

keep eye on the fuel filter and replace it when necessary...

and run it regularly...

These simple rules has kept meny GDIs in good condition....

About the 90octane fuel.... GDI engines are designed to run on 93 or higher octane fuel. So it is better to run on 95octane fuel...

and I have no experience about the performances of the two models that you have stated...

Yes... GDI engines has some problems... most common problem is broken or seized piston rings due to carbon contaminated oil.

but according to my observations maintenance is the key factor....

use a good old mineral oil and change it every 3500kms.

use 95octane fuel and keep the tank filled most of the time... ( actually this practice is good for every vehicle. it will reduce the water condensation in the fuel tank )

keep eye on the fuel filter and replace it when necessary...

and run it regularly...

These simple rules has kept meny GDIs in good condition....

About the 90octane fuel.... GDI engines are designed to run on 93 or higher octane fuel. So it is better to run on 95octane fuel...

and I have no experience about the performances of the two models that you have stated...

thanks for the info bro

you should probably search the forum.. almost all of the stuff u asked has been discussed at some point.. it may not be in one post or one thread, but hey, welcome to the real world buddy, grab a spoon and start munching :)

C'mon dude, you've been around here long enough to know the drill. Search and read.

ummm...sorry guys, i searched through autolanka's search feature, but din't get enough results and then searched autolanka through google and found out what i want.....but that was after i posted this

Edited by Magnum