• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Feel A Vibration Sound From The Car

JayZ

Dear experts,

Facing a problem with the car. This happens time to time when the engine is hot (mostly afer driving 15 - 20 mins)

I feel a vibration sound from the car but doesnt feel any vibration. Just like a humming sound when something is vibrating. I does not feel any vibration when this happening as well.

and after 2 -3 minutes this humming noice stops. I dont feel any issue with the performance of the car even when this vibrating noice is coming.

Is this due to a gear box issue or engine mounts?

Appreciate ur advice ...

Car model: Ford Mondeo ,Make: 2004

Dear experts,

Facing a problem with the car. This happens time to time when the engine is hot (mostly afer driving 15 - 20 mins)

I feel a vibration sound from the car but doesnt feel any vibration. Just like a humming sound when something is vibrating. I does not feel any vibration when this happening as well.

and after 2 -3 minutes this humming noice stops. I dont feel any issue with the performance of the car even when this vibrating noice is coming.

Is this due to a gear box issue or engine mounts?

Appreciate ur advice ...

Car model: Ford Mondeo ,Make: 2004

This might be a little off the wall, but are you sure its not the thermostat switching the radiator fan on?

is your car an automatic? it can be your engine mounts. do you feel any vibration at all?

Yes this is an automatic. I don't feel any vibration on D or P. This is just like a humming noise coming when something is vibrating and this is only happening when the vehicle is moving.

Check your fan mounts, blades, etc. Also if your fan bearings are worn, this can happen.

Thanks VVTi, ill get those checked. But this doesn't happen when the engine is cold. Only it gets warmer. And need to do a ATF change. Can this be due to the gearbox ?

Thanks VVTi, ill get those checked. But this doesn't happen when the engine is cold. Only it gets warmer. And need to do a ATF change. Can this be due to the gearbox ?

All the more reason to check the fan mounts. The radiator fan only kicks in when the engine is hot, it doesn't work all the time so that might explain your "vibration only when the engine is hot theory"