• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Indica V2 Lxi

Willy

Question

9 answers to this question

It'd b great if you have any friends in india. You can get just the parts you want. We had the same problem and the agent said the whole rack had to be replaced if i remember right a year or so ago. A family friend was visiting india and we got the oil seals through him and got the whole job done at a fraction of the cost of a new rack. You'll need to pinpoint exactly what seal you need to replace.

My tata indica has a power steering oil because the oil seal has damaged. Can I get it repaired? please help Im from Batticaloa.

Will

'Willy',

You can get this repaired in Batti.First of all get a good mechanic to remove the the power steering unit which is faulty, then examine the oil seal or the shaft is wasted. there is no difficulty of getting oil seals in Batti.

If the seal is not available in Batti it will be definitely available in Colombo.

If any further help is necessary please do Email me [email protected]

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi

I got the oil seals and fixed them. it was ok for about a week. after that the same issue occurred again then I tried oil seals from various shops around Punchikawatte since the oil seals are not available in D*MO people. Finally I found a place called VARSHA motors. they have everything for Indian vehicles: TATA, MAHENDRA and MARUTI. The problem I experience was my rack was damaged. A rack cost around 20,000 in D*MO. and the end oil seal kit cost 12,000. If I need to repair it I had to spend more than 35000 with labour charge. Therefore, I bought a new Power steering box for 45000 at Varsha Motors.

Willy Brandt from Batticaloa.

Mr. Willy brandt,

You have opened two threads on the A/L. It is OK you have different problem now, any how now only I remembered you as a old A/L member with the steering rack problem.

Any way give all details of your present problem what you have so that try to help you out.

Your old person who handled the steering problem cannot handle the problem. what you have now engine miss.

Please give your contact telephone number I will contact you from colombo.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.